England - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

16 minutes ago, darkbluegas said:

Just wondering what everyone watches on Tv this evening. On such occasions me and the dog have gone out for a good walk but it’s it’s very hard to ignore living down south.

Was just going to ask a similar question. Is your strategy to:

1. Ignore the fact the match is on at all, it's nothing to do with us.

2. Watch every gory moment, kick every ball, till the last gasp.

3. Feign indifference while listening for cheers/ checking for updates for 90+ minutes.

4. See how hopeful things are going and if things looking grim, switch to strategyy 1 or 3.

5. Follow the TAMB and look out for "Yasssss" or "FFS". :lol:

Edited by exile

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, exile said:

3. Feign indifference while listening for cheers/ checking for updates for 90+ minutes.

4. See how hopeful things are going and if things looking grim, switch to strategyy 1 or 3.

No 5 for sure. And I'll watch with the sound turned off.

1 hour ago, exile said:

Sat in the kitchen for the start of the Denmark game digging out old photos for an album am making my daughter for her 30th. Told my husband to only let me know if Denmark were ahead. Heard a roar and started finishing  up with the album. Went into the living room and the minute my arse was on the couch England scored. 
So its option 1 for me. With an occasional glance at 5.  

Was in hospital doon here in the week so the nurse comes round at checks your blood pressure every so often so on Wednesday was watching the game in my wee room blood pressure was ok then when they scored just after that the nurse comes to check my blood pressure and it was way higher as for tonight’s game I’ll be watching in the comfort of my home put £20 on Italy to win 1-0 in 90 minutes 6/1 

I'll be watching - as much because I've fancied Italy from the start and have enjoyed all their games. I hope Italy are as near full strength as possible, not just because I wan't them to win, but if England do manage to beat them, then I wan't it to at least be a deserved win against a good side.

I reallly don't think Engalnd have much of a hope against Italy, but they are in the game so who knows what can happen - but, please no last minute wins from dodgy penalties.

I actually have high hopes it might be a good game to watch as a "neutral" - just need to keep the comentary off.

I'll probably definitely watch at least part of the second half live, as I'd do if it was France Croatia or Italy Denmark. Will likely have a peek at the score halfway through the first half too..

Please for Italy and the degrading by Mancini, best team of the tournament.  England had a few breaks to get to the final but make no mistake they have a good crop of players and will feel they c an build on this. At the end of the day we need to get a lot closer to them, although we did prove against England that for odd games we can do it.