Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

And - is that because the authorities would be less likely to take action against them; or because they are more saintly? I'm not clear.

If you’re not clear, then how about I put this bluntly. Rangers fans are worse, they commit more offences, so they would be punished more often. Or in your words, Celtic are more saintly compared to Rangers. 

5 year old language, Celtic bad, but Rangers very very bad. 

Jesus 😳

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Or give every one who has posted here more than 4 times in the last 24 hours a 48 hour ban. 

Lol sounds a tad harsh, tbh I don't  give a fuuk what ppl discuss, just the old firm whataboutery has to be the most boring of discussions out there, but crack on, I hate the thought others telling me what to discuss or debate. Would be good if it was moved til it's own thread or to the football related section though. 

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Big night for Jack Hendry awaits tonight, if he starts. 

Lets hope club brugge keep it a respectable scoreline, Hendrys confidence will take a hit if they get pumped 6 nil. 

This is the level we need to see him perform at to have the confidence in him for Scotland.  Great chance to cement the right centre half role

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Your under no obligation to engage with the debate and you can post something about football if you want.

I think it's important to highlight this and educate people. In England they've not fucked around. Chelsea are investigating and looking to ban the twat in question, it's been brought up on national TV kick it out are putting pressure on too. 

If that were in Scotland it would be brushed under the carpet with statements about the other side are worse.

Rangers are at a cross roads. They rightly showed solidarity with Kamara after he was racially abused but this opened a cam of worms for them because they now have to tackle an issue they should've tackled 20 years ago..........sectarian bigotry

You obviously missed Rangers banning several supporters for the recent Furihashi and famine song incidents.

If something similar to the McGinn incident had happened at Ibrox Rangers would 100%  be “investigating and looking to ban the twat”.

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You obviously missed Rangers banning several supporters for the recent Furihashi and famine song incidents.

If something similar to the McGinn incident had happened at Ibrox Rangers would 100%  be “investigating and looking to ban the twat”.

I didn't miss it because I commented on it on this thread. Its a start

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I didn't miss it because I commented on it on this thread. Its a start

Well I must have missed that then. 😂

Why claim Rangers would have swept it under the carpet then as this obviously isn’t the case?

It certainly would have been the case in the past but not now. 

Rangers can certainly be accused of not doing enough to proactively eradicate sectarianism at Ibrox (although they are certainly better than they used to be - mainly because of fines and stand closures enforced by UEFA) but they will and do take action when these horrible people are caught out. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Well I must have missed that then. 😂

Why claim Rangers would have swept it under the carpet then as this obviously isn’t the case?

It certainly would have been the case in the past but not now. 

Rangers can certainly be accused of not doing enough to proactively eradicate sectarianism at Ibrox (although they are certainly better than they used to be - mainly because of fines and stand closures enforced by UEFA) but they will and do take action when these horrible people are caught out. 

Did Rangers follow through regarding the famine song incident? Its definitely a start but I do think they need to try much harder. If you look at the statement they released, its starts off great but they always land on "this is a scottish society issue" why do they do that? why do they have to point the finger elsewhere instead of taking responsibility?

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Big night for Jack Hendry awaits tonight, if he starts. 

Lets hope club brugge keep it a respectable scoreline, Hendrys confidence will take a hit if they get pumped 6 nil. 

Will he play?

I noticed he has started just the one match recently

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Will he play?

I noticed he has started just the one match recently

To be fair he signed on the 31st of August whilst with the Scotland squad and would have joined up with his new club a week ago. He may have been rested for weekend matches which is the only match he has been able to miss.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Did Rangers follow through regarding the famine song incident? Its definitely a start but I do think they need to try much harder. If you look at the statement they released, its starts off great but they always land on "this is a scottish society issue" why do they do that? why do they have to point the finger elsewhere instead of taking responsibility?

Rangers didn't invent sectarianism. You can blame the shipyards and employers just as much; for example, you couldn't get a start at Fairfields at one time if you were a catholic - that's nothing to do with the football. Sure, it is manifested at the most high profile level at the football, but the Orange walks are more of a societal issue wouldn't you say? 

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Rangers didn't invent sectarianism. You can blame the shipyards and employers just as much; for example, you couldn't get a start at Fairfields at one time if you were a catholic - that's nothing to do with the football. Sure, it is manifested at the most high profile level at the football, but the Orange walks are more of a societal issue wouldn't you say? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 fuckin hell man, is there any length you won't go to to deflect this issue away from rangers and the role they play.

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll watch some of this, first CL match I watched for a long time 

Up against Messi, Mbappe and Neymar.... One of the most terrifying strike forces ever assembled. And Hendry looks to be the main CB. Let us know how he gets on, but I think no matter how it turns out, he deserves a pass, as does the rest of Club Brugge.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don’t think Rangers has the resources to identify the people that were singing the famine song. The club can only really take action against people identified by the police. 

If the video was at Ibrox then they could identify people through their seat number but how are they meant to do that for fans who are marching up Argyle Street?

Bigotry in Scotland isn’t limited to supporters of the Old Firm or even football in general so I guess the clubs point that out to deflect from the arseholes in their support. They are hardly going to come out and say their supporters are the scum of the earth are they? All Rangers (or any club) can do is continue with their messaging that sectarianism/racism/homophobia or whatever will not be tolerated and anyone found spouting vile pish will be banned for life. 

I don’t know if you’ve been to Ibrox recently but they are making a big deal out of it now in a way they have never done in the past. Not that this excuses the past but, like you say, it is a start. Unfortunately the absolute bellends that think it’s ok to behave in this way will never listen.