Scotlands player of the tournament.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotlands player of the tournament..

Big Ramy 1314

Awerite, I know we are all hurting and disappointed, in saying that. Who was your player of the tournament in the Famous Dark Blue. For me it was Robertson, class act, kept the boys grounded, played brilliant, and led by example. Very impressed..ย  Good days ahead. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

If any doesnโ€™t think itโ€™s Robertson they are an idiot.

There isnโ€™t even another close contender.ย 

Missed an absolute sitter in the first game which could have changed our whole tournament.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Missed an absolute sitter in the first game which could have changed our whole tournament.

And even so, is still by a country mile our best player in the tournament.

However, it is the very definition of damning with faint praise because although few players were complete shite, he was literally the only one who excelled in any noticeable way.ย 
Weโ€™d have multiple contenders for Scotlandโ€™s most ok player of the tournament.ย 

Actually thought McGinn was one who stood up in all three games. Got around the pitch like he always does and tried to make things happen, just lacking that composure but he certainly got into many scoring positions.

Probably his tournament summed up Scotland's tournament, competitive in many areas but no killer instinct.

Biggest disappointment? Probably McTominay. First game completely passed him by, was better v England but could've easily cost a goal with error when Mount missed from a few yards and disappointing tonight.

Of course playing at the back but ultimately two headers were scored from crosses so again something you'd want him to nulify.

Most consistant run of performances from Robertson in Scotland shirt aswell as mentioned above.

Edited by Tartan Chris

8 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Actually thought McGinn was one who stood up in all three games. Got around the pitch like he always does and tried to make things happen, just lacking that composure but he certainly got into many scoring positions.

Probably his tournament summed up Scotland's tournament, competitive in many areas but no killer instinct.

Biggest disappointment? Probably McTominay. First game completely passed him by, was better v England but could've easily cost a goal with error when Mount missed from a few yards and disappointing tonight.

Of course playing at the back but ultimately two headers were scored from crosses so again something you'd want him to nulify.

Most consistant run of performances from Robertson in Scotland shirt aswell as mentioned above.

Mctominay was a bit of disappointment. Also thought dykes was pretty poor. Hopefully Clarke moves dykes to the bench and we can just use him as a target off the bench in the future.ย 

34 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Changed my mind, got to be Ramy for not getting banned.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. Superb mate..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ

I thought Hanley was phenomenal. I was a big fan of his when he first broke through, and was really disappointed to see the stick he got for so long. He now has the experience to match his ability. He belongs in the Premier League!

Andy Robertson and John McGinn were superb, too. They did not get intimidated at all.ย 

I do wonder if Tierney had been fit the whole tournament, and Gilmour played all 3 games, would we be having a different discussion.

McGregor finally stopped sleepwalking through games and was back to his best. Though I am curious to see if that England game will be a passing of the torch between him and Gilmour, as he is his obvious replacement.

Its funny how fans see things differently.ย 

I thought McGinn was average at best. Certainly below his usual standards. In the Czech game he wasnt getting his usual free kicks when he rolls people and then looked lost.ย 

Hanley was really good throughout but Robertson never put a foot wrong.

On a side note, how refreshing was it to see the entire line up sing FOS.

Hanley was brilliant in his first two games. He's shaping in to a very decent defender after quite a ropey start to his career.

Marshall did more than enough good saves to make up for that blunder, IMO. He kept us in at times both against Croatia and England.

Gilmour was outstanding on his starting debut. Nae fear either. Really encouraging to see.

Robertson, Tierney and McGregor all played reasonably well. Adams did alright.

11 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Hanley was brilliant in his first two games. He's shaping in to a very decent defender after quite a ropey start to his career.

Marshall did more than enough good saves to make up for that blunder, IMO. He kept us in at times both against Croatia and England.

Gilmour was outstanding on his starting debut. Nae fear either. Really encouraging to see.

He made at least 4 good saves v Czechsย 

If it wasn't for him tournament would have been total humiliationย 

13 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Tierney and Mctominay aren't centre halvesย 

For two of the croatia goals they lost their men

But what do you doย 

ย 

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I thought McGinn was average at best. Certainly below his usual standards. In the Czech game he wasnt getting his usual free kicks when he rolls people and then looked lost.ย 

Levels I thinkย 

Mcginns looked great against the sides that got us here

But the step up in class showedย 

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Mcginn was brilliant against England when we played two deeper midfielders and let mcginn stay central and further up the park. Need to stick that system from now on and stop trying to squeeze Armstrong and mcginn into the same midfield.ย