England - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

12 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Yes we're keeping well thanks & hope you are too. Good to be getting out a bit again. I just got my first ticket to see Town in 16 months...Southport away in a friendly. Sod England; I can't waitfor this one!

Brilliant. Enjoy the day. It will mean even more after all this time stuck inside . 

Talking of which , that chess set I got has never been opened.  Will save it for retirement 🙂

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Talking of which , that chess set I got has never been opened.  Will save it for retirement 🙂

Watch the queens gambit a lot of its set in Russia , it'll get you in the mood (desperate attempt to get thread of topic) 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 7/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Toepoke said:

Several things have fallen in England's favour here.

1. Because they qualified before Scotland they were given 3 games at Wembley in the group.

2. Their game with Germany should have been played in Dublin, but was moved to Wembley when the Irish gave up hosting for Covid reasons.

3. Last night's match in Rome should've been England v Spain if the groups had gone to seeding, but Sweden's last minute winner over Poland won them the group instead. 

4. Again if games had gone to seeding they would've played another group winner, the Netherlands in the semi.

5. The semis and final were supposed to be played in Brussels, but delays in the construction of the Eurostadium meant UEFA took the decision to move those matches to Wembley a couple of years back.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:43 AM, exile said:

Thanks, that explains a lot.

And yes I know, you can only play the team in front of you, and yes you can't help if Spain underperformed in the group stage so didn't win their group. It's just the luck of the draw. But still, the luck has run in their favour.

(on point 5, is that a symbol of agile Blighty beating lumbering Brussels? :ph34r:)

On further research #5 was wrong, Brussels pulling out meant Wembley was awarded the group stage games, it was always going to be the venue for the semis and final...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_bids

I didn't realise/ had forgotten that Hampden only beat Cardiff to selection by one vote. In hindsight it might've been better if we'd lost that the way things turned out 😕

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

On further research #5 was wrong, Brussels pulling out meant Wembley was awarded the group stage games, it was always going to be the venue for the semis and final...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_bids

I didn't realise/ had forgotten that Hampden only beat Cardiff to selection by one vote. In hindsight it might've been better if we'd lost that the way things turned out 😕

Our best 'must get a result' games recently were 'won' with no fans!

Not ashamed to admit, I am absolutely fucking dreading them winning it. Southgate and his squad are a likeable lot, but the English media, pundits and a healthy number of fans are quite the opposite. 

Maybe when we can watch a game without having to see Lineker and a collection of morons chugging themselves into oblivion, I will change my mind. 

Souness, Keane and Alex Scott aside, most of the pundits are fucking useless, and I include Faddy and Charlie Adam in that.

47 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

England/Denmark will struggle to beat either of tonight's teams. High placed, highly skilled sides.

Great game this :ok:

Was just thinking, both skilled, but Italy seem to have a bit more steel, a bit more grit, that they might need in the final. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

England/Denmark will struggle to beat either of tonight's teams. High placed, highly skilled sides.

Great game this :ok:

There's a guy on the telly who would disagree with you.😆😆

His name is Rio, and he spouts a load o pish.    

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do they still do drug tests after these games? The work rate from both teams was bordering on the unbelievable.

Should be drug testing that moron Ferdinand, England couldn’t have lived with either of tonight’s teams but sadly it’s not always the best team that lifts the trophy, hopefully Denmark can do football a favour tomorrow night 🙏🙏🙏

Oh aye, the fuckin Englishman "Nobby" calls me a bigot??? Fuck off ya twat. Today's comments and events from the Engerlish media just added to it. The whole world can see what ignorant , cocky, arrogant bastards you lot are. I've known it for years.  I may get my final ban for my comments, well it well be well worth it from this Scotsman. Get to fuck England!!!!!!! 🖕🖕🖕🖕.. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh aye, the fuckin Englishman "Nobby" calls me a bigot??? Fuck off ya twat. Today's comments and events from the Engerlish media just added to it. The whole world can see what ignorant , cocky, arrogant bastards you lot are. I've known it for years.  I may get my final ban for my comments, well it well be well worth it from this Scotsman. Get to fuck England!!!!!!! 🖕🖕🖕🖕.. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Not only are you a bigot but you’re not very bright. You’re calling me a “cocky arrogant bastard”  because of what the gutter press of the English media say ? Its a bit like me calling you a sectarian bigot because you support Celtic. I’m not by the way 😉

I don’t think you are because I’ve seen no evidence of it and I’m not a moron. I get you don’t support England and want us to lose the feeling is mutual. That doesn’t stop people having a reasonable conversation. 
let’s hope you wake up tomorrow with the screaming hump and your English friends are looking forward to the final 😘

P.s genuinely hope you don’t get a ban. I personally took no great offence 

Edited by Nobby

4 hours ago, Nobby said:

Not only are you a bigot but you’re not very bright. You’re calling me a “cocky arrogant bastard”  because of what the gutter press of the English media say ? Its a bit like me calling you a sectarian bigot because you support Celtic. I’m not by the way 😉

I don’t think you are because I’ve seen no evidence of it and I’m not a moron. I get you don’t support England and want us to lose the feeling is mutual. That doesn’t stop people having a reasonable conversation. 
let’s hope you wake up tomorrow with the screaming hump and your English friends are looking forward to the final 😘

P.s genuinely hope you don’t get a ban. I personally took no great offence 

Fair play, still hope yees get humped..😉

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not just the English media, we have an elected first minister in Scotland sucking English arses

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not just the English media, we have an elected first minister in Scotland sucking English arses

What did you expect ? I suspect Sturgeon wants us to win about as much as Ramy. She’s a politician playing to the 50 or so percent of you that don’t want independence. If she came out in a Denmark shirt it would just be seen as anti English bias and petty minded. Like it or not non-football fans pay attention to tournaments as much as the die hard fans .