Graeme Souness - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Graeme Souness

Taylor1996

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This should have been a good thread.

It should, and apologies for my part in derailing it, it wasnt intentional I just could not see the relevance of the fans behaviour whatsoever.

On Souness, I dont particularly like him as I find him quite arrogant, but I dont think anyone can deny how passionate he is about the  Scotland team. Sometimes truth hurts but at least he also gives credit when it is due . 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, TDYER63 said:

It should, and apologies for my part in derailing it, it wasnt intentional I just could not see the relevance of the fans behaviour whatsoever.

On Souness, I dont particularly like him as I find him quite arrogant, but I dont think anyone can deny how passionate he is about the  Scotland team. Sometimes truth hurts but at least he also gives credit when it is due . 

Totally agree on souness. He is full.of arrogance but last night was great. Ian Wright is one of the worst English pundits so to watch him.get roasted was great fun.

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Don't fall out with me pal.  On your note about Souness I agree.  I met John Greig twice and an arrogant man who'm i didn't like.  But I suppose that is what made them great players.  Anyway, my new chick will be arriving soon and I will get her a Babycham.  Looking forward to Tuesday.  Sorry I got a we bit pissed off today.  Woke up early and so happy but seen a couple of comments that got my goat.  Should have ignored them tbh.  Have a good night.  If you send me your address I will send you that iron x

Christ another thread descends into a car crash with the usual shouts of (self-instigated) "bile". 

Moving along, Souness for me, is one of the better pundits - knows his stuff, can be quite animated but not opinionated for the sake of it, and always make the distinction when talking about England that it is not "we" and "us". Cant say the same for a lot of the southern based Scottish/nonEnglish pundits - did anyone hear Coleman the other night for example? 

15 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Christ another thread descends into a car crash with the usual shouts of (self-instigated) "bile". 

Moving along, Souness for me, is one of the better pundits - knows his stuff, can be quite animated but not opinionated for the sake of it, and always make the distinction when talking about England that it is not "we" and "us". Cant say the same for a lot of the southern based Scottish/nonEnglish pundits - did anyone hear Coleman the other night for example? 

Yes, and there was someone on here who said he thought he wished he had been born a hundred miles south! 

I can take or leave Souness but what I liked more about his words were when the other pundits came out with the usual BS that Scotland got a draw due to fighting spirit and nothing else. He quickly pointed out Scotland had the best midfielder on the pitch in Billy Gilmour and that we played a lot of very good football and created good chances.

16 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

This.

Him, Keane and Gary Neville blow every other pundit out of the water.

And the Coleman thing. Is that when he said "We" when being a pundit on the England Croatia match? Strange thing to say.

I don't see much of thsse guys on TV but Neville sounds like someone worth listening to.

I saw Keane the other night, he seemed overly critical, it's one thing being brutally honest, but if you just say everyone's shite you don't have much to build on. If he was like in the dressing room, it could be demotivational to players!  But as a viewer I'd be interested in his opinion anyway.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

He must really enjoy being the saddest troll in the world. 

Who am I trolling again?  Are you trolling me?  I don't know.  Just try to be kind and a Scotland Supporter.  And I am not sad either kid.  Love my country and started new business on Scotland.  Always positive on here as well.  Get a wee life kid.