England - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

On 7/16/2021 at 10:41 PM, Texas Pete said:

Between drunken Scotland fans. Mass brawl may be a slight exaggeration but there was a fight in the stadium with around 20 people involved. I had a good view of it. 

Fair enough - didn’t remember hearing about it despite being in the Scottish end at that game , TBH i wouldn’t rush  back to Glasgow as an Ireland fan ’ 

Edited by Newryrep

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Newryrep said:

Fair enough - didn’t remember hearing about it despite being in the Scottish end at that game , TBH i wouldn’t rush  to Glasgow as an Ireland fan ’ 

It’s quite a big stadium and the “Scottish end” was at least 3 quarters of the stadium. 

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s quite a big stadium and the “Scottish end” was at least 3 quarters of the stadium. 

The ‘Scottish’ End was 90% of the ground bar the away bit in the corner which was full of let’s just say not away regulars 

I was saying that I didn’t recall this brawl discussed here ( TAMB) nor YBIG  though others were 

7 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

The ‘Scottish’ End was 90% of the ground bar the away bit in the corner which was full of let’s just say not away regulars 

I was saying that I didn’t recall this brawl discussed here ( TAMB) nor YBIG  though others were 

I don’t think it has been discussed on here. It was hardly on the scale of what was seen at Wembley in the last few weeks but some people would have you believe that Scotland fans (or Scottish football supporters in general except Rangers fans) can do no wrong which is absolute nonsense.

I’ve seen my fair share of drunken bawbaggery from Scotland supporters over the years although the English do take it to a different level.

2 hours ago, Newryrep said:

Fair enough - didn’t remember hearing about it despite being in the Scottish end at that game , TBH i wouldn’t rush  back to Glasgow as an Ireland fan ’ 

We were at that game at Parkhead in 2016 : surrounded by Ireland fans in home end.
Went bananas when Malloney scored (he went to my high school so one of my favorite Scotland goals).
No bother at all between fans - just some understandable cheeky comments from Irish fans asking why we didn't vote for independence 😂

15 hours ago, Newryrep said:

Must admit, it is news to me too, which is surprising, considering the media in Scotland are usually like shit off a shovel when it comes to concocting a story that makes the country look bad.

I remember a fair few drunken bampots kicking around before and after the game but not drastically more than you'd usually find after a Scotland game, or indeed Glasgow on a Friday night.

The only excessive roughness I can remember took place on the pitch, but that's to be expected when one of the teams is managed by Martin O'Neill. 😁

12 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

We were at that game at Parkhead in 2016 : surrounded by Ireland fans in home end.
Went bananas when Malloney scored (he went to my high school so one of my favorite Scotland goals).
No bother at all between fans - just some understandable cheeky comments from Irish fans asking why we didn't vote for independence 😂

Fair comment. 😭