Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 75 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

7 hours ago, syecosse said:

Just reading about Ashbys cameo seems to have really impressed again and was against Tierney when coming forward, good chance of starting there next match, Coufal suspended, Johnson may not be back, many fans are seeing him better than Johnson, Frederick's and Masuaku for the right back position. 

sounds promising. Fingers crossed!

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Coufal isn't really that good,right back is a position West Ham would be looking at in January. 

Really? Don't know where you get that idea from.  Coufal seems a very solid tough full back & from reading the West Ham forum right back is one of the few positions they have healthy competition for. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Patterson starts for Rangers in the league. King and Wright on the bench. 

Sky sports say 442, but I'm guessing it's more of a 352. Which suits Scotland. I know he hasn't become a regular starter for Rangers (yet) but GVB is giving him a lot more minutes than Gerrard did. Highly promising.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Sky sports say 442, but I'm guessing it's more of a 352. Which suits Scotland. I know he hasn't become a regular starter for Rangers (yet) but GVB is giving him a lot more minutes than Gerrard did. Highly promising.

He played left back in a 4-4-2 for most of the game apart from the first few minutes. 

Shame that a teenager called Archie Gray is on the bench for Leeds against Arsenal and has seemingly forgotten his Scottish roots. He is the grandson of Scotland international Frank Gray, son of Andy Gray (also a Scotland international) and distant relative of Eddie Gray another Scotland international. However, he has chosen to represent England.

40 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Shame that a teenager called Archie Gray is on the bench for Leeds against Arsenal and has seemingly forgotten his Scottish roots. He is the grandson of Scotland international Frank Gray, son of Andy Gray (also a Scotland international) and distant relative of Eddie Gray another Scotland international. However, he has chosen to represent England.

Really? How disappointing. 🙁 He's Eddie Gray's great-nephew too, so not that distant.

The better news is Liam McCarron is on the bench for Leeds too though.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Probably lived in England his whole life, can't fault him wanting to play for him.

15 hours ago, Dodger said:

Hickey starting against juventus. Didn't cover himself in glory by pulling out of the under 21s, but becoming increasingly difficult to leave someone out of the squad that's playing at that level. 

Hickey is starring in Serie A. It would be insane if he Doesn’t take Greg Taylor’s spot in the March squad if he keeps this up 

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

How did they all get on? That’s brilliant. Who’s the 16 year old who was making his debut? 

Craig Moore only turned 16 in September. Played defensive mid and was close to being best player on pitch until being stretchered off late on (BTW booed by Rangers fans when carried off). Rest gave very good account of themselves especially 18 year old Chris Mochrie and 19 year old Archie Meekison. 17 year old Darren Watson hit the bar in injury time. Very encouraging. Midfield 4 aged 16,17,18 and 19. 16 year old replaced by 16 year old Kerr Smith

13 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Craig Moore only turned 16 in September. Played defensive mid and was close to being best player on pitch until being stretchered off late on (BTW booed by Rangers fans when carried off). Rest gave very good account of themselves especially 18 year old Chris Mochrie and 19 year old Archie Meekison. 17 year old Darren Watson hit the bar in injury time. Very encouraging. Midfield 4 aged 16,17,18 and 19. 16 year old replaced by 16 year old Kerr Smith

That is excellent. Hopefully United play those young lads more instead of the journeymen signings & be nice to see other SPL sides doing the same

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

That is excellent. Hopefully United play those young lads more instead of the journeymen signings & be nice to see other SPL sides doing the same

It was forced by a covid outbreak but I agree some of the. Are more deserving of a game than some of the more experienced players that have been poor recently 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

True, extreme circumstances gave them their chance but if they impress then more chances are certain to follow surely.

Let’s hope so. Certainly think Meekison and Mochrie deserve more games and possibly Watson 

Elliott Anderson on bench for Newcastle today, don't know if through injuries/absents or through performance - interesting guy switched between us and England wouldn't be sure how committed he is to us though  

However great to see on the bench at 19 

Fraser starting i still think he offers us value 

3 minutes ago, borojock said:

Elliott Anderson on bench for Newcastle today, don't know if through injuries/absents or through performance - interesting guy switched between us and England wouldn't be sure how committed he is to us though  

However great to see on the bench at 19 

Fraser starting i still think he offers us value 

Ritchie starting as well although I doubt we will ever see him again in a scotland squad. 

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

How did they all get on? That’s brilliant. Who’s the 16 year old who was making his debut? 

They were phenomenal.   We already knew about guys like Kerr Smith, Chris Mochrie, Archie Meekison and Darren Watson, but there were three guys in the 18 I’d never even heard of before, and I say that as a season ticket holder. 

Craig Moore, only turned 16 in September. Left on a stretcher but hopefully nothing serious.