Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 57 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

On 11/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, slasher said:

I'm not too sure why some are trying to change the narrative here on Ralston even resorting to some crystal ball gazing. 

The facts are that he's been consistently excellent this season playing 21 games and scoring 4 goals. We've picked two full backs ahead of him, one of whom is out of form and another who can't even get a few minutes in the Rangers team. 

I get Clarkes club/loyalty approach completely but there still has to be a degree of meritocracy about squad selection surely? 

I think he’s a poor player and his stats for a team gaining 70% of the ball in most domestic matches don’t change that.

Anyone I speak to in the game feels the same way, he’s sloppy in possession, most of his crosses are aimless smashes that no one can connect with and his 1v1 defending leaves a lot to be desired.

I think O’Donnell would have better numbers if he played for this dominant Celtic team.

The one thing I’ll give him credit for is his recovery runs and counter pressing but he’s been found out whenever he’s come up against good opposition this season.

I’ll be surprised if he’s still starting every week for Celtic at this point next season.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The dilemma with Patterson is not whether he is better than SOD or Ralston. It is that his club manager does not consider him to be better defensively or offensively than James Tavernier and hence he doesn't get picked.

James fucking Tavernier - who no other club is interested in.

Let all that sink in and wonder why. 

Patterson's ability is demonstrable, however it is not sustainable, short-term or long term, for him to be first pick for Scotland while continually getting skelfs on his arse at Ibrox if SOD and Ralston are playing regularly and in decent form.

James “fucking” Tavernier who has 25 assists and 22 goals in the last season and a half from right back is someone you think is easily droppable? 🥴 

Doubt many Scotland players can match those numbers in the same time period if any.

26 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

I think he’s a poor player and his stats for a team gaining 70% of the ball in most domestic matches don’t change that.

Anyone I speak to in the game feels the same way, he’s sloppy in possession, most of his crosses are aimless smashes that no one can connect with and his 1v1 defending leaves a lot to be desired.

I think O’Donnell would have better numbers if he played for this dominant Celtic team.

The one thing I’ll give him credit for is his recovery runs and counter pressing but he’s been found out whenever he’s come up against good opposition this season.

I’ll be surprised if he’s still starting every week for Celtic at this point next season.

You're one of these tiresome XG, expected goals cunts aren't you. 🙄

I actually watch the guy every week and your assessment of his performance this season is bullshit. 

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

James fucking Tavernier? One of the best players in the country, I expect there’s probably clubs interested in his to be honest.

Patterson just needs a move as last years player of the season and the only right back in Scotland better than Patterson is keeping him out of his club side. 

On what basis is James Tavernier one of the best players in the country??

55 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

3 goals and 7 assists in 10 league games. He's utter shite. He has almost double the assists of second place.

He has his faults but anyone claiming he isn't one of the best in the league, needs a reality check. 

😂😂😂 what a clueless comment. He’s the best right back in the league by a mile. Doesn’t mean he’s a fantastic player but he’s certainly the best in the league and would walk into the Scotland squad if he was Scottish. 

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

3 goals and 7 assists in 10 league games. He's utter shite. He has almost double the assists of second place.

He has his faults but anyone claiming he isn't one of the best in the league, needs a reality check. 

Sorry mate, I completely misread your comment. 😂😂😂

50 minutes ago, sjd1972 said:

Callum Davidson is proud that one of his players is called up for their country.  Robbie Neilson will turn his phone off to prevent a call up. This he said on Sportsound after today's games.

Robbie Nielson is an idiot. Reminds me of Levein. 

5 hours ago, slasher said:

You're one of these tiresome XG, expected goals cunts aren't you. 🙄

I actually watch the guy every week and your assessment of his performance this season is bullshit. 

I watch him every week too.

Been difficult to watch much of him over the last few years mind as literally none of his managers have rated him and Ange only started playing him this season because of an emergency that was seeing teenagers starting in the back 4 at the start of the season.

Every time I watch him he looks like he’s waiting to make another awful mistake.

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

On what basis is James Tavernier one of the best players in the country??

That he was player of the year last season for a start? Captain of the unbeaten league winning team? Top assist leader in the league? One of the top goal scorers?

Any of those reasons do? Or do you just dislike Rangers so much that you’re incapable of reasoned debate concerning Rangers players?

9 hours ago, sjd1972 said:

Callum Davidson is proud that one of his players is called up for their country.  Robbie Neilson will turn his phone off to prevent a call up. This he said on Sportsound after today's games.

Sounds like a tongue in cheek comment. He’s not actually going to block any call up and he wouldn’t have the power to do so simply by switching off his phone!

9 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

That he was player of the year last season for a start? Captain of the unbeaten league winning team? Top assist leader in the league? One of the top goal scorers?

Any of those reasons do? Or do you just dislike Rangers so much that you’re incapable of reasoned debate concerning Rangers players?

Is asking a question about the player keeping Scotland's right back out of his club team unreasonable? 

Edited by Barney Rubble