Scotland vs England: Match thread - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs England: Match thread

Taylor1996

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely.  Always thought previous managers threw him in at a young age expecting him to become Henrdy-esque, didn't see it at the time, but fair play it looks like the experience is paying off :ok:

He's another one who has taken so much criticism from us for so long, so delighted that he's stepped it up.

Never looked better and he's surprisingly fast! I don't remember him being this fast when he was at Blackburn, etc.

He's one that's benefitting from the 3.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

That wee raheem is a diving wee kunt.  Could you imagine they were given that?  Hope one of the Czechs batters him in the next game.

He's a cheating wee rat.  He'd have probably got that in the EPL so I'm not surprised he chanced his arm, but well done to the ref for not buying it.

Edited by scotlad

14 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

He's another one who has taken so much criticism from us for so long, so delighted that he's stepped it up.

Never looked better and he's surprisingly fast! I don't remember him being this fast when he was at Blackburn, etc.

He's one that's benefitting from the 3.

Hanley was excellent, easily his best game for Scotland.  Marked Bruce Forsyth's lovechild out of the game.

Pace has never been an issue for him but decision making has been. However, he didn't put a foot wrong last night.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

Hanley was excellent, easily his best game for Scotland.  Marked Bruce Forsyth's lovechild out of the game.

Pace has never been an issue for him but decision making has been. However, he didn't put a foot wrong last night.

And his 2nd best game was against the Czechs. He's going to be challenging for Scottish player of the tournament if he keeps it up. 

What a performance and result.

Shows what we can do & hopefully we go for it like that again on Tuesday.

Marshall, Hanley, Tierney, McTominay, Gilmour, Adams & Dykes were all immense.

Hanley is a machine & Gilmour is quickly becoming a world class player.

Great times. 

22 minutes ago, scotlad said:

lol.

His pace actually shocked me against the Czechs. When you think of Hanley the visions of a big, slow, lumbering blunderbus spring to mind.

Didn't he have the biggest pass success rate in the Championship last season? 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

lol.

His pace actually shocked me against the Czechs. When you think of Hanley the visions of a big, slow, lumbering blunderbus spring to mind.

Didn't he have the biggest pass success rate in the Championship last season? 

Aye, he kind of looks like he'd have the pace of a lobotomised sloth but he can shift when he has to.

I'm not sure about his passing stats, to be honest.  He was a regular in the Norwich team so I can believe it.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Good performance but I think ppl are getting carried away a little. We didn't thrash them 4 nil. We looked like a decent team though and we can go into the Croatia game with some optimism. 

You talk some amount of pish min, who's getting carried away?

45 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well I'd say it is the first time since we drew with Holland in Euro 96 that we have held our own against a team ranked so high in a major tournament. A lot of credit to the lads for that who are newbies at tournament football remember.

Brazil in France 98? 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes but we lost that match. I mean where we have got a result from the game.

Ah yes, fair. 

This team has the potential to be better than the 90s team. Maybe even our best team of all time? 

Here’s hoping we sneak a 1-0 Tuesday & England hump Czech 3-0 And we can look forward to Sweden in the last 16! 

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Ah yes, fair. 

This team has the potential to be better than the 90s team. Maybe even our best team of all time? 

Here’s hoping we sneak a 1-0 Tuesday & England hump Czech 3-0 And we can look forward to Sweden in the last 16! 

We need goals 

Performance brilliant,  all the plaudits great 

But we need goals 

18 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Ah yes, fair. 

2-0 to us and 1-0 to the Czechs would do I think and is also slightly more realistic. 

29 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

We can't finish above the Czechs now, so we'd need them to win. 

We’ll just have to Take it as it Comes.

Hopefully we’ll win by a couple of goals and England will lose and we can finish second and Break on Through to the last 16.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We’ll just have to Take it as it Comes.

Hopefully we’ll win by a couple of goals and England will lose and we can finish second and Break on Through to the last 16.

Like it. Some good inspiration for the Tartan Specials there. Whatever happened to them btw?