Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he played okay in the cup midweek. He certainly wasn't poor enough to be dropped on the back of that performance so maybe it was tactical or perhaps he picked up a wee injury.

Either way, Norwich lost again today, so it's not as if he's a major factor in their woes.

6 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Rangers were very poor and fortunate to beat Dundee today but Jon McLaughlin had a very good game. Made a couple of decent saves, saved a penalty and was very good as usual withe ball at his feet.

Looking at the stats they were very poor or Dundee were pretty good, one thing for sure is McLaughlin had to make half a dozen saves and is probably Rangers first choice keeper.

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

I thought he played okay in the cup midweek. He certainly wasn't poor enough to be dropped on the back of that performance so maybe it was tactical or perhaps he picked up a wee injury.

Either way, Norwich lost again today, so it's not as if he's a major factor in their woes.

All players would be involved in a team who have lost their six on the spin he would not be exempt in anyway . How would he get an exemption from their woes? What is the qualification for that ?

He was better in the league cup tie against Liverpool his movement was a bit better.

My worry for him is once farke is sacked and one of the dinosaurs big Sam or hogson come in , he may struggle for game time .

12 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

All players would be involved in a team who have lost their six on the spin he would not be exempt in anyway . How would he get an exemption from their woes? What is the qualification for that ?

He was better in the league cup tie against Liverpool his movement was a bit better.

My worry for him is once farke is sacked and one of the dinosaurs big Sam or hogson come in , he may struggle for game time .

I don't think they'll sack him. I've a pal who's a Norwich supporter and it sounds like they'd stick with him even if they went down, there's just a very vocal minority of support who want him gone.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, vanderark14 said:

Sunderland have failed twice to get promoted or is it just once?

Stewart has started well but he's nowhere near good enough.........yet

When I say “do a job for us”, I mean he’s someone who can push Dykes in training, Dykes has never had the chance really to train with another “similar” type of striker, not at club level. McBurnie & Paterson at Scotland but they don’t make the squad nowadays. And also you could bring Stewart off the bench for Dykes as a like for like replacement, 10-15 minutes to go, if it’s appropriate.

12 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Of course he isn't exempt from criticism, I wasn't suggesting he was. From what I've seen of Norwich he's no more culpable than anyone else for the position they're in, and the fact they lost again yesterday without him featuring at all suggests that having Billy Gilmour in the side isn't why they're struggling. Maybe that is a better way of putting it.

Against Liverpool, Norwich were easily second best but Gilmour made several good, long-range passes that got his team up the park. At one point in the second half he picked up the ball and ran from deep, taking out virtually the entire Liverpool midfield, to set up a chance. It almost reminded me of a young Paul Gascoigne. 

I wouldn't blame Norwich if they did sack Farke and bring in Sam Allardyce - because if you want someone to keep you up, he's your man - but it would be near disastrous for a young ball-playing midfielder who is there on loan to learn about the game.

One thing you have to admire in our players the vast majority generally don’t pull up any trees at club level. 

Yet because we have to look at players fit and playing as our main section process , current form is a bonus , yet somehow we get a squad together that again we are competing in a group.

I am not a massive Clarke fan but he deserves some credit for that .