Young strikers to keep an eye on: - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Young strikers to keep an eye on:

Taylor1996

26 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Pressley- Brentford B team player of the year and top scorer.

Saw Pressley play in a friendly last season and he looked lively, still only 19.  Probably one for post-Qatar though.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, Taylor1996 said:

lol

Well, he is still only 21.

He did score 10 in 16 at U21 level so you never know. 

He also played for Aberdeen and got found out incredibly quickly. 

He’s not very good at all. 

15 hours ago, Instant coffee said:

One to keep an eye on is a young lad called Rory Wilson who's 15. Playing with Rangers U18s, tipped to have a big future in the game. I know anything can happen and our record is poor from 15-21 with player development but this boy is worth keeping an eye on.

He seems to have scored a hat trick against Man City u18s for a Scotland u18 select and 7 in a closed door game recently. Age 15. 

16 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I would like to see a real top class rangers player in the squad, it would hopefully shut the grievance junkies up  who have been vocal in the euros regarding Paterson and pull them back closer to the national side 

Or don't give a shit who they play for and let them moan if they want to.

What's the story with the Bilbao lad given they only bring Basques through there?

Similar story to Jack Harper (wherever he is now)? Or Basque with a parent from Scotland?

Is he involved in youth set ups as Spain will probably want to get him involved in their ones if he looks promising so need to act quick rather than snail pace.

Edit: Just seen he's 21 so a bit older than I was expecting.

Spanish teams tend to keep them playing in cantera (b teams) up to 21-22 unless it's an exceptional talent but 22-23 is when they really should be breaking into first team squad.

Edited by Tartan Chris

10 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I would like to see a real top class rangers player in the squad, it would hopefully shut the grievance junkies up  who have been vocal in the euros regarding Paterson and pull them back closer to the national side 

Why, it’s just them being morons. 

If we did something with 11 Arabs on the pitch, I would be nothing but delighted. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

What's the story with the Bilbao lad given they only bring Basques through there?

Similar story to Jack Harper (wherever he is now)? Or Basque with a parent from Scotland?

Is he involved in youth set ups as Spain will probably want to get him involved in their ones if he looks promising so need to act quick rather than snail pace.

Edit: Just seen he's 21 so a bit older than I was expecting.

Spanish teams tend to keep them playing in cantera (b teams) up to 21-22 unless it's an exceptional talent but 22-23 is when they really should be breaking into first team squad.

His mother is Scottish. 
As others have said, he's got a big season ahead with hopefully some first team action. They definitely see something in him giving him a 4 year contract. 

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Any chance for Dapo Mebude, anyone think? Stalled in the U19s, ditched by Rangers but now seems to be heading to Watford. Good if he gets game Time there.

Hes a talent I still think he can do well and kick on with his career. Rangers are a very good side now so good players will leave them and still make it elsewhere.

They also have a really really good group of youngsters who will go on loan to SPL clubs this summer; Kennedy, McCrorie, McPake, Williamson & Kelly