The Eden Project - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Eden Project

gkm_vancouver

Booked a trip down in Devon next month with the Mrs. and fancy having a look at this place, especially after the G7. Anyone been and any recommendations? Looks like there is plenty to do there and might not be able to take everything in so if there is a specific part of it worth checking out would welcome any pointers

Mate, been a few years since I was last there and they were still doing work to enlarge it. Basically 2/3 huge glass domes with flora and fauna from around the globe that we are trying to keep from extinction. i really cannot remember a huge amount. But if you are in and around that area visit Bodmin moor, Port Issac,  Mevagissey, Pentewan harbour, the wee pub next to it is superb. That whole area of the country has something different around every corner. Enjoy.

Cheers, I'm a bit further away in Sidmouth for a getaway. Saw the Eden during the G7 and they were talking about drilling into the core for geothermal electricity. It just interests me as something totally different from my stressful day job. Booked an afternoon slot as its about a 1h 40min drive so will try and pick up one of those other suggestions, cheers