Your team versus Denmark in WC qualifier - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your team versus Denmark in WC qualifier

er yir macaroon

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

The odd goal will get us there if we concede zero goals.

The “odd goal now and then” won’t get you many wins. Conceding zero goals is also unrealistic. It would be unrealistic if we were as good as France. 

11 hours ago, csinclair said:

I'm noticing a few people on here suddenly thinking Gilmour should be playing as the attacking midfielder despite that not being his position. It's Darren Fletcher all over again.

Not sure what you think an "attacking" midfielder is but Gilmour is simply a midfield player and potentially a very good one.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the disappointing dust has settled, I'm craving more internationals. 

Do we think it'll be the exact same 26 called up? It seems unlikely anyone will be able to stake a claim in the next 6 weeks. So it's really just if the likes of Jack is back from injury, or if anyone at the camp underwhelmed and Clarke wants them out. Or maybe Clarke will just call up a smaller squad.

Taylor, Gallagher, Fleck, Gordon, Turnbull, McLaughlin all got zero game time at the Euros. I wouldn't read too much into Turnbull, being only 21 at the time, or the Goalies. But it could spell the end to the other 3.

Edited by Tartan blood

Gordon

Patterson  Hendry Hanley tierney. Robertson

Mctominay jack gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Gordon

Mctominay jack gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

Against Denmark, fair enough. We'll need to be a tad more conservative, but I'd like to see at least one more attacking midfielder against the other 2 opponents. 

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Gordon

Mctominay jack gilmour

Mcginn

Adams

Honestly don't think Hendry is that good. Would sooner drop McTominay back or bring in Cooper,McKenna or even Gallagher. 

Marshall

McTominay Hanley tierney

Forrest.                               Robertson

Mcgregor gilmour

Mcginn

Fraser Adams  

Maybe put Cooper in for mctominay but that's pretty much my starting line up. 

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Until we see who’s playing and how they’re playing into August, nobody can have any idea who we should pick, barring the positions there’s no real alternative for. 

Exactly. There’s a chance paterson might not get any game time at rangers. If hickey is playing for Bologna then think he should get a call up. 

51 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Exactly. There’s a chance paterson might not get any game time at rangers. If hickey is playing for Bologna then think he should get a call up. 

Clarke more likely to pick O’Donnell over both of them and jam him horribly out his comfort zone as a wing back in a defensive 352 probably 

On 7/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, bigfingers said:

I was thinking about this the other day, Hickey is pretty comfortable with either foot so he could be an option for the either side which would mean he'd warrant a place in the squad more than Taylor who seems to be there just in case both Robbo & Tierney get injured at the same time as he can't really play anywhere else.

I can't see Clarke's XI changing much but I'd like him to start considering the likes of Liam Kelly, Steven Caulker, Siriki Dembele, Lewis Ferguson & Ryan Gauld to at least be in the squad