Beer goggle pin up - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It’s a bit bleak on here just now, not helped much by us being unceremoniously papped out the Euros. 

A few weeks ago I heard that Gordon Ramsay and Lorraine Kelly were voted Scotland’s top beer goggle pin ups so thought it might be fun to hear the Tambers nominations. They dont need to be Scottish.

I used to have a massive crush for John Thaw, even though he was old enough to be my dad. Think I was attracted by his character in Morse, living in Oxford,   enjoying classical music and drinking red wine. Whereas I was in Paisley necking cider and babycham listening to the Bay City Rollers. 
I even fancied him in Goodnight Mr Tom where he played a REALLY old guy with a beard. 

Another person I like is David Mitchell. Hardly your typical pin up but he makes me laugh. I actually think he looks a bit like David Silva, who I dont fancy in the least. Which goes to show that I am in no way a superficial bimbo only interested in super rich footballers 😁

EAF5FB9D-0761-4457-8C6F-B4D09A4E13A1.jpeg.473dce5a7422ce04877192ad5a72ff19.jpeg44BE5ED0-66F2-4B1F-B38A-C1859374D22C.jpeg.f5a341e4cfb82737ac6e8866a71a35a8.jpeg

So , who is your beer goggle pin up ? Dont be shy 😁

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, chaff said:

I don't know about beer goggles but back in the early days of the tamb there wasn't a footsoldier alive that wasn't completely in love with Esther hall.

4792-esther-hall-1b.jpg

Aye, that would have been in the days when folk had a bit of fun on here, there’s very little of it these days. 
  I have never heard of Esther Hall though I do recognise her face. She is very pretty. 
‘Beer goggle pin up’ was the name of the competition that I heard about but ‘ unlikely pin ups ‘ would probably be a kinder title. It was all a bit tongue in cheek. Its good to know folk are not just attracted to the stereotypical glamour celebs and everyone has different tastes. 

C’mon, get your pin ups out ! I doubt your wives and partners will be too bothered if they discover your unlikely pin up is Angela Merkel. 
And for those of you shaking your heads at such a childish thread, just think of it as a psychology lesson 😁

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It’s a bit bleak on here just now, not helped much by us being unceremoniously papped out the Euros. 

A few weeks ago I heard that Gordon Ramsay and Lorraine Kelly were voted Scotland’s top beer goggle pin ups so thought it might be fun to hear the Tambers nominations. They dont need to be Scottish.

I used to have a massive crush for John Thaw, even though he was old enough to be my dad. Think I was attracted by his character in Morse, living in Oxford,   enjoying classical music and drinking red wine. Whereas I was in Paisley necking cider and babycham listening to the Bay City Rollers. 
I even fancied him in Goodnight Mr Tom where he played a REALLY old guy with a beard. 

Another person I like is David Mitchell. Hardly your typical pin up but he makes me laugh. I actually think he looks a bit like David Silva, who I dont fancy in the least. Which goes to show that I am in no way a superficial bimbo only interested in super rich footballers 😁

EAF5FB9D-0761-4457-8C6F-B4D09A4E13A1.jpeg.473dce5a7422ce04877192ad5a72ff19.jpeg44BE5ED0-66F2-4B1F-B38A-C1859374D22C.jpeg.f5a341e4cfb82737ac6e8866a71a35a8.jpeg

So instead you're just a superficial bimbo interested in moderately wealthy tv personalities ;)

Suzie Dent of Countdown for me - way sexier than Rachel Riley and a couple of pints just emphasises the point.  

Watched an episode of Frasier for the first time in yonks after a couple of beers and thought Lilith was stunning - watched Cheers sober a couple of days back and still do so not sure it counts! 

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

So instead you're just a superficial bimbo interested in moderately wealthy tv personalities ;)

Suzie Dent of Countdown for me - way sexier than Rachel Riley and a couple of pints just emphasises the point.  

Watched an episode of Frasier for the first time in yonks after a couple of beers and thought Lilith was stunning - watched Cheers sober a couple of days back and still do so not sure it counts! 

😁

I am certain I would find David Mitchell attractive even if he was a struggling comedian or a non league full back. Women like humour. 

Lilith 🤣  I am lost for words. A feat very few have achieved. Again though , its that humour thing . Brilliant scripts and acting are powerful  aphrodisiacs.  

So I am told 👀

OK I'll play. 

Sober, Penelope Cruz all day long. Kim Tate off Emmerdale is a 10 pinter, throw in a few shots and I give you Judith Ralston off bbc Scotland weather 🤣 You just know by looking at the two of the they wid be durrty 😂

34 minutes ago, slasher said:

OK I'll play. 

Sober, Penelope Cruz all day long. Kim Tate off Emmerdale is a 10 pinter, throw in a few shots and I give you Judith Ralston off bbc Scotland weather 🤣 You just know by looking at the two of the they wid be durrty 😂

Fussy bastard - Two cups of coffee and I'd be Judith's bitch all day long.  Probably need 4 Weetabix that day though!  

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Fussy bastard - Two cups of coffee and I'd be Judith's bitch all day long.  Probably need 4 Weetabix that day though!  

To be fair to Judith she's probably tidier than Kim Tate. 🤔

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Missus Dave Mitchell is supreme top tottie..

The wife thinks I watch only connect cos I like the quiz..

Tydy if you make your move on Dave I'll happily console his heartbroken wife Victoria,❤️👍

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

One of my mates has a thing for redheads. Loves Nicole Kidman....... but has also been known to knock one off to Fizz in Coronation Street 😂

😂

Fizz is one of the reasons I stopped watching Coronation St, though not for the same reasons as your pal.  

28 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

Missus Dave Mitchell is supreme top tottie..

The wife thinks I watch only connect cos I like the quiz..

Tydy if you make your move on Dave I'll happily console his heartbroken wife Victoria,❤️👍

Just had a look at google, I didnt know who his wife was. 

FFS, I have no chance, just look at that look of adoration, he even finds her funny  😡 

You might be ok though, she might no find HIM  funny. 

69446E1C-E777-40BD-824A-389FEFAFA920.jpeg.b6807f90cb8575df2eb3a9f1d3d603a4.jpeg

errrrrrr.....is this going to be an LGBT friendly thread? You never know who might be perusing the topics these days and there tends to be about 5 times more anonymous guests than actual named members on at any one time.

Just putting that out there FYI..............🤓

6 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

errrrrrr.....is this going to be an LGBT friendly thread? You never know who might be perusing the topics these days and there tends to be about 5 times more anonymous guests than actual named members on at any one time.

Just putting that out there FYI..............🤓

Indeed it is ! I even mentioned wives/partners 😎

To all the anonymous LBGT community out there , please join this inclusive thread. You can join too Ramy, there’s a green stripe in there somewhere. 

2066FA16-85C0-4B53-974C-73CD88BF3364.jpeg.134a4a741be721c1b129dc8e86eb48f8.jpeg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😁

I am certain I would find David Mitchell attractive even if he was a struggling comedian or a non league full back. Women like humour. 

Lilith 🤣  I am lost for words. A feat very few have achieved. Again though , its that humour thing . Brilliant scripts and acting are powerful  aphrodisiacs.  

So I am told 👀

It was weird because saw her on Frasier and was thinking lockdown had got to me.  On the Cheers episode though she goes 'She's All That' on Frasier and wowsers!  

Have to word it carefully to her but essentially my good lady wife is one of those types.  Scuffs about in jeans and never wears make-up but when we go out the amount of folk looking who you can tell are thinking 'christ what's she doing with that ugly bastard' - folk genuinely think she's at least 10 years younger than me but is actually older!  It would blow their minds entirely if they knew I've barely an average sized penis and all to fall back on! 

Some of the longer serving TAMBers may remember my massive crush on Scott Severin 😍 The highlight of any game was always when he dried the ball with his top revealing the six pack 😆

Severin.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Some of the longer serving TAMBers may remember my massive crush on Scott Severin 😍 The highlight of any game was always when he dried the ball with his top revealing the six pack 😆

Severin.jpg

:lol:

41 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It was weird because saw her on Frasier and was thinking lockdown had got to me.  On the Cheers episode though she goes 'She's All That' on Frasier and wowsers!  

Have to word it carefully to her but essentially my good lady wife is one of those types.  Scuffs about in jeans and never wears make-up but when we go out the amount of folk looking who you can tell are thinking 'christ what's she doing with that ugly bastard' - folk genuinely think she's at least 10 years younger than me but is actually older!  It would blow their minds entirely if they knew I've barely an average sized penis and all to fall back on! 

Aye, well you are a pretty funny guy which confirms the bit about women liking humour. And unlike good looks you don’t normally lose your humour as you get older. Unless you are married to me, Mr Tidy used to be VERY funny but I have managed to suck the life out of him 😕 

Haud onto her ! 😁

42 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Severin.jpg

Just as well he only played in the UK. Imagine how long you would have had to wait for that ball to be dried in Spain or Italy ? 😁

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, well you are a pretty funny guy which confirms the bit about women liking humour. And unlike good looks you don’t normally lose your humour as you get older. Unless you are married to me, Mr Tidy used to be VERY funny but I have managed to suck the life out of him 😕 

Haud onto her ! 😁

I consider you and Mr Tidy dear friends, so I really don’t know where to begin with that last statement 😂😂

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Haud onto her ! 😁

Och fuck it I'll share - the sentiment of the story will hopefully give you a wee smile.  Met my mrs working behind a hotel reception in Nepal.  The volunteer manager couldn't believe when she found out I was dating the future Mrs Whistle because she'd knocked back umpteen tourists over a couple of years and the hotel manager had told the manager my future wife had knocked back a Dutch acquaintance of his who owned a handful of hotels worldwide because she wasn't for sale.  

It wasn't until years after I had the bollocks to ask 'Why me?' in case it broke whatever spell she was under and her answer I wouldn't have guessed in a million years - I spoke to the boy who operated the lift; to the waiters; to the owner of the hotel; to the other western volunteers all like they were my equal.  Women are weird like! 

When I changed job a few years back we had a fairly formal event to attend and one of the big bosses asked her how we'd met.  Straight off the bat told him she'd ordered me off the internet, blue cross sale and could only afford 'good with kids' so she gives as good as she gets like! 

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Och fuck it I'll share - the sentiment of the story will hopefully give you a wee smile.  Met my mrs working behind a hotel reception in Nepal.  The volunteer manager couldn't believe when she found out I was dating the future Mrs Whistle because she'd knocked back umpteen tourists over a couple of years and the hotel manager had told the manager my future wife had knocked back a Dutch acquaintance of his who owned a handful of hotels worldwide because she wasn't for sale.  

It wasn't until years after I had the bollocks to ask 'Why me?' in case it broke whatever spell she was under and her answer I wouldn't have guessed in a million years - I spoke to the boy who operated the lift; to the waiters; to the owner of the hotel; to the other western volunteers all like they were my equal.  Women are weird like! 

When I changed job a few years back we had a fairly formal event to attend and one of the big bosses asked her how we'd met.  Straight off the bat told him she'd ordered me off the internet, blue cross sale and could only afford 'good with kids' so she gives as good as she gets like! 

I love her ! 😍

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I consider you and Mr Tidy dear friends, so I really don’t know where to begin with that last statement 😂😂

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just realised what I said 🤭