GaryWood34

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Please for Italy and the degrading by Mancini, best team of the tournament.  

what is wrong with autocorrect? Not sure what I originally wrote but it wasn't 'degrading'. Oh I remember,  'rebranding ' of Italian football. 

Tough one to take for the England players and their true fans.

Less sympathy for various media luvvie type Scots who so quickly forgot Scotland to be seduced by the England bandwagon, so vocally cheerleading for them, and more or less telling the rest of us off for not doing the same. 

At least real England fans are hurting for their own country.

4 minutes ago, exile said:

Tough one to take for the England players and their true fans.

Less sympathy for various media luvvie type Scots who so quickly forgot Scotland to be seduced by the England bandwagon, so vocally cheerleading for them, and more or less telling the rest of us off for not doing the same. 

At least real England fans are hurting for their own country.

100% agree

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

We're certainly better at penalties than them (and Italy too for that matter).

Scotland have never missed a penalty shootout kick. And we have won the same amount of Euros as England.

J

is our obsession with england holding us back ; and i just dont mean recently ....

although that 0-0 felt like a wc final win

but even the scenes from west end london were like a modern day version of wembley invasion ; getting a bit sick of the happy clown vibe

oh well ; at least we have the return of the thumb .....

As much as I enjoyed the outcome as much for the GIRFUY to the commentators and pundits, I guess you have to say well done to them getting that far and it's something we're resigned to only dreaming of unless something unfathomably drastic changes.  Not sure they'd have made the final going down Italy's route of knockout games though.

Still, we kept them at bay in their own back garden and were well worth at least the point.  Denmark, Iceland, Wales, Greece, Croatia and others will always be examples of size/population not necessarily being the factor that prevents success but we possibly have to learn something or change something if we don't want another 23 years in the wilderness.  I realise I've derailed the thread a little bit there but hey ho .

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

was that one with Italian fans get beaten up at stadiium ? 

The bearings in the stadium video was England fans with tickets administering slaps to those England fans without tickets who stormed the gates.

They were smacking their own fans.

J

6 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

is our obsession with england holding us back ; and i just dont mean recently ....

although that 0-0 felt like a wc final win

but even the scenes from west end london were like a modern day version of wembley invasion ; getting a bit sick of the happy clown vibe

oh well ; at least we have the return of the thumb .....

Have a day off. I know you're hurting but just let us laugh at them. Everyone else is except cunts looking for staunch points.