Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

how are Rangers football club at the heart of sectarianism in Scotland?  I think you mean that some idiots that choose to support rangers are.  It’s nothing to do with rangers football club.

And there ends the conversation. You are part of the problem.

51 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Lewis Fiorini has scored again tonight, after a good season in Hollands second division and Man city handing him a 5 year contract looks like has started well in League 1. 

His goal on the weekend was a scorcher, looks like hes easily good enough for league 1, only 19 as well. Next season he should be at minimum playing championship level.

Just now, Malcolm said:

im arguing my point which you don’t agree 

No, you're making up nonsense about vendettas

Rangers have nothing to do with sectarianism...... im still laughing in disbelief that a non Rangers fan would think that. 🤣

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

This, here, is part of the problem (a large part). A failure to condemn without partaking in a bit of whataboutery.

It fuckin stinks.

I don't know about Malcolm, but I have found that when criticising one half of the OF it's also necessary to criticise the other, or else you're accused of being "wan ae THEM!!" and what you're trying to say immediately gets dismissed.

Personally, I think if both clubs ceased to exist tomorrow, never to return again in any form, society in Scotland would improve beyond all recognition.

52 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

No issue with highlighting idiots and condemning them no matter what their suspected club background is.

Again, you've contradicted yourself. If your point was that this person is a bigot, and the team they support is irrelevant then, you'd be wrong, but you'd have a fair argument. However, you brought Celtic into it. Which is even less relevant to the debate since it was a Scotland player playing for Aston Villa, and has never played for Celtic.

If you want to focus on the individuals, go ahead, but don't drag other clubs into it, it devalues the crime, which is what this is. 

8 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Again, you've contradicted yourself. If your point was that this person is a bigot, and the team they support is irrelevant then, you'd be wrong, but you'd have a fair argument. However, you brought Celtic into it. Which is even less relevant to the debate since it was a Scotland player playing for Aston Villa, and has never played for Celtic.

If you want to focus on the individuals, go ahead, but don't drag other clubs into it, it devalues the crime, which is what this is. 

Nobody is devaluing the crime.  I contributed once this had turned in to a rangers bashing thread that other clubs have fans associated with them that are equally as bad.  I could post videos of horrific, outlawed songs glorifying terrorists and celebrating the murder of a British soldier being sung by them.  Truly awful.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No, you're making up nonsense about vendettas

Rangers have nothing to do with sectarianism...... im still laughing in disbelief that a non Rangers fan would think that. 🤣

no nonsense being made up here.  I have supported Scotland for 45 years and in the past 15 or so I have seen this develop as a thing amongst the tartan army where there is anti rangers sentiment.  I don’t support either of the old firm.

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

Personally, I think if both clubs ceased to exist tomorrow, never to return again in any form, society in Scotland would improve beyond all recognition.

Agreed. But, sadly, it won't happen. The way to deal with the issue is for OF clubs to issue lifetime bans to anyone caught displaying sectarianism. If the clubs are not willing to do that then begin docking points for each incident then the clubs will have to take notice. Remove the hardcore and show everyone sectarianism is not welcome.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

no nonsense being made up here.  I have supported Scotland for 45 years and in the past 15 or so I have seen this develop as a thing amongst the tartan army where there is anti rangers sentiment.  I don’t support either of the old firm.

I have a feeling that may be driven by another issue too. Gers fans loving to sing union backing songs such as 'Rule Brittania' and 'I was born under a union flag'etc.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I don't believe you, your defence of Rangers and their role in sectarian bigotry is embarrassing, no self respecting non old firm fan would defend it or in your case broch it under the carpet the way you have.

15 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Nobody is devaluing the crime.  I contributed once this had turned in to a rangers bashing thread that other clubs have fans associated with them that are equally as bad.  I could post videos of horrific, outlawed songs glorifying terrorists and celebrating the murder of a British soldier being sung by them.  Truly awful.

Go ahead and post the videos, they'd be irrelevant to this discussion unless your aim is just to point the finger at the other side to dilute the problem.

You've got to love the apologists

Scotland player is abused by sectarian bigot who is 99% certain to support a certain club and we get the usual from apologists.....

Anti Rangers agenda - check 

But but but ra sellick do it anaw- check

It's the individuals, Rangers have nothing to do with the club - check. 

The only one missing is, its a Scottish society problem

Can we all just agree the video is unacceptable, agree it was a complete fanny or fannys who took the video and move on back to talking about Scotland players in action please? 

We all support Scotland, we all think sectarian abuse has no place anywhere and we all have a common goal of Scottish players thriving & the good feeling in our national team continuing to rise as it has been.

Let’s park it there and just talk about football 👍🏾

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Can we all just agree the video is unacceptable, agree it was a complete fanny or fannys who took the video and move on back to talking about Scotland players in action please? 

We all support Scotland, we all think sectarian abuse has no place anywhere and we all have a common goal of Scottish players thriving & the good feeling in our national team continuing to rise as it has been.

Let’s park it there and just talk about football 👍🏾

Your under no obligation to engage with the debate and you can post something about football if you want.

I think it's important to highlight this and educate people. In England they've not fucked around. Chelsea are investigating and looking to ban the twat in question, it's been brought up on national TV kick it out are putting pressure on too. 

If that were in Scotland it would be brushed under the carpet with statements about the other side are worse.

Rangers are at a cross roads. They rightly showed solidarity with Kamara after he was racially abused but this opened a cam of worms for them because they now have to tackle an issue they should've tackled 20 years ago..........sectarian bigotry

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't believe you, your defence of Rangers and their role in sectarian bigotry is embarrassing, no self respecting non old firm fan would defend it or in your case broch it under the carpet the way you have.

suit yourself.  What exactly is Rangers football club role in sectarian bigotry in your view?

12 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

suit yourself.  What exactly is Rangers football club role in sectarian bigotry in your view?

They fuel it by doing next to nothing to stop it. Why? Because they know it makes them money and fuels the rivalry with the other side. By doing nothing they encourage it.

Rangers wouldn't even sign catholics till late last century, that's almost 100 years of anti catholic bigotry, that's not going to be erased as soon as they sign a catholic and release the odd statement 

The realease of orange kits, that isn't s tribute to Dutch players, anyone who thought that is an idiot.

I'll give you one positive, it was a start to see Rangers ban those black march idiots recently but for me it's 25 years too late and they're only doing it because others have started to highlight racism and bigotry 

Frankly I'm amazed you need to ask the question, if you weren't a rangers fan and had been following Scottish football for 45 years you wouldn't need to ask this question unless you are ignorant beyond belief 

EdIT I'd also add that Rangers fuel bigotry by continuously pointing the finger at celtic or claiming its a minority. 50k rangers fans singing anti catholic songs is not a minority, its a large portion of their hardcore support.

Edited by vanderark14

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They fuel it by doing next to nothing to stop it. Why? Because they know it makes them money and fuels the rivalry with the other side. By doing nothing they encourage it.

Rangers wouldn't even sign catholics till late last century, that's almost 100 years of anti catholic bigotry, that's not going to be erased as soon as they sign a catholic and release the odd statement 

The realease of orange kits, that isn't s tribute to Dutch players, anyone who thought that is an idiot.

I'll give you one positive, it was a start to see Rangers ban those black march idiots recently but for me it's 25 years too late and they're only doing it because others have started to highlight racism and bigotry 

Frankly I'm amazed you need to ask the question, if you weren't a rangers fan and had been following Scottish football for 45 years you wouldn't need to ask this question unless you are ignorant beyond belief 

EdIT I'd also add that Rangers fuel bigotry by continuously pointing the finger at celtic or claiming its a minority. 50k rangers fans singing anti catholic songs is not a minority, its a large portion of their hardcore support.

you are completely wrong.  Rangers have been unequivocal in their condemnation of sectarianism.  Blaming the club for goings on fifty years ago is pointless.  Celtic, again, equally bad.  Jock stein never felt properly accepted at the club as he was Protestant.  Dragging up fifty years ago has no relevance to today.

if you are so smart tell me what can be done about fans in any club that are sectarian and how you would deal with it? Arrests in the ground, points off for any club whose fans sing a banned song? 

Just now, Malcolm said:

you are completely wrong.  Rangers have been unequivocal in their condemnation of sectarianism.  Blaming the club for goings on fifty years ago is pointless.  Celtic, again, equally bad.  Jock stein never felt properly accepted at the club as he was Protestant.  Dragging up fifty years ago has no relevance to today.

if you are so smart tell me what can be done about fans in any club that are sectarian and how you would deal with it? Arrests in the ground, points off for any club whose fans sing a banned song? 

Seriously, are you this ignorant? I'm being serious here. I've encountered some unbelievably ignorant old firm fans in the past but never someone who claims to support another team

They're not unequivocal in their condemnation of sectarianism bigotry at all. They say they are appalled and them blame society for it.

What could rangers do? 

They could start issuing lifetime bans to those who sing bigoted songs or abuse catholic players.

they could stop pandering to the bigots. When they condemn sectarian bigotry its half arsed and always diluted at the end of the statement see the example below, they start off well but end terribly. This is not a societal issue, there's almost always one set of supporters at the heart of it. 

Following an incident on Sunday, we repeat that Rangers FC condemns all forms of racism, sectarianism and discrimination.

"We are working with the police to identify any season ticket holders.

"As a club, we are proud of our Everyone Anyone campaign, led through the Rangers Charity Foundation, our work with a wide range of stakeholders and our on-going dialogue with the Scottish Government.

Discrimination of all forms is a societal issue within Scotland.

"Those with influence within Scottish discourse should put their energy into eradicating this very serious issue across all sections of Scottish society who suffer sectarianism, discrimination and racism of any form."

If you genuinely believe rangers are doing enough or are not part of the problem then I cam only conclude you are extremely ignorant and you are definitely part of the problem.

59 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed. But, sadly, it won't happen. The way to deal with the issue is for OF clubs to issue lifetime bans to anyone caught displaying sectarianism. If the clubs are not willing to do that then begin docking points for each incident then the clubs will have to take notice. Remove the hardcore and show everyone sectarianism is not welcome.

This is exactly what needs to happen

Malcolm thinks rangers are doing enough though🤣

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

As I said you issue lifetime bans to those found guilty if sectarianism chants etc. If the clubs refuse then start docking points. The clubs will listen then.

Action like that works. Look at football hooliganism amongst England fans since passports wete removed from hooligans. It has improved massively but action is needed.