Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

Don’t see it with doig myself.  Looks decent going forward, but a question for me defencively.  Badly beaten in the air at the back post in that cup game against st Johnstone for example.  Couple of million would be the most I’d pay.  

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Don’t see it with doig myself.  Looks decent going forward, but a question for me defencively.  Badly beaten in the air at the back post in that cup game against st Johnstone for example.  Couple of million would be the most I’d pay.  

Yeah I can’t see the 5M fee myself. If that’s the case then what is the best player in Scotland worth which is probably Ryan Kent - 25M!? Sounds mental but players like that are miles ahead of Doig. 

He's a very raw but theres average players going for fortunes down south so I think it's fair that hibs hold out for a decent fee. 3/4m would be fair imo. 5m is quite alot and I can't see them getting that. 

2 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I’m aware it’s the football manager view of transfer fees, but I’m all about the sell-on clause. We have to be realistic about the fees Scottish players will attract, but also smart about the fees they will attract even if only moderately successful in England. Someone like Doig might move for £20m+ if he has a good season or two down there. Hibs should be looking to double their money from that.

Yeh the sell on clause is important these days. John McGinn for example could of probably only ever attracted a bid of 5m at most when he was at hibs. Couple of good seasons in the championship and epl and he's now worth 30/40m. 

Hibs would be best selling for 2m with a 20percent sell on clause rather than get 4/5m upfront but with no sell on clause imo. 

6 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Patterson on the bench for Rangers. No point jumping to conclusions on day 1 of the season, but still disappointing to see he isn't getting a start.

With the captain also a right back it will be pretty difficult for him to get into the team. 

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

With the captain also a right back it will be pretty difficult for him to get into the team. 

Yeah, not exactly unexpected, but I'm a greedy Scotland fan that wants him to start every week 😋

I hope this isn't the return of what it was like in the early 2000s with the old firm, where you'd have a maximum of 2 Scots in the first 11. I know Celtic are still playing plenty of Scots at the moment, but with the myriad signings they are making, I'm a bit concerned.

13 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Patterson on the bench for Rangers. No point jumping to conclusions on day 1 of the season, but still disappointing to see he isn't getting a start.

Very disappointing to be honest. And also Stephen Kelly couldn’t have done more preseason yet doesn’t even make the bench.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeah, not exactly unexpected, but I'm a greedy Scotland fan that wants him to start every week 😋

I hope this isn't the return of what it was like in the early 2000s with the old firm, where you'd have a maximum of 2 Scots in the first 11. I know Celtic are still playing plenty of Scots at the moment, but with the myriad signings they are making, I'm a bit concerned.

I suspected Patterson wouldn't see much game time, time will tell but I'll be pleasantly shocked if he gets more than 15 starts this season. 

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I suspected Patterson wouldn't see much game time, time will tell but I'll be pleasantly shocked if he gets more than 15 starts this season. 

He will get more than 15 starts. Would be no surprise if he started in the champs league midweek. 

Wright goal, MOM & overall performance a huge positive too. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

He will get more than 15 starts. Would be no surprise if he started in the champs league midweek. 

Wright goal, MOM & overall performance a huge positive too. 

I really hope Tavernier gets sold. 2 assists today. So not likely he'll be getting benched on a regular basis.

Great sign. I see Wright as a long term replacement for Forrest. I know Clarke doesn't tend to play wingers but if he does, or a future manager does, Wright may have a place, in the squad at least.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Settle, Wright has played one game against Livingston who weren't anything like up for that match today

To be fair, Wright has impressed in most games he's featured for Rangers. It's up to Gerrard to start playing him regularly. As with Patterson, I won't be holding my breath.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Why do we think Patterson must play every game? The fewer games he plays the less chance of an injury. He'll get plenty opportunity. In other news John Soutar back and playing in a back three.

And scoring the winning goal. He had a great all round game as well. 

Fair enough and its a bit harsh to judge him after a game…needs to up it to stay in contention i think.

My worry is that Turnbull doesn't 1. Have the tenacity to fit into Postecoglou's system and 2. There are no strikers at Celtic good enough for him to assist.

His chance creation stats from last season prove he is one of the most creative players Scotland has, but his teammates couldn't score them.