Scotland V Croatia Match Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Croatia Match Thread

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Cheers but I meant I couldn’t see where it said the players were being re-tested this morning. 

Wasn't meant in response to that sorry but more just an interesting comment buried half way down the article.  

From what's come out about the three of them having a chin wag in the tunnel for 20 minutes plus it makes more sense now why Scotland players haven't had to isolate.  Touch wood the stuff we have in place which stopped Fleck's spreading works again too.  

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Wasn't meant in response to that sorry but more just an interesting comment buried half way down the article.  

From what's come out about the three of them having a chin wag in the tunnel for 20 minutes plus it makes more sense now why Scotland players haven't had to isolate.  Touch wood the stuff we have in place which stopped Fleck's spreading works again too.  

Cool, no worries. 

The rules around close contacts seem odd but if the Scotland squad have followed the protocols correctly there should be no need for anyone else to isolate as there should be no close contacts. 

It sounds like Gilmour, Chilwell and Mount didn’t follow the protocols after the match which has led to the 2 English players having to isolate. 

2 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Turnbull for me

I like Turnbull, but I think this might be a bit heavy for him. It's a massive, massive, match.. You never know though mate...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Gilmour missing makes team selection a bit messy. McTominay would be the best player to have in midfield or defense, so reckon it will come down to Armstrong or Hendry(Clarke seems to like him) coming in.

Personally not convinced about Hendry but after Hanleys performance in the center it is hard to see him moving to the right.

36 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Armstrong for Gilmour, otherwise same team for me. Only alternative would be moving mctominay in to midfield

Those seem like the 2 most obvious choices. So, of course, Clarke will do something completely different. 

I'd love to see one of our attacking midfielders playing. We have so many that aren't being utilised. McGinn is a superstar, but I do worry there is too much emphasis on him to create. Yes, I know most of the back 5 join in as well. But I wonder if Clarke will go all guns blazing and throw in another attacker like Turnbull, Forrest, Fraser or Christie.

We've really got to seize the initiative tonight and play to our strengths, play through the technical guys in midfield, use our energy and fitness to try and exploit croatias weakness, which is their lack of pace at centre half (Lovren and Vida) and centre mid (Modric and Kovacic)

I'm hearing a lot about how they're not the team they once where and whilst thats entirely true, they can be that team for one night if you give them the space to do so. Modric, Kovacic, Rebic, Persic and Kramaric are all technically gifted and can pass it round you all night if you let them, we need to harass and win the ball back at all costs and use it properly. If we spend all night launching balls upto that useless Aussie prick, the two centre halfs will lap that up all night.

Lets go out and play some actual fucking football, it's a beautiful day, keep on the deck, be quick, be intelligent and prove that we are equal and better of technically gifted teams like Croatia. 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

We've really got to seize the initiative tonight and play to our strengths, play through the technical guys in midfield, use our energy and fitness to try and exploit croatias weakness, which is their lack of pace at centre half (Lovren and Vida) and centre mid (Modric and Kovacic)

I'm hearing a lot about how they're not the team they once where and whilst thats entirely true, they can be that team for one night if you give them the space to do so. Modric, Kovacic, Rebic, Persic and Kramaric are all technically gifted and can pass it round you all night if you let them, we need to harass and win the ball back at all costs and use it properly. If we spend all night launching balls upto that useless Aussie prick, the two centre halfs will lap that up all night.

Lets go out and play some actual fucking football, it's a beautiful day, keep on the deck, be quick, be intelligent and prove that we are equal and better of technically gifted teams like Croatia. 

I don't think it's helpful to refer to one of our players as 'that useless Aussie prick.' He plugged a huge gap when he was drafted in. Maybe you would have preferred Oli McBurnie?

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I don't think it's helpful to refer to one of our players as 'that useless Aussie prick.' He plugged a huge gap when he was drafted in. Maybe you would have preferred Oli McBurnie?

He's obsolete, the fact that he's playing is part of the reason we've got 1 point and 0 goals after 2 games and need to beat the world cup runners up to progress and not even in 2nd place, but in third place. 

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

He's obsolete, the fact that he's playing is part of the reason we've got 1 point and 0 goals after 2 games and need to beat the world cup runners up to progress and not even in 2nd place, but in third place. 

Really? Who do you suggest, Kenny dalglish?

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I'd doubt Lyndon Dykes reads here tbh. 

Lol referring to lyndon dykes as "that useless aussie prick". He's been pretty decent for us, he's maybe not Harry kane or aguero but he has good games for us and we don't have an abundance of top strikers. Hopefully he pops up with a goal tonight. 

Saying that maybe Nisbet deserves a shot tonight. Bring dykes on in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Anyhoo, stay on topic lads, this is a massive night for us.. Just sayin like..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺🍺

Don't get yer hopes up too much, the Scotland football team are experts in destroying hopes and dreams lol. Better to go in with low expectations. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Don't get yer hopes up too much, the Scotland football team are experts in destroying hopes and dreams lol. Better to go in with low expectations. 

I'm 53 mate, been there. This, today, tonight feels different... One can dream....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿