Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 69 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

So who would be your six strikers in the next squad?

We don’t need six.  I would pick 4 for each of the two slots.  Adams, dykes, Christie, Fraser.  We might even play with one striker.  Admittedly all 4 are not great but all a level above watt and nisbet.

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Watt is older therefore will have much more appearances. The stats are flawed

Has he? What level has watt played which could be considered higher? 

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact watt has a very questionable attitude

He certainly used to have anyway.  His upturn in form these past couple of seasons, particularly this season, suggests the penny might have dropped with him and he's grown up a bit.

As top scorer in the league he must surely be on Steve Clarke's radar.  That said, I don't expect to see him called up in March unless there are injuries, given the team is doing well and the squad is settled.  The fact he hasn't managed to score against the OF is a negative too.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Where did you read that nonsense ?

It's not true.

Jordan scored twelve goals in Serie A. Hickey has scored three.

It is true Ersatz.

Joe scored three in Serie A (two for AC Milan, one for Verona)

He scored ten in Serie B for AC Milan.

13 hours ago, ger intae them said:

from ‘18 because you kind of need recent (ish) history rather than one off games against Barcelona.

Haha exactly, its daft to look any further back than the last couple of seasons.  Tony Watt we have all had high hopes for but it appears only the last 18 months or so he has screwed the nut & is trying to fulfil his potential. A shame but that's the reality, maybe Barry Mckay is a similar type character.

Anyway never say never so I'm sure we would all be delighted if he is still top spl scoring come March & he gives Clarke a selection headache. 

Nisbet is starting to show a bit of form/promise again, let's hope that continues, as for our leftfield choice Jacob Brown, I'm not convinced yet but again time will tell, i think Clarke picked him as he sees him as yet another raw improving type player.  Adams & Dykes where classed as that not that long ago & they haven't worked out to bad have they 😉

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Apologies I got the league wrong. As I said, I'm not really getting deep into an argument about this being a choice between watt and brown, its not. I actually found it weird your brought brown into this and i should have just said that

The point I was making is watt has done absolutely fuck all in his career, he managed 9 league goals in Scotland and a few want him called up? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Totally agree with you man, there is no need to compare him with Brown at this stage.

I/we have followed Watt for years, Celtic, Belgium to the English championship & waited patiently for him to fulfil, it never happened so even though i like his abilities it'll take more than a few goals in the spl before getting excited about him. Be delighted if come the spring he is still challenging the old firm attack for top goalscorer then he will deserve to be considered for a call up. 

Edited by theabsentee

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Watt is older therefore will have much more appearances. The stats are flawed

Has he? What level has watt played which could be considered higher? 

You're also conveniently leaving out the fact watt has a very questionable attitude

I watch the guy most weeks and his attitude is anything but questionable...if anything, his attitude is outstanding 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh maybe, but fraser pulls out alot and Christie could be considered a attacking midfielder. It's not unreasonable for watt or nisbet to be considered for the squad should injuries and suspensions happen. 

Yeah, fair enough… just what I would do.  I would sooner play Mctominay than nisbet, as an additional midfielder.  

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I watch the guy most weeks and his attitude is anything but questionable...if anything, his attitude is outstanding 

If he is still banging them in in March, Clarke has a decision to make. If he's not there it won't bother me, one good half season after a decade of football is a bit meh IMO. I think Clarke will see it the same way, especially if Nisbet kicks on from here. 

22 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Where did you read that nonsense ?

It's not true.

Jordan scored twelve goals in Serie A. Hickey has scored three.

Wrong. Jordan scored most of his goals in Serie B. He scored 3 in the top league. Surprised me too but it is a fact

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If he is still banging them in in March, Clarke has a decision to make. If he's not there it won't bother me, one good half season after a decade of football is a bit meh IMO. I think Clarke will see it the same way, especially if Nisbet kicks on from here. 

He's been excellent since he signed for us. He's clever, talented, he works like fuck...and now he seems to have added goals to his game.

I'm not fussed if he gets called up or not, because I don't think he would actually play much, if at all, but I don't see him as any sort of drop off from Kevin Nisbet or Jacob Brown. I realise that he is a completely different position but the thought that SOD is good enough for Scotland but TW isn't, is a bit of a giggle really.

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

She could still probably do a job for our men's team 😂. She was brilliant to watch. For those that don't already know, aaid and I both grew up next to Rose, although she was a bit older. 

Even in her 60s, I'd still give her a game before McBurnie. 🤣

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see anybody overtaking Rose Reilly. 😉🤣

Aye,true.

But is she not Italian by fitba rules🤔

I'm sure she played for Italy.

(Won the world cup ?🤔)  

While she was born in, sounds and says she's Scottish, in fitba terms I don't think we can count her.

I do agree she would be better than McBurnie .👍