Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 66 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

7 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just goes to show how ridiculous football fans are at times.

Some Liverpool fans were wanting Tsimikas as first choice LB as Robertson apparently wasn’t hitting the heights of the previous seasons. Total knee jerk reaction and it’s like wanting to use a shiny new toy when they get a new signing that has a decent game. All too fickle given what Robertson has proven in recent years. Although maybe it’s just Twitter that amplifies this sort of nonsense. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Take i you watched he game. How good do you think Turnbull is?

I watched the game and like many other games, I’m yet to be impressed by turnbull.  He does some neat and tidy stuff but still a way off a scotland start in my view.  Not close to John Mcginn which is the jersey he competes for.  

18 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Nisbet has great quality. I actually thought he was reasonably good against Rangers. Anyway, he’ll become a top player without a doubt. 

Who nisbet? Hes decent enough but I doubt he goes beyond spl/English championship level. Hes going to be 25 in March, can't see him suddenly turning into a top player at his age. 

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I predict a similar level to Steven Fletcher. 

Fletcher moved to Burnley at the age of 22 after playing 189 times for hibs in the SPL. He then spent the next 4/5 seasons doing relatively well in the epl for relegation battling teams. Nisbet is 24 already and only played 1 season in the Scottish top flight. I can't see him replicating Fletchers career but I will be happy to be proved wrong. 

It actually surprised me how well Fletcher did in the EPL when looking at his stats. He scored 12 goals each season in his first three seasons then 11 in his fourth for Sunderland. Not bad stats considering he was playing for relegation battlers. It seemed to go downhill after that for him but for those first 4 seasons he was a decent epl striker. 

35 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

It actually surprised me how well Fletcher did in the EPL when looking at his stats. He scored 12 goals each season in his first three seasons then 11 in his fourth for Sunderland. Not bad stats considering he was playing for relegation battlers. It seemed to go downhill after that for him but for those first 4 seasons he was a decent epl striker. 

He remains the last Scot to be voted EPL player of the month.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Fletcher moved to Burnley at the age of 22 after playing 189 times for hibs in the SPL. He then spent the next 4/5 seasons doing relatively well in the epl for relegation battling teams. Nisbet is 24 already and only played 1 season in the Scottish top flight. I can't see him replicating Fletchers career but I will be happy to be proved wrong. 

Nisbet took a long time to screw the nut. His talent is glaringly obvious and provided he stays focused, he’ll do well. He has a very good first touch and weight of pass and can link play really well. He plays with his head up and has good strength. He is a natural finisher. I suspect he’s also one of those players who will play better with better players around him. Hard to say how far he can go and it may be up to him.

I always rated Fletcher even when he was at Hibs. I’m not sure if he had the best attitude judging by some of the incidents in his career. A bit of pace and he’d have been in the top bracket but that wasn’t in his locker. 

38 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Harrison Ashby on the bench for West ham today. Would be good for him to get a loan move to a championship or spl side. Lads 20 now and could do with playing games and gaining experience. 

Same goes for McKinstry at Leeds, who has had 1 or 2 sub appearances. 

These are guys that we'd be getting over-excited about in the past. Now we are so stacked with options, a young player at an EPL team is barely mentioned. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Harrison Ashby on the bench for West ham today. Would be good for him to get a loan move to a championship or spl side. Lads 20 now and could do with playing games and gaining experience. 

Really hard to gauge the level of Ashby compared to the likes of Patterson and even Ramsay.