Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 61 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty sure Hanley wasn't starting games before today, McTominay turned up but was deemed not ok to play.Ā 

Just leaves Fraser to look into.

Yeah, I think most of the call offs were legit. Clarke also alluded to the fact some of them were on bookings and it wasn't worth the risk of playing a half-fit player on a booking. Hendry, I think, is who he was talking about.

Obviously it bothers me that Fraser sometimes calls off, but what makes it worse is that he doesn't even make much effort to at least pretend effectively. I'm surprised Howe subbed him on today, but maybe they had a heart to heart and buried the hatchet.

Big ratings for all our EPL players today on who scoredĀ  Gilmour, Adams, Hanley (mom)andĀ  Mcginn all rated 7.3 or better. Only McTominay let the side down.

If you had 11 players in each position averaging 7 or better in a top league you would have a team that should get out of the group stages of a world cup.

None of the players average it but if they all do on the same day we can beat just about any one.

31 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Big ratings for all our EPL players today on who scoredĀ  Gilmour, Adams, Hanley (mom)andĀ  Mcginn all rated 7.3 or better. Only McTominay let the side down.

If you had 11 players in each position averaging 7 or better in a top league you would have a team that should get out of the group stages of a world cup.

None of the players average it but if they all do on the same day we can beat just about any one.

We can almost field a full team of EPL players who play every week which is encouraging. Only goalkeeper and right back that we are missing and Patterson will probably be there in a couple years.Ā 

8 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Wow. Forgot all about this man . Not sure what age he is but another option andĀ  March is a fair way offĀ 

Not sure Forrest will get much chances anymore, hes mostly been average/poor for Scotland plus we don't play with wingers anymore. Hes a possibility for the second striker or rwb but I think we have better options imo.Ā 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

We can almost field a full team of EPL players who play every week which is encouraging. Only goalkeeper and right back that we are missing and Patterson will probably be there in a couple years.Ā 

And Craig Gordon was a premier league goalkeeper. Probably still would be if he hadn't had such awful injuries. David Marshall was as well, once upon a time.

Patterson will definitely be good enough for the premier league. Probably already is. Though I'm happy for him to stay at Rangers if he starts getting regular game time. It did Tierney no harm staying at Celtic for a few years, or Hutton at Rangers.