Scotland vs England: Match thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs England: Match thread


Taylor1996
 Share

Recommended Posts

Disappointing we didn't get the win, but the boys did ok. Fingers crossed we do the business on Tuesday.

Hopefully we don't need to here anymore form the Rangers bigots about how little Steve Clarke knows bout football. We know he is sad and catholic. But my goodness, he's a manager and a half. Despite what you all say.  

Stephen O'Donnell one of the best players on the park. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific result. 
Adams was great, worked hard. But Billy Gilmour, wow. 20 years old, wanders on for his first real start for Scotland in an international tournament against England at Wembley and cruises it. Best midfielder on the pitch.

Delighted with the result and the performance. 
And after watching the Czech v Croat game, we can win on Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, biffer said:

Terrific result. 
Adams was great, worked hard. But Billy Gilmour, wow. 20 years old, wanders on for his first real start for Scotland in an international tournament against England at Wembley and cruises it. Best midfielder on the pitch.

Delighted with the result and the performance. 
And after watching the Czech v Croat game, we can win on Tuesday.

Should have won the game IMO. Don't get me wrong, not a bad result. But should have taken them out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can't fault anyone but i'll give my MoM to Hanley or MGinn or Tierney or  O'Donnell or Robertson or Gilmour or Dykes or Adams or McTominay or Mcgregor or Marshall.

 

Hard to argue with that. Though Armstrong and Nisbet weren't far behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

An absolutely magnificent performance. Not a single less than 8 out of 10 in that team tonight. Even better than Serbia. Only needed a goal to make it perfect.

Where was the shredding of our right-hand side?  SOD was immense, they all were.

Let's hope Grant Hanley takes Kane out of his back pocket so it doesn't slow him down on Tuesday.

Andy Robertson? World class.  Really proud of every single one of them.

To this day, the Serbia game is the only game I can think of that was a complete team performance. I didn't want a single player subbed. Until today. Even Gilmour coming off at 78mins felt too soon.

We managed to score vs Serbia, but we did also concede. So I'll put both games equally. Tonight's might edge it if it turns out to be pivotal in us getting out the group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tartan blood said:

To this day, the Serbia game is the only game I can think of that was a complete team performance. I didn't want a single player subbed. Until today. Even Gilmour coming off at 78mins felt too soon.

We managed to score vs Serbia, but we did also concede. So I'll put both games equally. Tonight's might edge it if it turns out to be pivotal in us getting out the group.

Tonight was a far better effort, like i or not England are one of the top ten teams in the world were as Serbia are at pretty much the same level as us.

Haven't felt that competitive against a  top team since 1999, hopefully we can push on from here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Disappointing we didn't get the win, but the boys did ok. Fingers crossed we do the business on Tuesday.

Hopefully we don't need to here anymore form the Rangers bigots about how little Steve Clarke knows bout football. We know he is sad and catholic. But my goodness, he's a manager and a half. Despite what you all say.  

Stephen O'Donnell one of the best players on the park. 

What bigots? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can't fault anyone but i'll give my MoM to Hanley or MGinn or Tierney or  O'Donnell or Robertson or Gilmour or Dykes or Adams or McTominay or Mcgregor or Marshall.

 

Tough choice but I thought Hanley was exceptional 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Hopefully we don't need to here anymore form the Rangers bigots about how little Steve Clarke knows bout football. We know he is sad and catholic. But my goodness, he's a manager and a half. Despite what you all say.  

No need for that, especially after a night like this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Grant Hanley has shades of Colin Hendry about him.

The older he gets, the better he becomes.

An absolute mountain last night.

Absolutely.  Always thought previous managers threw him in at a young age expecting him to become Henrdy-esque, didn't see it at the time, but fair play it looks like the experience is paying off :ok:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Disappointing we didn't get the win, but the boys did ok. Fingers crossed we do the business on Tuesday.

Hopefully we don't need to here anymore form the Rangers bigots about how little Steve Clarke knows bout football. We know he is sad and catholic. But my goodness, he's a manager and a half. Despite what you all say.  

Stephen O'Donnell one of the best players on the park. 

I am astounded by this posting. For what could turn out to be our most significant and historic tournament performance you are totally out of order with this and should be ashamed of yourself as part of the Tartan Army. Away and play in the football related thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slasher said:

What bigots? 

My thoughts exactly Jim,  Hopefully we will get an update from the poster as to who the Rangers bigots are on here.  I would be interested to know after a statement like that.  Anyway, really proud of the performance last night.  Matched them toe to toe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

No need for that, especially after a night like this.

 

I think that says more about the poster regarding bigotry after a night like this.  Should their heads in shame with a bigoted statement like that.  Hope they feel shameful after a great performance but feel the need to bring Rangers and bigotry in to the equation.  Shameful behaviour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really glad to be proved wrong about tonight, even with a few minutes to go I thought England would pop up with a winner, it's just what they do. I actually thought we looked really comfortable, no panic, great composure and still got forward.

There's no point in celebrating if we go back to how it was on Monday, so keep it going lads!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Really glad to be proved wrong about tonight, even with a few minutes to go I thought England would pop up with a winner, it's just what they do. I actually thought we looked really comfortable, no panic, great composure and still got forward.

There's no point in celebrating if we go back to how it was on Monday, so keep it going lads!

Why didn't Clarke be more adventurous on Monday?  Just watched his interview there and talked about taking the game to England which we did.  Sure he will have regrets about that after last nights display.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.  We are still in it and everything to play for.  Brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Really glad to be proved wrong about tonight, even with a few minutes to go I thought England would pop up with a winner, it's just what they do. I actually thought we looked really comfortable, no panic, great composure and still got forward.

There's no point in celebrating if we go back to how it was on Monday, so keep it going lads!

That little mix up in the box in injury time, I thought something was going to sneak in, just felt the sort of thing we've become used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...