Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Absolutely the same for me. Can't understand anyone with any sanity that takes their kids into that type of toxic environment.

The way of life thing is spot on as well...I'm a motherwell fan, and I'd like to consider myself as pretty partizan  and 'dyed in the wool' but a few hours after the game finishes and I'm over it, win, lose or draw...these halfwits are so immersed in their hatred of each other that they boak at the thought of wearing a jacket that happens to be green or blue

Nobody on here is defending or excusing them but this is a Scotland forum and abuse of ALL Scotland players is to be condemned; I just think it was gratuitous at worst and mischievous at best to bring the McGinn incident into this forum. The offender at Chelsea was clearly off his nut. And the remark about Chelsea and Rangers fans being of the same ilk irrelevant. Many Rangers fans have Arsenal as their second team - there was a historic link between the clubs.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Celtic and rangers fans are equally bad.  Both have elements that are sectarian and glorify terrorism. Equally bad.  Other clubs are not without fault either.  Hearts fans sang in the past “oh the Hibees are gay” but no longer do.  I remember being at tynecastle when mark Walters was showered with bananas.  Thankfully most fans have managed to move on but some haven’t.

There are idiots in all support, it’s difficult to generalise any set of fans.

And on that sensible note, can we finish this thread?

45 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Nobody on here is defending or excusing them but this is a Scotland forum and abuse of ALL Scotland players is to be condemned; I just think it was gratuitous at worst and mischievous at best to bring the McGinn incident into this forum. The offender at Chelsea was clearly off his nut. And the remark about Chelsea and Rangers fans being of the same ilk irrelevant. Many Rangers fans have Arsenal as their second team - there was a historic link between the clubs.

Absolute nonsense, your trying to brush this under the carpet with classic whataboutery. I am sure all forms of abuse aimed at scottish players would be condemned on here, you and one other poster made this about rangers, nobody else

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolute nonsense, your trying to brush this under the carpet with classic whataboutery. I am sure all forms of abuse aimed at scottish players would be condemned on here, you and one other poster made this about rangers, nobody else

Whoa! I didn't make this about Rangers, the original poster did. You highlighted the comment I made and then accused me of whataboutery which I had already discredited! Let it rest now please.

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Anybody watch hickey last night. I am hoping he played well so he can get more gametime. Great experience for a 19 year old to be playing serie a. Our left back options look seriously strong for the next 10 years. 

I think what we are seeing at left back, and possibly now right back as well, is indicative of what is to come for the national team. We are seeing the fruits of the labour from the performance schools and a change in cultural attitude. I don't think it'll be too long before we notice that we have 3 or 4 great options in multiple positions all over the pitch.

Doig, Ramsey, Montgomery and Patterson all came from the SFA performance schools. Then you have the likes of Hickey, Tierney, Gauld, all benefitting from the earlier work done by Celtic and Dundee Utd that was similar to the performance schools.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Whoa! I didn't make this about Rangers, the original poster did. You highlighted the comment I made and then accused me of whataboutery which I had already discredited! Let it rest now please.

You did make it about rangers, as did proudscot. The original post highlighted sectarian abuse aimed at one of our players. You then went on a whataboutery crusade😂

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

You did make it about rangers, as did proudscot. The original post highlighted sectarian abuse aimed at one of our players. You then went on a whataboutery crusade😂

You having a laugh? 

Squirrelhumper referenced his comment about Rangers I said it was pathetic he made the comment about Rangers 🤣

How is that me making it about Rangers 😂😂

Edited by ProudScot

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

So a Scottish voice screaming 'ya fenian...' and 'We are the peeeepul' 

Squirrelhumper isnae much of a mathematician but I can see how he got 4 from 2+2 here.

Horrible, horrible people.

Sectarian abuse is not okay but who knows who they are.

Totally subjective.

The club agenda on here is laughable at times. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Totally subjective.

your paranoia is even more laughable, there is not club agenda at all

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Totally subjective.

as has been said, the fool can be heard screaming Fenian bastard and WATP. I doubt he is a ross county fan

Personally I come on this section to see how players are performing or possible breakthroughs as per title players in action, cannot actually see a mention of Mcginns performance just a load about sectarianism, it annoys me when people bring this up or when they moan about English eligible players, maybe just some positivity or create another section. 

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I think what we are seeing at left back, and possibly now right back as well, is indicative of what is to come for the national team. We are seeing the fruits of the labour from the performance schools and a change in cultural attitude. I don't think it'll be too long before we notice that we have 3 or 4 great options in multiple positions all over the pitch.

Doig, Ramsey, Montgomery and Patterson all came from the SFA performance schools. Then you have the likes of Hickey, Tierney, Gauld, all benefitting from the earlier work done by Celtic and Dundee Utd that was similar to the performance schools.

Lol your very optimistic about the national teams future. It does look a bit brighter these days but it can all go tits up if the past is anything to go by. 

7 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Personally I come on this section to see how players are performing or possible breakthroughs as per title players in action, cannot actually see a mention of Mcginns performance just a load about sectarianism, it annoys me when people bring this up or when they moan about English eligible players, maybe just some positivity or create another section. 

No, it needs calling out and condemned. This “nothing to see here” attitude is why we’re still discussing shite like this in 2021. Arseholes need to be universally seen as arseholes and not just laughed off as banter merchants. “What are they like, eh?” Too many people IN football and the media laugh it off. It’s time for all fans to condemn the shite. And it is shite.

21 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol your very optimistic about the national teams future. It does look a bit brighter these days but it can all go tits up if the past is anything to go by. 

Haha yeah, I don't expect us to be producing Billy Gilmours in every position, but I do think we'll be increasing the size of our already growing pool of talent.

As long as we don't abandon the new philosophy, we'll maintain at least a decent standard for the foreseeable. Hopefully this is the end of 3 nil humpings by the likes of Kazakhstan.

59 minutes ago, duncan II said:

No, it needs calling out and condemned. This “nothing to see here” attitude is why we’re still discussing shite like this in 2021. Arseholes need to be universally seen as arseholes and not just laughed off as banter merchants. “What are they like, eh?” Too many people IN football and the media laugh it off. It’s time for all fans to condemn the shite. And it is shite.

Absolutely this

Ignoring the issue is why its still hanging around

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Exactly. Ridiculous it’s even been posted tbh.

18 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Bigoted Rangers cunts...say it what it is 

Many Rangers fans are spot on.

Its a shame sectarianism exists and this abuse is unacceptable.

To say Rangers fans are all bigots is like saying all Aberdeen fans shag sheep.

Only some of them are/do those things 🤣

Edited by ProudScot