Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 52 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

2 0 in 2010, not sure if there’s other games with ridiculous scores in recent years. 

I don’t think it’s negative to acknowledge reality. Teams on a par to us might qualify via an easier process. 

Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 in the 2010 world cup I think

22 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

McTominay MOTM (“by a mile”) v Spurs. 

According to his manager who has been getting abuse for playing him

From the Man U forum it sounds like having three central defenders behind suits him a lot more than the holding role he has been playing. It allowed him to get forward with the ball more by the sounds of things.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

The most embarrassing semi since I watched Brokeback Mountain.

🤣Nice one.  But be warned it's only a matter of time before some woke halfwit on this forum will be accusing you of homophobia or casual racism or whatever

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Che adams goal from yesterday. 

Reminds me a little of his Faroes goal, in the sense that if you give him a second to pick his spot, he will find it. Maybe we should have him on the freekicks. Assuming Turnbull isn't going to be in the first 11, Adams might be out best bet. He can't be worse than what we've had lately.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

According to his manager who has been getting abuse for playing him

From the Man U forum it sounds like having three central defenders behind suits him a lot more than the holding role he has been playing. It allowed him to get forward with the ball more by the sounds of things.

Man Utd played a 3/5/2 yesterday with McTominay as the holding midfielder of the 3 in midfield. Fernandez as playmaker and Fred as box to box midfielder. 2nd half he started to make more forward runs from midfield and looked good, personally I’d have Fred as the holding midfielder and McTominay as the box to box. Couple of times he was caught in possession when he received a pass and was quickly closed down by Spurs players, he’s doesn’t have really quick feet like say Gilmour or McGregor. Looked good though when he receives the ball and has space to drive into. 
Ralston has got to be pushing for a place in the squad, he’s been Celtic’s best player this season. 

With regard to McTominay he does have good, quick feet, but it was just a couple of times where he was pressed very quickly after receiving a pass and got caught in possession because it takes him a little longer to adjust his body shape than a smaller player like Gilmour or McGregor. When he’s striding forward, he looks really good. Can stride pass opposition players like they’re  training dummies.

Edited by Scot1