England - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why even bother. Carry on then and enjoy your tea and crumpets ...🇬🇧

I'm actually a lifelong supporter of Scottish independence and live here, work here and will one day die here. How about you ?

You do know that the whole kilts, clan tartan, big feather bonnet, screeching bagpipes image of Scotland that you worship was invented in English country house drawing rooms by titled aristocratic ladies and fawning Scots Tories such as Walter Scott.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thank fuck true Scots are not anything like you.. What a disgraceful post....

On the contrary mate,  civilisation has moved on a tad where people bang each other over the head and swear at each other. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. So what if their pundits are diddys and are going over the top. They are getting carried away because they are winning and going through to the next round. Do you not think we would get carried away if we ever managed to qualify and get past the first round? If you want to have a go at anyone how about Steve Clarke for poor tournament management, and  the SFA for fecking things up for years with player development or Scottish governments since devolution for not sorting the drugs problem and getting young school kids off the streets and into youth teams. 

I've lived in England for over 30 years and no way would I support them but I don't walk around in a kilt with blue face paint shouting freedom and calling English friends c*nts. Thank Christ they haven't won anything so I can still get a laugh in when they get knocked out but there's always a chance they will do it. 

What would help is Scotland making a decent fist of it for a change. 

50 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

More importantly Ukraine have absolutely smashed them out the park on the fit female fan count. England’s all look like extras off The Bill trying not grass their other half in down Sun Hill. 

There is something about non UK female football fans...................

Wow.

Here was me thinking this thread was a 100% unification effort. 

appalled and disgusted in equal measure at the responses.

However each to their own and as I have my full name up here (oops) I won’t even engage.

see you in September to talk football again. 

That’s me away for a few months.

52 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why even bother. Carry on then and enjoy your tea and crumpets ...🇬🇧

From the guy in Canada who supports a team who sing songs of bombing the country that would have been on his passport.  

37 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm actually a lifelong supporter of Scottish independence and live here, work here and will one day die here. How about you ?

You do know that the whole kilts, clan tartan, big feather bonnet, screeching bagpipes image of Scotland that you worship was invented in English country house drawing rooms by titled aristocratic ladies and fawning Scots Tories such as Walter Scott.

The original kilt that highlanders wore wasn't invented by the English, the modern one was invented by an Englishman but the original was a long piece of cloth wrapped round the waist and slung over the shoulder. Also tartan wasn't invented by the English either. No one is really sure who invented it or where it came from. The original tartans that ppl in the Highlands wore would of been basic green and brown patterns. Obviously the whole thing was taken to another level by victorian Britain and lots of different and silly tartans started getting commissioned and every clan started adding different designs to their collections like hunting, dress etc.

Bagpipes is another item no one really knows who invented. Theories that the original inhabitants of Britain invented them have been suggested or that the Irish invented them. Other theories suggest the Romans introduced them to Britain. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

The original kilt that highlanders wore wasn't invented by the English, the modern one was invented by an Englishman but the original was a long piece of cloth wrapped round the waist and slung over the shoulder. Also tartan wasn't invented by the English either. No one is really sure who invented it or where it came from. The original tartans that ppl in the Highlands wore would of been basic green and brown patterns. Obviously the whole thing was taken to another level by victorian Britain and lots of different and silly tartans started getting commissioned and every clan started adding different designs to their collections like hunting, dress etc.

Bagpipes is another item no one really knows who invented. Theories that the original inhabitants of Britain invented them have been suggested or that the Irish invented them. Other theories suggest the Romans introduced them to Britain.

Read the post again

It's the revolting image of "Wha's like us", kilted, bagpipe playing highlanders in misty glens by lochsides that Ramy is so in love with that I am saying was invented by the Victorians. It's time we destroyed it and started again.

Ramy's whole image of Scotland was invented by the English whom he claims to hate and despise.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Read the post again

It's the revolting image of "Wha's like us", kilted, bagpipe playing highlanders in misty glens by lochsides that Ramy is so in love with that I am saying was invented by the Victorians. It's time we destroyed it and started again.

Ramy's whole image of Scotland was invented by the English whom he claims to hate and despise.

Eh you have me confused. I just pointed out that it wasn't invented by English victorians and now you are back telling me to re-read your post in which you say it was. 

Edited by mccaughey85

55 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

On the contrary mate,  civilisation has moved on a tad where people bang each other over the head and swear at each other. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. So what if their pundits are diddys and are going over the top. They are getting carried away because they are winning and going through to the next round. Do you not think we would get carried away if we ever managed to qualify and get past the first round? If you want to have a go at anyone how about Steve Clarke for poor tournament management, and  the SFA for fecking things up for years with player development or Scottish governments since devolution for not sorting the drugs problem and getting young school kids off the streets and into youth teams. 

I've lived in England for over 30 years and no way would I support them but I don't walk around in a kilt with blue face paint shouting freedom and calling English friends c*nts. Thank Christ they haven't won anything so I can still get a laugh in when they get knocked out but there's always a chance they will do it. 

What would help is Scotland making a decent fist of it for a change. 

Difference is, down there they wouldn't be getting how great we are rammed down their throats every time they turned their tellies on.

Agree with the rest though.

I didn't see the England match (well, bits of it before half time). 4-0 is an emphatic score, so they presumably desevred it.

But how jammy are they? How they managed to have a route to the final that involves all games but one at home (the most favoured team in the tournament); their first two knock-out matches are with teams who scraped through on 3 points (though Denmark are good); and never meeting another group winner till the final. How did that happen?

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Read the post again

Dear god. What a helmut..

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agree mate. I have good mates that are english, I dont hate them all, just aboot 98% of them.. They are pure arrogant and think their shite dissnae stink, fuck off. I am a very proud and passionate Scotsman, and am well educated in the history of my country and what they bastards did to us, I will never forget. Even my wee Mum tells me to let it go, but I cannot. I would gladly give my life for Scotland in a heartbeat, and respecting those bastards is something that will never happen with me.. Its my right, and I will change for no man.... Scotland Forever  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ramy no offence mate but you are a bigot . To hate 98% of people of any country shows you up as a moron. Whisper it quietly , it might be coming home 😘

14 minutes ago, Nobby said:

Ramy no offence mate but you are a bigot . To hate 98% of people of any country shows you up as a moron. Whisper it quietly , it might be coming home 😘

Fair enough. No the first time I've been called a bigot..

18 minutes ago, Nobby said:

Just because I hate a certain country, their values, their customs, their arrogant ways, does not make me a bigot. A hateful prick mibbee, but no a bigot... Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

10 hours ago, exile said:

But how jammy are they? How they managed to have a route to the final that involves all games but one at home (the most favoured team in the tournament); their first two knock-out matches are with teams who scraped through on 3 points (though Denmark are good); and never meeting another group winner till the final. How did that happen?

Several things have fallen in England's favour here.

1. Because they qualified before Scotland they were given 3 games at Wembley in the group.

2. Their game with Germany should have been played in Dublin, but was moved to Wembley when the Irish gave up hosting for Covid reasons.

3. Last night's match in Rome should've been England v Spain if the groups had gone to seeding, but Sweden's last minute winner over Poland won them the group instead. 

4. Again if games had gone to seeding they would've played another group winner, the Netherlands in the semi.

5. The semis and final were supposed to be played in Brussels, but delays in the construction of the Eurostadium meant UEFA took the decision to move those matches to Wembley a couple of years back.

Edited by Toepoke

14 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Several things have fallen in England's favour here.

1. Because they qualified before Scotland they were given 3 games at Wembley in the group.

2. Their game with Germany should have been played in Dublin, but was moved to Wembley when the Irish gave up hosting for Covid reasons.

3. Last night's match in Rome should've been England v Spain if the groups had gone to seeding, but Sweden's last minute winner over Poland won them the group instead. 

4. Again if games had gone to seeding they would've played another group winner, the Netherlands in the semi.

5. The semis and final were supposed to be played in Brussels, but delays in the construction of the Eurostadium meant UEFA took the decision to move those matches to Wembley a couple of years back.

Thanks, that explains a lot.

And yes I know, you can only play the team in front of you, and yes you can't help if Spain underperformed in the group stage so didn't win their group. It's just the luck of the draw. But still, the luck has run in their favour.

(on point 5, is that a symbol of agile Blighty beating lumbering Brussels? :ph34r:)

england were immense last night and are now rightly amongst the favourites.  I have no problem if they win it.  They haven’t conceded a goal and look a threat going forward.  The fact we outplayed them is to our credit.

ps to be clear, my previous post was not homophobic despite being called out as such.  A fairy is lightweight and fragile,  that was my reference.  If you chose to interpret it differently thats on you.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

england were immense last night and are now rightly amongst the favourites.  I have no problem if they win it.  They haven’t conceded a goal and look a threat going forward.  The fact we outplayed them is to our credit.

ps to be clear, my previous post was not homophobic despite being called out as such.  A fairy is lightweight and fragile,  that was my reference.  If you chose to interpret it differently thats on you.

Immense is stretching it considering Ukraine were damned lucky to have got that far and their leaky defence was exposed. Goals came at ideal times for England. An goal in the first five minutes settled them down and then two quick goals at the start of the second half killed off Ukraine. I won't greet or claim conspiracy if they win as all that does is make you look sad and deluded. We, as a nation, should be more interested in getting our own shop in order than greeting about another country.

😂 Well this thread has rapidly deteriorated.

Despite Ramy having a bit too much hatred for England I do find it strange that on a board for fans of the Scotland national team there are people who actually are happy for England to win. Definitely for the watchin those ones. 

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just because I hate a certain country, their values, their customs, their arrogant ways, does not make me a bigot. A hateful prick mibbee, but no a bigot... Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I know I shouldn’t, but go on,hit me with it, what values ,customs and arrogant ways am I guilty of ? And could I suggest if you aware that you are being a “hateful prick” you might want to have a look at yourself. Not sure if you have kids but if one of them is behaving like a hateful prick you would correct them.