Scotland V Croatia Match Thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Croatia Match Thread

Caledonian Craig

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

One worry I have is McGinn. I expect him to be employed harassing Modric and Kovacic but he does tend to play on the edge. He got booked v England and don't want him to get an early  booking v Croatia. Plus - do bookings get carried forward to the next round, anybody know?

Yes yellow cards are carried forward but unless we win it will all be immaterial anyway. I am sure even McGinn would take a second yellow if it meant we got through.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

McGinn’s booking was a bit of a joke. Unless I missed something, it seemed he got a yellow for asking for a foul when Mings stopped Dykes from running in on goall by tackling his face.

Couldn't believe why Mings didn't get booked for a blatant block

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

McGinn’s booking was a bit of a joke. Unless I missed something, it seemed he got a yellow for asking for a foul when Mings stopped Dykes from running in on goall by tackling his face.

He was losing his shit early with the ref about almost every decision 

He needs to calm down with that 

Looking again at Croatia's form since the World Cup, it's not that great, especially since the Euro qualifiers finished. They've only won 2 out of last 11 and that was home games against Cyprus and Malta. Includes losses against Sweden and Slovenia and earlier defeats by Tunisia and a 6-0 drubbing from Spain.

They are definitely beatable!

1 minute ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Looking again at Croatia's form since the World Cup, it's not that great, especially since the Euro qualifiers finished. They've only won 2 out of last 11 and that was home games against Cyprus and Malta. Includes losses against Sweden and Slovenia and earlier defeats by Tunisia and a 6-0 drubbing from Spain.

Of course they are. England proved that a week ago. And they have been very disappointing performance-wise and are being panned back home.

5 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

I was at the Czech v Croatia game and Croatia were very unimpressive and the weakest of the two teams. 

Was really looking forward to seeing Modric but other than a wee flurry at start of second half he was poor. Need to watch out for Perisic down our right but they are very beatable. We need to get after them with pace, energy and aggression and I honestly think we’ll win.

Sit back and it is probably the toss of a coin.

12 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

I was at the Czech v Croatia game and Croatia were very unimpressive and the weakest of the two teams. 

Was really looking forward to seeing Modric but other than a wee flurry at start of second half he was poor. Need to watch out for Perisic down our right but they are very beatable. We need to get after them with pace, energy and aggression and I honestly think we’ll win.

Sit back and it is probably the toss of a coin.

I agree. Pace is the key. Their defence lacks pace and their play is plodding in style. If we can do a high press on their defence we can force errors. Their players love time on the ball and playing at a slower pace. Shackle Modric and knock them out of their rhythm and we are in business but we MUST take our chances.

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The dream scenario is we come out blazing, get an early goal or two and the Croatian heads drop.

I appreciate this is highly unlikely :ph34r:

That is the dream, for some reason I can see it happening😬 classic Scottish over excitement perhaps.

They took Rebic off at half time which I hope means he doesn’t play next game as the guy they brought on was a big lump who did very little.

Perisic can cause us problems and Vlasic looked quite dangerous on the right but I’d expect tierney and Robbo to deal with him.

Kovacic was their main man, stop him and win the midfield battle and we win this game.

10 hours ago, COLT NY said:

I had said to my wife that he was about to be booked around five minutes before it happened. He was constantly mouthing off at the ref and he had already had a couple of late tackles go unpunished. 

14 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Are our last 11 much better?