England - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

Commentator admits they might have been 'lucky' as if blessed by some random stroke of fortune. But it was a deliberately calculated cheat! The whole stadium could see it. He'd tried it at least twice before. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suppose it'll sound like soor grapes but how in the name of fck is THAT a penalty? Kane should've been booked for his earlier dive in the box anaw. Never realised just how much of a cheating cnt that Kane is. Summariser Lee Dixon: "I don't care."

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Final should be quite an even game with divers all over the park, all the officials should throw away their whistles & flags & get numbered cards for scoring the dives 🤬

Except Italy are better footballers who should not need to resport to that.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I can only hope the Italians show them how it's really done. Though with the luck England have had I don't know.

They're a lucky team, no doubt about it.

Sterling is a loathsome diving wee runt, but he's some athlete. Looked like he could have played for another half hour.

England have had some poor decisions against them in the past, think of the blessed Maradonna and the hand of god. No problem if they felt roughly done by cheating but I don't see any of their press or other media calling out their own team for cheating and not the usual euphamisms. And it's not just Sterling; Grealish and Kane are always looking to do their best Tom Daley impressions. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol did you watch the game tonight? Imagine what the Danish must think after watching our games. We will be lucky not to get thumped in Denmark. 

Yeah I liked Denmark. A lot of their players just tired towards the end, some limped off. Doubt they’ll be doing that against us. 

18 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

England have had some poor decisions against them in the past, think of the blessed Maradonna and the hand of god. No problem if they felt roughly done by cheating but I don't see any of their press or other media calling out their own team for cheating and not the usual euphamisms. And it's not just Sterling; Grealish and Kane are always looking to do their best Tom Daley impressions. 

Sterling cheat tonight was equivalent to Maradona 

Cynical and horrible- it’s pretty obvious one of their tactics is to fall on their arse 30 yards from goal so they can chuck a set piece in and cheat for penos. It’s not a one off and this is a chosen tactic.

Maguire is like a pound shop Pepe too the amount of times he went up for a header and claimed a free kick off Braithwaite. 

They were the better side after 70 minutes but they can’t moan about Johnny Foreigners anymore. Out the Argentine and Uruguay play book some of that.

Hope the Italians beat them - got a trip to Alton Towers and will defo buy a photo of me on the Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita, etc resplendent in my toga with my bollocks painted red, white and green flapping magnificently everywhere in ultra high definition 

8 minutes ago, Nobby said:

As if by magic 🤣😉. Don’t get me wrong that was a ridiculous decision. But I’ll take it, and I don’t really care 😉

So you don’t feel any shame admitting you’re team cheated to win the game, you would of be crying into your pint of warm bitter if the Danes had continuously dived, morals of a sewer rat just like Kane, Sterling & Grealish. The saddest thing is it looked like it was all part of their teams tactics & that’s cheating on an horrendous level. 

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

So you don’t feel any shame admitting you’re team cheated to win the game, you would of be crying into your pint of warm bitter if the Danes had continuously dived, morals of a sewer rat just like Kane, Sterling & Grealish. The saddest thing is it looked like it was all part of their teams tactics & that’s cheating on an horrendous level. 

Nope not in the slightest 😘 Italy will probably get one on Sunday and if they do I’ll moan about it for 5 minutes and move on. It happens every week and if you got one against us in the group game, most on here would be laughing their arses off. Whether you like it or not there was contact and Sterling went down. It was a ridiculously soft penalty granted. But like I said if it goes your way, you take it. When I see Scotland refuse a soft penalty in a knockout game I’ll cede you the moral high ground 😉

15 minutes ago, Nobby said:

Nope not in the slightest 😘 Italy will probably get one on Sunday and if they do I’ll moan about it for 5 minutes and move on. It happens every week and if you got one against us in the group game, most on here would be laughing their arses off. Whether you like it or not there was contact and Sterling went down. It was a ridiculously soft penalty granted. But like I said if it goes your way, you take it. When I see Scotland refuse a soft penalty in a knockout game I’ll cede you the moral high ground 😉

But doesn’t it rather make the whole game pointless. What’s the point of investing time and emotion in something that has no ethical validity.

Would you be so sanguine if someone nicked your wallet because you were daft enough to leave it hanging out your back pocket.

How the hell do we educate the next generation when such deception is accepted