England - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England

GaryWood34

That lot. Them. 

Anyone else completely, totally and utterly shiting themselves that they might win it? 

I mean I always worry and I was extremely worried at the World Cup after their draw but that turned out okay in the end. However, this time with their draw and vast majority of games being at Wembley and with the atmosphere they’ve started to generate I feel Physically sick that they may do it. 

This is of course compounded by the fact that I was a part of this euros and if they do it I’ll want to erase any part of ever being near it.

Ukraine are totally crap as well. Watched every game they’ve played in this tournament and they’ve been in the bottom 5 for quality. Anyone would have qualified from their group. All they did was beat Macedonia.

Worried? What do we do if they win it? Am I being melodramatic… just …. just hold me.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn’t feel the usual level of hatred for them during WC2018 and still have that feeling this time around. It was a strange turn of events and don’t get me wrong, I’d still love them to get gubbed but it just doesn’t matter as much as it used to for me. 

They’re going to win something at some point and when they do, it’ll be deserved I’m sure. 

Sure, the commentators and pundits are a pain in the tits but what do you expect. 

I don’t really care either way.  lots of English colleagues that will be delighted and will be pleased for them. Probably a pain 8n the arse listening to some of the pundits gloating for a while but honestly wouldn’t really bother me.  I think both Italy and Belgium look better sides, and possibly the Danes or czechs could beat them on their day.

Really not worth getting your knickers in a knot over. Besides we do have a sort of comeback of so good but not good enough to beat Scotland.

They will beat Ukraine certainly but they will find Denmark a tougher proposition in the semis if they face them. Thereafter they will have to beat most probably either Belgium, Italy or Spain - a big ask.

But in all honesty I am past the stage of caring.

Yes they'll be all over the press and there'll be a 2m person Street party in London with Boris and the Queen leading the way.

Everyone giving it the big one.  If they win it, then they win it. 

It's not going to change my life or keep me awake at night.  

I'm not sure that Ukraine are crap; they have a lot of character and players that could trouble England, especially Yarmolenko with pace. Think the Germany win was more about the decline of Germany than the renaisance of England. Certainly can't see them beating Italy, Wembley or no.

It is strange that they haven’t won it when you look at the past winners, Czech’s, Denmark, Soviet Union, Greece, Portugal, Holland and all the usual suspects. In fact the only continental Western European countries not to win it are The Swiss, Austria and Belgium. The law of averages if you live long enough mean they are bound to win something at some point. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I'm not sure that Ukraine are crap; they have a lot of character and players that could trouble England, especially Yarmolenko with pace. Think the Germany win was more about the decline of Germany than the renaisance of England. Certainly can't see them beating Italy, Wembley or no.

No they are not crap but lets be honest they are a level or three behind England. They were extremely lucky to get out of the group stage with their record. Against Sweden I feel they got lucky again. England will beat them fairly comfortably I will say.

14 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

That lot. Them. 

Anyone else completely, totally and utterly shiting themselves that they might win it? 

I mean I always worry and I was extremely worried at the World Cup after their draw but that turned out okay in the end. However, this time with their draw and vast majority of games being at Wembley and with the atmosphere they’ve started to generate I feel Physically sick that they may do it. 

This is of course compounded by the fact that I was a part of this euros and if they do it I’ll want to erase any part of ever being near it.

Ukraine are totally crap as well. Watched every game they’ve played in this tournament and they’ve been in the bottom 5 for quality. Anyone would have qualified from their group. All they did was beat Macedonia.

Worried? What do we do if they win it? Am I being melodramatic… just …. just hold me.

An outcome to horrible to even contemplate.As for those who think differently,bring back the spirit of the Lawman in 1966  .Its not only the Scotland players of today that are a pale shadow of those in the past.A certain section of our support need to have a serious look at themselves.

I am totally unashamed to say I hope Ukraine, or any other team for that matter, rip them a new one. Might not feel so bad if it wasnt rammed down our throats constantly .
Doubt there is any other country in the world that has to listen to non stop bed wetting  about their neighbours football progress. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I am totally unashamed to say I hope Ukraine, or any other team for that matter, rip them a new one. Might not feel so bad if it wasnt rammed down our throats constantly .
Doubt there is any other country in the world that has to listen to non stop bed wetting  about their neighbours football progress. 

Well said.There is still hope for the future of the Scotland support.Keep the faith.

Booking a holiday down south for a week from the 9th is my own stupid fault so I'm potentially going to have front row seats to a week of mass-hysteria.  Not going lie there will be part of me that would enjoy seeing my mate since primary school beaming coupon if they did win.  

However, that'll all change as soon as Martin fucking Keown speaks during Belgium Italy and sets me off like Pavlov's dog with rabies and a moistly tipped hard-on.     

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

What makes it even more gaoling is we've pretty much got ourselves to blame.  

1 minute ago, GaryWood34 said:

I thought that as well but even if we had beaten them they’d still have topped the group.

Nah mate - more that we're content enough to watch England's coverage of the Euros.  I was genuinely looking forward to Sweden Ukraine but had to turn it off.  

Ukraine are workmanlike,but can't see anything but a 3-0 to england.If the danes make it through,and play the same as they have been playing,they could cause them problems.To be honest,i think we will have to rely on Belgium,Spain or Italy putting in a performance in the final.

If we are going to use the Tartan Army Message Board to discuss other nations, surely it would be more productive to discuss nations with less resources than Scotland which are able to get out of the group stages of a major competition? Uruguay, Croatia, Wales, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have all done it. In the case of Wales, football is not even the national game. Nor was football even being played in Uruguay when Scotland and England played their first international but that did not stop Uruguay going on the win the World Cup twice in their first four attempts. 

17 minutes ago, Arbroath1320 said:

If we are going to use the Tartan Army Message Board to discuss other nations, surely it would be more productive to discuss nations with less resources than Scotland which are able to get out of the group stages of a major competition? Uruguay, Croatia, Wales, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have all done it. In the case of Wales, football is not even the national game. Nor was football even being played in Uruguay when Scotland and England played their first international but that did not stop Uruguay going on the win the World Cup twice in their first four attempts. 

You missed our denmark and Iceland. 

Personally think the two Ireland got lucky 

On 7/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, GaryWood34 said:

I thought that as well but even if we had beaten them they’d still have topped the group.

And even if we'd beaten them we'd have crashed out bottom of the group.

It's going to be England fever today all over news, TV and social media and difficult to avoid it. After watching the quality of Belgium v Italy last night it's a sickener one of them went out. Saying that,  Grealish could be the difference for England going all the way now and odds are shortening on them.