Scotland vs England: Match thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs England: Match thread

Taylor1996

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I've been watching some of the Press conferences, the questions are so pathetic, it's like the Press folks are in an episode of Quantum Leap and just leaped into the person. 

What does Ziggy say the score will be or does that depend on Sam getting Tierney fit in time?

4 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I've been watching some of the Press conferences, the questions are so pathetic, it's like the Press folks are in an episode of Quantum Leap and just leaped into the person. 

:-))

"Oh boy!"

Stephen O'Donnell at kick off on Monday. 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The over-riding hope for me is to do ourselves proud and get any kind of a positive result. Most of all don't get embarrassed. At least try and make our final match a relevant game with qualifying hopes still alive.

For me it's about creating history tonight by beating them. I'm sick of the plucky Scotland tag and being proud of a loss.

England aren't that good, the task has been amplified because we lost to the Czech Rep but England aren't the superstars they are made out to be.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

For me it's about creating history tonight by beating them. I'm sick of the plucky Scotland tag and being proud of a loss.

England aren't that good, the task has been amplified because we lost to the Czech Rep but England aren't the superstars they are made out to be.

Oh yes I get that feeling too but have been there before to no avail. A win tonight would be immense after the last few days.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

8 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Right now the weather is fuckin ridiculous. If this keeps up, not sure how it will affect the game. Will be treacherous for the keepers.

Aye heavy rain all day in London could affect how the game will be played so I’ll go for a 0-0 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That would be a great chant to get going If he is at the game this time.

:sing: Spoon bending bastard, your just a spoon bending bastard. :lol:

Or if Scotland win 'You can stick your Uri Geller Up Your Arse'

Or...

'He's gone home, he's gone home. Uri's pissed off home'.

🤣

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

All I've got to say on this matter is - come on to fuck Scotland!

This : let's get fuckin stuck in. 

BELIEVE! This game reminds me of 1999 play off. Lost first leg 2-0. Heads were down but we all know what happened in second leg.

C'mon Scotland. Make history.

3 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Got a feeling that Wembley might become a home game tonight.. no way that many folk are going down to watch game in a London pub.

Bit tricky to score a ticket plus lateral flow test outside the ground. 

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

True : though remember both sides get 10% official tickets. The rest of the tickets were a public ballot via UEFA (so Scot got equal chance for 80% of them).

43 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You can have done a test yesterday and try get a ticket today. 

The BBC interviewed this Wales fan about what he hoped for from his team. He said something like 'I want them to play as proud and hard for their country as I would if I was good enough.' Can't say better than that.

Show the players some of the BBC and ITV pundits writing them off. One of the BBC blokes - Jermaine whatsisface - has gone for 4-0 England. That should fire the players up.

Get in there. Believe. Don't give them an inch. Don't believe their hype and they'll start to doubt it as well.

3 hours ago, in5omniac said:

What does Ziggy say the score will be or does that depend on Sam getting Tierney fit in time?

We never found out - Al got distracted by an attractive PR lassie who was in the room.

2 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Aye heavy rain all day in London could affect how the game will be played so I’ll go for a 0-0 

I'd take that as a result in a heartbeat!

We can get something today but not if we show them too much respect, like we did, for instance, when we played Russia (a fairly unremarkable side).

Forget about that daft mathematics thread. Players have got to do the business tonight, believe in themselves fully. If truly fking up in the last game in our own stadium isn’t motivation enough then I don’t know what is.  If they turn up and play rubbish, no bottle and within themselves then fk em. Not interested.