England - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 Well this thread has rapidly deteriorated.

Despite Ramy having a bit too much hatred for England I do find it strange that on a board for fans of the Scotland national team there are people who actually are happy for England to win. Definitely for the watchin those ones. 

I would suggest that these people are sensible well adjusted beings that can tolerate another nation winning a 90 minute football match. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Nobby said:

I would suggest that these people are sensible well adjusted beings that can tolerate another nation winning a 90 minute football match. 

Och away you go Nobby, the statement wasnt that you can tolerate it, it was that you want them to win.
I can tolerate it and I am perfectly balanced thank you, but I most certainly dont want England to win. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Och away you go Nobby, the statement wasnt that you can tolerate it, it was that you want them to win.
I can tolerate it and I am perfectly balanced thank you, but I most certainly dont want England to win. 

😂 fair enough, I likewise don’t want Scotland to win but should you win it doesn’t ruin my day 😉

1 minute ago, Nobby said:

😂 fair enough, I likewise don’t want Scotland to win but should you win it doesn’t ruin my day 😉

Thats more like it ! YOU are definetely not for the watchin, rivalry is healthy 😁

And it wont spoil my day either as I bask in Outer mongolia in 30 day isolation . It will not spoil my day at all. No sirree 😁

20 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Bit jealous tbh, they seem to genuinely try to improve, obviously they’ve more resources etc but a proper footballing nation. We really had no right being in the knockout stage. 

YeH, watching the knockout was a different level to us

12 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Wow.

Here was me thinking this thread was a 100% unification effort. 
appalled and disgusted in equal measure at the responses.

However each to their own and as I have my full name up here (oops) I won’t even engage.

see you in September to talk football again. 
That’s me away for a few months.

Eh? Start a controversial thread, make a controversial statement and then leave? What a big girls blouse🥴

1 minute ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Eh? Start a controversial thread, make a controversial statement and then leave? What a big girls blouse🥴

😂😂 

And here’s me concerned my beer goggle pin up thread might have the tendency to back fire. It is like Blue Peter compared to this. 

Anyone who wants to pass time waiting for England to be papped out by Denmark or Italy feel free to contribute on the Anything Goes section.

‘Anything Goes’  except threads about England that is . 

43 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Bit jealous tbh, they seem to genuinely try to improve, obviously they’ve more resources etc but a proper footballing nation. We really had no right being in the knockout stage. 

Neither did Ukraine, to be fair.

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Won 2 games and scored a couple against Holland. Better case than us. 

Aye, against North Macedonia and a 10 man Sweden side - in extra time!  We also scored twice against Holland not so long ago, albeit in a friendly.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not disputing that we'd have been massively out of our depth in the knockout stages of this tournament.

4 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Aye, against North Macedonia and a 10 man Sweden side - in extra time!  We also scored twice against Holland not so long ago, albeit in a friendly.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not disputing that we'd have been massively out of our depth in the knockout stages of this tournament.

Doesn’t really matter, they won 2 games and deserved to be in the QF based on the tournament structure etc 

We might have gotten out their group but who knows 

7 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

c’mon jobby, just goes to prove the Scots are more passionate than the nigels 😜

:lol:

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Doesn’t really matter, they won 2 games and deserved to be in the QF based on the tournament structure etc 

Ach, we'd have found some way to fuck it up. 🤦‍♂️

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

They definitely had an easier group. That is not up for debate. Did they have a key player ruled out in two of their three Group matches? I don't think so. We had Tierney out V Czech Republic and Gilmour out V Croatia.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

They definitely had an easier group. That is not up for debate. Did they have a key player ruled out in two of their three Group matches? I don't think so. We had Tierney out V Czech Republic and Gilmour out V Croatia.

It’s just excuses though at the end of the day. 

Ukraine regularly produce better players and have better outcomes as a result. 

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s just excuses though at the end of the day. 

Ukraine regularly produce better players and have better outcomes as a result. 

Okay so that tells me then that you think Tierney and Gilmour would have made no difference whatsoever to team set-up and improved the team? Here was me thinking they are widely seen as two of our highest rated players.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay so that tells me then that you think Tierney and Gilmour would have made no difference whatsoever to team set-up and improved the team? Here was me thinking they are widely seen as two of our highest rated players.

No they might have made a difference but they didn’t play and we lost. On another day we could have won, even with the same players, but also Stones scores that header and we get beat off england etc that’s football. 

Focusing on injured or unavailable players seems short sighted when the evidence suggests we just aren’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

No they might have made a difference but they didn’t play and we lost. On another day we could have won, even with the same players, but also Stones scores that header and we get beat off england etc that’s football. 

Focusing on injured or unavailable players seems short sighted when the evidence suggests we just aren’t good enough. 

Fair enough. 

Edited by Caledonian Craig

15 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I’ll console myself that if they do win this it’s taken England 60 years to win this tournament which for a football country such as their is a disgrace. 

What gets me is "All these years of hurt", like they're the only ones. Try supporting Scotland, then you know what hurt is really about!!!

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

They spent 20 years getting this right. We are probably still contemplaiting rolling out the ideas from Ernies think tank....

They've cracked diving practice 

Working a treat