Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

According to the Sun. Hardly a reliable witness. There's vile banter at all football grounds.

If you think thats in any way "banter" then I dispair. Banter is stuff like mocking a team for being shite, not mocking a player based solely on his religion. 

I've certainly not heard "banter" like that from anyone near me in 30 of years of watching domestic football home and away.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you think thats in any way "banter" then I dispair. Banter is stuff like mocking a team for being shite, not mocking a player based solely on his religion. 

I've certainly not heard "banter" like that from anyone near me in 30 of years of watching domestic football home and away.

Hope the posters above acknowledge their comments were misjudged, especially following the video evidence. It is a fact that large parts of both the Rangers and Chelsea support are vile bigoted arseholes. Continually seeing the calling out of this as being simply a dig at Rangers is just head in the sand stuff. Believe it or not, there’s decent people who really want to see an end to this stuff, regardless of what institutions this may upset. And, worse, to say it’s in any way ‘banter’ is acknowledging its existence but accepting its existence.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nothing to so with a dig at Rangers. its statement of fact. Both clubs share large elements who support both sides.

And it's not according to the sun.

Pretty sad the apologists for bigotry. No wonder the country is riddled with this shite.

Sounded like a Scottish accent, no? Regardless, disgusting.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ok the word 'banter' was definitely the wrong choice of word, but I was just dismayed that you would choose to bring this up on a Scotland forum. Without wishing to engage in whataboutery, I would hope that you would be equally assiduous in condemning some of the bile that emanates from Celtic Park which never seems to exact condemnation from the guardians of the law (songs which use the offensive word 'Huns' or wish players would die from a bullet from the IRA and so on..).

As it was, it is for Chelsea FC to deal with. At least Rangers FC have acted swiftly in banning some of their followers and even assisting police in prosecutions.

Edited by Third Lanark

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Celtic could quickly be the same, playing a couple a couple of token Scots now and again

I know there weren't many Scots playing for Celtic at the weekend, but I don't think that'll be the norm. McGregor and Turnbull will be ever presents this season guaranteed. I'd be surprised if Forrest, Taylor, Ralston and Welsh didn't also rack up 25-35 starts each as well. 

Then you have the likes of Adam Montgomery getting rave reviews. Him and Mikey Johnstone will get plenty of minutes.

Where as it looks like Rangers will only use Patterson and McLaughlin very sparingly. Anyone else likely to see any real game time? Jack when he's fit hopefully.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Ok the word 'banter' was definitely the wrong choice of word, but I was just dismayed that you would choose to bring this up on a Scotland forum. Without wishing to engage in whataboutery, I would hope that you would be equally assiduous in condemning some of the bile that emanates from Celtic Park which never seems to exact condemnation from the guardians of the law (songs which use the offensive word 'Huns' or wish players would die from a bullet from the IRA and so on..).

As it was, it is for Chelsea FC to deal with. At least Rangers FC have acted swiftly in banning some of their followers and even assisting police in prosecutions.

This is seriously embarrassing post. 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Tbf to Squirrelhumper, it was a Scotland player who was being abused, so it is topical.

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Offensive word 'Huns' 😂

Celtic and rangers fans are equally bad.  Both have elements that are sectarian and glorify terrorism. Equally bad.  Other clubs are not without fault either.  Hearts fans sang in the past “oh the Hibees are gay” but no longer do.  I remember being at tynecastle when mark Walters was showered with bananas.  Thankfully most fans have managed to move on but some haven’t.

There are idiots in all support, it’s difficult to generalise any set of fans.

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Solid performance from Hickey in a 1-0 win. Former Scotland youth international Luis Binks was named on the bench but didn't come on.

I'd forgotten he'd gone there.  He's a centre-half, isn't he?  Could be worth keeping an eye out for.

39 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Celtic and rangers fans are equally bad.  Both have elements that are sectarian and glorify terrorism. Equally bad.  Other clubs are not without fault either.  Hearts fans sang in the past “oh the Hibees are gay” but no longer do.  I remember being at tynecastle when mark Walters was showered with bananas.  Thankfully most fans have managed to move on but some haven’t.

There are idiots in all support, it’s difficult to generalise any set of fans.

I oscillate almost daily between which one of Celtic and Rangers I detest the most.  All fanbases have their share of fuds, that's true, but the fuds in the OF support turn their fuddery into a way of life.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nothing to so with a dig at Rangers. its statement of fact. Both clubs share large elements who support both sides.

And it's not according to the sun.

Pretty sad the apologists for bigotry. No wonder the country is riddled with this shite.

Who says they are Rangers fans? Pathetic dig at Rangers that. 

13 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Whataboutery

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

I'd forgotten he'd gone there.  He's a centre-half, isn't he?  Could be worth keeping an eye out for.

I oscillate almost daily between which one of Celtic and Rangers I detest the most.  All fanbases have their share of fuds, that's true, but the fuds in the OF support turn their fuddery into a way of life.

Absolutely the same for me. Can't understand anyone with any sanity that takes their kids into that type of toxic environment.

The way of life thing is spot on as well...I'm a motherwell fan, and I'd like to consider myself as pretty partizan  and 'dyed in the wool' but a few hours after the game finishes and I'm over it, win, lose or draw...these halfwits are so immersed in their hatred of each other that they boak at the thought of wearing a jacket that happens to be green or blue