GaryWood34

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

After what happened with ticketless fans last night, wonder what ramifications they're will be. Could that hurt the UK/Ireland WC bid?

100% should. Absolutely disgusting scenes at and away from the stadium. 5 mile radius lockdown for bars and restaurants after the match. Grim.

11 hours ago, exile said:

Tough one to take for the England players and their true fans.

Less sympathy for various media luvvie type Scots who so quickly forgot Scotland to be seduced by the England bandwagon, so vocally cheerleading for them, and more or less telling the rest of us off for not doing the same. 

At least real England fans are hurting for their own country.

Took one of my mates to task for this. Pointed out it’s generally people who have a passing interest, or are casual fans, or swept up in the national fervour who say we should be supporting them. If you speak to football fans down south, guys who go regularly to games, travel to away matches, have season tickets, they wouldn’t expect us to support them. Because they understand that sport, but particularly football, is built on rivalry and competition. If it wasn’t for that deeply embedded rivalry, football wouldn’t generate the atmosphere it does, the passion at a national level wouldn’t be there - and ironically those people who tell us we should be supporting them wouldn’t be interested because it wouldn’t be such a huge thing. When you’re invested in supporting a team, you can’t just put a rivalry aside for a few hours. That doesn’t make people who are invested better supporters or anything like that, but unless you’ve been involved like that, I don’t think you truly understand why people can’t just put it aside. 

Edited by biffer

Less sympathy for various media luvvie type Scots who so quickly forgot Scotland to be seduced by the England bandwagon, so vocally cheerleading for them, and more or less telling the rest of us off for not doing the same. 

This guy is an embarrassment and has no football awareness whatsoever . Has the bloody cheek to criticise Scotland fans for booing GSTQ when England fans have booed almost every national anthem of the tournament. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/euro-2020-why-its-time-for-scotland-fans-to-ditch-anyone-but-england-for-good-brian-monteith-3303970%3famp

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This guy is an embarrassment and has no football awareness whatsoever . Has the bloody cheek to criticise Scotland fans for booing GSTQ when England fans have booed almost every national anthem of the tournament. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/euro-2020-why-its-time-for-scotland-fans-to-ditch-anyone-but-england-for-good-brian-monteith-3303970%3famp

He says I'm a bigot for wanting our biggest footballing rivals to lose every game they play. Is he Rolling Hills? 😂

Sad creatures; most probably just trying to ingratiate themselves into a gig in London.

18 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He says I'm a bigot for wanting our biggest footballing rivals to lose every game they play. Is he Rolling Hills? 😂

Can't be bothered reading it but is that not Brian Monteith the former Tory MSP? I mean, really, who cares what he thinks?

41 minutes ago, biffer said:

Took one of my mates to task for this. Pointed out it’s generally people who have a passing interest, or are casual fans, or swept up in the national fervour who say we should be supporting them. If you speak to football fans down south, guys who go regularly to games, travel to away matches, have season tickets, they wouldn’t expect us to support them. Because they understand that sport, but particularly football, is built on rivalry and competition. If it wasn’t for that deeply embedded rivalry, football wouldn’t generate the atmosphere it does, the passion at a national level wouldn’t be there - and ironically those people who tell us we should be supporting them wouldn’t be interested because it wouldn’t be such a huge thing. When you’re invested in supporting a team, you can’t just put a rivalry aside for a few hours. That doesn’t make people who are invested better supporters or anything like that, but unless you’ve been involved like that, I don’t think you truly understand why people can’t just put it aside. 

Possibly the worst thing about international football is when people who have no interest in the actual sport of football piggyback onto it to try and push their own - usually political - agendas.

4 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Can't be bothered reading it but is that not Brian Monteith the former Tory MSP? I mean, really, who cares what he thinks?

It's no great shock to see the likes of him jumping on the bandwagon, but when you see people like Janey Godley and Pat Kane doing it too it's a bit more surprising.

2 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

100% should. Absolutely disgusting scenes at and away from the stadium. 5 mile radius lockdown for bars and restaurants after the match. Grim.

As soon as the police etc let tens of thousands of drunk ticketless fans get that close to Wembley then that sort of thing was always going to happen. Policing looked non existent. 

ISIS would have had a field day. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I'll continue to boo any anthem that has verses, admittedly not sung at the football, that talks about crushing scots. 

About time England got their own anthem, GSTQ isn't an english song, it shouldn't be used as one. 

I suspect they might ditch it when they have to start singing about a jug eared gimp.

50 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

What an absolute fkin idiot. "Childish?" Well there are things swimming round jars in sperm banks more grown up than me.

GIRFU them. I like them out as early as possible but there was something extra sweet about their getting that far only to see it end in abject disappointment. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As soon as the police etc let tens of thousands of drunk ticketless fans get that close to Wembley then that sort of thing was always going to happen. Policing looked non existent. 

ISIS would have had a field day. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57803366
Starting to be reported widely now. We're lucky we didn't get another Hillsborough situation.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Possibly the worst thing about international football is when people who have no interest in the actual sport of football piggyback onto it to try and push their own - usually political - agendas.

Exhibit A.....

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Probably, he is everywhere else.

Kate wasn’t looking so happy at the end. Should have bailed out after the tennis.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

It's no great shock to see the likes of him jumping on the bandwagon, but when you see people like Janey Godley and Pat Kane doing it too it's a bit more surprising.

I have no problem with folk who dont feel strongly enough about football rivalry to show some sort of support. However these  people rarely show support for their political rivals so it total hypocrisy to be telling others to support their sporting rivals just because they dont share the same passion for it. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll continue to boo any anthem that has verses, admittedly not sung at the football, that talks about crushing scots. 

Quite right. 

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

What an absolute fkin idiot. "Childish?" Well there are things swimming round jars in sperm banks more grown up than me.

GIRFU them. I like them out as early as possible but there was something extra sweet about their getting that far only to see it end in abject disappointment. :lol: 

😂😂

I didnt watch it as I feared the worst. Probably should have though , my blood pressure was through the roof ordering a birthday card on Moonpig  and constantly being encouraged to type COMEONENGLAND to get 20% off. Fuck off. I would rather pay double than type that to get a wee discount  😁

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Quite right. 

😂😂

I didnt watch it as I feared the worst. Probably should have though , my blood pressure was through the roof ordering a birthday card on Moonpig  and constantly being encouraged to type COMEONENGLAND to get 20% off. Fuck off. I would rather pay double than type that to get a wee discount  😁

I live in England. Do Tesco in Scotland sell Scotland t-shirts as well as England ones? Because down here you only see England ones.