Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

It seems like its a foul if it suits the ref these days which is the problem.

Even with the new rules, which are unclear to say the least, it's not a foul, hes easily first to the ball and cleanly connects with the ball without any meaningful challenge or obstruction from aribo who has no chance of getting the ball. 

If its a foul then the whole of football and its rules will have to be overhauled and refs will be completely confused as to what the right decisions are regarding a slide tackle.

It’s a stonewall red card 

17 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Yes, that was a lunge too.

Did that endanger the opponent though? The picture could be misleading but it looks like he’s nowhere near him. I don’t remember the tackle so I can’t say one way or another based on that photo. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, syecosse said:

West Brom played last night and won, they go top of the league in attack they had Matt phillips and Karlan Grant and seems to be a regular thing for them, they also have Mowatt playing regularly in midfield. 

I watched that game and Phillips didn’t do much. I’d be very surprised if he was called back up.

I had no idea that Grant was eligible (and don’t know if he’d even want to play for us). He actually scored a good goal and played quite well. Only based on one game, never seen him otherwise 

48 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I watched that game and Phillips didn’t do much. I’d be very surprised if he was called back up.

I had no idea that Grant was eligible (and don’t know if he’d even want to play for us). He actually scored a good goal and played quite well. Only based on one game, never seen him otherwise 

Karlan grant will probably end up playing for us eventually. He's a good striker at championship level which is about our standard these days when it comes to strikers. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I sometimes feel Robertson doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Not that anyone doesn’t rate him, just that he’s been consistently excellent for so long.

Anyway, he’s playing well again as Liverpool are destroying Watford 3-0 with nearly 40 minutes to go. An equal amongst giants and totally fundamental to the way they play

31 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I sometimes feel Robertson doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Not that anyone doesn’t rate him, just that he’s been consistently excellent for so long.

Anyway, he’s playing well again as Liverpool are destroying Watford 3-0 with nearly 40 minutes to go. An equal amongst giants and totally fundamental to the way they play

His crossing for Scotland is poor compared to when he plays for Liverpool.  Too many over hit , never seems to put a bad one in for his club 

31 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

His crossing for Scotland is poor compared to when he plays for Liverpool.  Too many over hit , never seems to put a bad one in for his club 

Didn’t he cross a couple in for some of our goals in the last couple sets of internationals? 

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Not popular on here but Sam Gallagher has a goal and an assist in the first half for Blackburn.  

There was some talk of him being called up recently.

I'd take him.  He seems to be on form at the moment too.

7 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Scottish mother. He's been getting a few this season, 5 goals and two assists in 12 games with a shot accuracy of 76% - getting shots in target is on thing we could definitely be better at so worth a look...