Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 67 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Good news is Stephen O'Donnell back in the starting line-up and Robertson starting again for Liverpool.

Good news for him, bad news for Ralston. If O'Donnell was on the bench for most of the next few months, it might speed up Ralston's transistion into a squad regular.

Patterson still on the bench for Rangers, though he seems to be getting more sub appearances than he did under Gerrard.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Good news for him, bad news for Ralston. If O'Donnell was on the bench for most of the next few months, it might speed up Ralston's transistion into a squad regular.

Patterson still on the bench for Rangers, though he seems to be getting more sub appearances than he did under Gerrard.

But good news for Scotland. We need all of our contending players getting first team football. 👍

9 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

If I'm not mistaken, that's him on double fugures. If he keeps this up he'll be on close to 20 by the playoffs. It'll be impossible to look the other way by then.

I do believe he is joint top scorer in the SPL? And remember he is playing for Motherwell who are mid-table which makes it a more impressive feat (so far).

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I do believe he is joint top scorer in the SPL? And remember he is playing for Motherwell who are mid-table which makes it a more impressive feat (so far).

Absolutely. Motherwell are not exactly known for their attacking prowess. 10 for the season would be seen as a decent return there.

As I and others have said before, Watt almost has to prove more because of his history. 

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Absolutely. Motherwell are not exactly known for their attacking prowess. 10 for the season would be seen as a decent return there.

As I and others have said before, Watt almost has to prove more because of his history. 

It is a bit bizarre that he was overlooked over Jacob Brown. The only thing going for Brown over Watt is his age that aside everything else weighs in Watt's favour. He has a far better strike rate, has played at a consistently higher level than Brown and has been capped at junior levels. Odd.

59 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is a bit bizarre that he was overlooked over Jacob Brown. The only thing going for Brown over Watt is his age that aside everything else weighs in Watt's favour. He has a far better strike rate, has played at a consistently higher level than Brown and has been capped at junior levels. Odd.

Watt might fall into the same category as Gauld: Both an early bloomer and a late bloomer. I'd love to see both make it into Scotland squads after the amount of excitement we had over them.

This is the first season watt has managed to score more than 5 in the league his whole career. 

He's battling nisbet for a place but isn't winning that battle yet IMO

Both are miles behind dykes and Adams. 

18 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He has played at a higher level consistently more so than Brown and has a better strike-rate - sorry a far better strike rate than Brown.

According to wiki, strike rates are similar?

From 2018, JB 23 goals from 133 games,?TW 19 from 108…… unless my ‘rithmetic is off?

either way, both not good enough to be a Scotland striker…… although, as has been said, if watt keeps on current form he’ll get his chance.

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This is the first season watt has managed to score more than 5 in the league his whole career. 

He's battling nisbet for a place but isn't winning that battle yet IMO

Both are miles behind dykes and Adams. 

How many seasons has Brown scored more than 5 league goals and at what level? 

4 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

According to wiki, strike rates are similar?

From 2018, JB 23 goals from 133 games,?TW 19 from 108…… unless my ‘rithmetic is off?

either way, both not good enough to be a Scotland striker…… although, as has been said, if watt keeps on current form he’ll get his chance.

Why just from 2018? Career stats are what counts....

Brown 23 goals from 166 games. A goal every 7.21 games.

Watt 73 goals from 318 games. A goal every 4.35 games.

And Watt has that better strike rate playing at a higher level than Brown.

Edited by Caledonian Craig