Scotland V Croatia Match Thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Croatia Match Thread

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm 53 mate, been there. This, today, tonight feels different... One can dream....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It felt that way before the Czech game and look what happened. I like to keep my expectations low, saves me getting disappointed. 

McTominay into midfield and Cooper back to the back line. I'd have Fraser in for his speed and recent return rate of 3 goals in 8 games either alongside Adams or in place of McDonnell. Have to go for this and can't risk going one goal up and letting one in at the end.

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

My performance at work today has been a disgrace in fairness - can't think of anything but this!! 

🤣🤣. Hang in there mate..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍👍👍

Marshall

Mctominay hanley tierney

Forrest                                 robertson

Mcginn mcgregor 

Christie

Fraser Adams

My team for the game, maybe replace Christie for Armstrong but it's a tough decision. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol referring to lyndon dykes as "that useless aussie prick". He's been pretty decent for us, he's maybe not Harry kane or aguero but he has good games for us and we don't have an abundance of top strikers. Hopefully he pops up with a goal tonight. 

Saying that maybe Nisbet deserves a shot tonight. Bring dykes on in the second half. 

I was thinking it might be good for Nisbet to start tonight too. Of all our strikers he's in the best goalscoring form.

I'm not Steve Clarke though, so it doesn't really matter what I think. 😄

Dykes has done okay for Scotland, so that's a bit of harsh way to describe him. Just think, if he wasn't there we'd potentially be looking at Eamonn Brophy or Lawrence Shankland starting up front for us tonight. *shudder*

The lads walking out onto that pitch tonight have a chance to write themselves into Scottish football history. We've been in this place before but can these players succeed where the likes of Dalglish, Law, Jordan, Bremner, Souness, Strachan, McLeish, Miller, Hendry, Lambert, Collins, McCoist and McAllister failed?

What an achievement it would be to get this orangutan of our back, yes orangutan as it is far bigger than a monkey now as we have tried and failed so many times.

Go out and make us proud lads.

I'd like to see Nisbet get a chance somewhere (unless we're doing so well it would be disruptive to change).

If Plan A is as close as possible to the England game then fair enough but if it is not working we need a Plan B and then a Plan C.

Obviously we need to win and try and get that all important first goal. But we also need to have a plan for how to deal with going behind. Thankfully that's the manager's job so hope he can get on with it!

2 hours ago, Mox said:

We've really got to seize the initiative tonight and play to our strengths, play through the technical guys in midfield, use our energy and fitness to try and exploit croatias weakness, which is their lack of pace at centre half (Lovren and Vida) and centre mid (Modric and Kovacic)

I'm hearing a lot about how they're not the team they once where and whilst thats entirely true, they can be that team for one night if you give them the space to do so. Modric, Kovacic, Rebic, Persic and Kramaric are all technically gifted and can pass it round you all night if you let them, we need to harass and win the ball back at all costs and use it properly. If we spend all night launching balls upto that useless Aussie prick, the two centre halfs will lap that up all night.

Lets go out and play some actual fucking football, it's a beautiful day, keep on the deck, be quick, be intelligent and prove that we are equal and better of technically gifted teams like Croatia. 

Arsehole!

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

Quite frankly I'm shiteing masel. Strange mix of enthusiasm, dread and nerves.

As a Scotland supporter you should be well used to that by now!

53 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The lads walking out onto that pitch tonight have a chance to write themselves into Scottish football history. We've been in this place before but can these players succeed where the likes of Dalglish, Law, Jordan, Bremner, Souness, Strachan, McLeish, Miller, Hendry, Lambert, Collins, McCoist and McAllister failed?

What an achievement it would be to get this orangutan of our back, yes orangutan as it is far bigger than a monkey now as we have tried and failed so many times.

Go out and make us proud lads.

Not so much an orangutan but one of those great big mountain gorillas.

Edited by Hertsscot

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sky Sports News claiming Armstrong in for Gilmour - sounds like the only change from Friday. Not confirmed yet though.

So does that suggest that McGinn will be dropped into a deeper role then? Didn’t really want that. 

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sky Sports News claiming Armstrong in for Gilmour - sounds like the only change from Friday. Not confirmed yet though.

If that’s the case, he’s trying to find a way to get all of our most talented players in the side. McGregor might just give the team the balance. Provides an easy ball out for McTominay or whoever at the back and links up to the more attacking midfielders. 

Feeling fired up for this one!