Support at Wembley - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Support at Wembley

Squirrelhumper

Been 3 times and that was loudest out the three. Strange as it was about 1/10th of how many tickets we had for one of the visits. 

It was incredible and the outpouring of emotion from all ages at the end was incredible to see.

I cried - as did others. 

From the outside looking in that may be a bit odd but a loss and we were out and it would have been them that caused it. I wouldn’t have ever forgotten that - it was pride and relief. A perfect mix.

Edited by GaryWood34

I thought I got too emotional at the fitba - the wee man outdone me this time! He’s only 9 but having lived those 9 years with me he just knows what it means. This was on full time….✊🏼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

256453AF-2D9B-40ED-95BB-0066445CF383.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

On 6/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, Malcolm said:

Love to see the home international championships being restored, on a every four year basis.  The year before the World Cup would be good as we did well in 77, 81 and 85.

Interesting. Enjoyed these as a kid esp the 76 game when Clemence got it through the legs. Didn't help us before in the World Cup mind. Trouble is it could invite trouble and with nothing really to play for would encourage drop outs after a long season. I'd prefer something like an invitation Kirin Cup spilt amongst the four nations over a weekend. Alternate teams playing every two years with two of us plus another top overseas team invited to play for the cup e.g. Japan, Portugal, USA, Belgium, Mexico, etc

10 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Interesting. Enjoyed these as a kid esp the 76 game when Clemence got it through the legs. Didn't help us before in the World Cup mind. Trouble is it could invite trouble and with nothing really to play for would encourage drop outs after a long season. I'd prefer something like an invitation Kirin Cup spilt amongst the four nations over a weekend. Alternate teams playing every two years with two of us plus another top overseas team invited to play for the cup e.g. Japan, Portugal, USA, Belgium, Mexico, etc

Was my favourite game of the season Scotland v England. Always a big event in my house.  Was always the last fixture in the tournament.

On 6/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, Malcolm said:

Love to see the home international championships being restored, on a every four year basis.  The year before the World Cup would be good as we did well in 77, 81 and 85.

Would be happy to just se us play England in an end of season friendly 

Every other year,  non tournament years