Denmark v Belgium - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark v Belgium

gkm_vancouver

12 minutes ago, darkbluegas said:

If I’ve got this right Denmark and Finland could both end on 3 points and Denmark have a better goal difference but Finland are third due to the head to head result. If Belgium hammer Finland this would play right into our hands 

I'm delighted with Belgium fighting back today, as long as Belgium beat Finland then this group suits us totally.  I understand we still have to take care of ourselves.  

15 minutes ago, darkbluegas said:

If I’ve got this right Denmark and Finland could both end on 3 points and Denmark have a better goal difference but Finland are third due to the head to head result. If Belgium hammer Finland this would play right into our hands 

could happen, yes. However - and someone please correct me if I’m wrong - if Denmark beat Russia and Belgium beat Finland, it leaves 3 teams on 3 points, so it goes back to goal difference. 

if that does happen, we’d want Belgium to pump Finland and Denmark to pump Russia so their goal difference is terrible.

I think. I’ve been playing golf in the sun and had a pint, so I may be inaccurate.

36 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Denmark and Turkey were both dark horses going into this tournament, both on zero points after two games.

I think Denmark have a pretty valid reason for having zero points so far. They'd have beaten Finland on the opening day had Eriksen not collapsed, they were miles ahead. Even after the restart Finland only managed one shot on goal and Denmark missed a penalty. 

Can consider themselves unlucky tonight also. 

They'll beat Russia in the last game and go through I think. 

Turkey on the other hand have been absolutely garbage 

Edited by Lion Rampant

28 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Denmark no great shakes. No bed wetting in the World Cup. 

Lol, they done pretty well against a team that pumps us. They also beat our biggest rivals 4 nil away from home in our group. A team we couldn't beat at home. We will be lucky to get a draw out both games with Denmark. 

39 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

could happen, yes. However - and someone please correct me if I’m wrong - if Denmark beat Russia and Belgium beat Finland, it leaves 3 teams on 3 points, so it goes back to goal difference. 

if that does happen, we’d want Belgium to pump Finland and Denmark to pump Russia so their goal difference is terrible.

I think. I’ve been playing golf in the sun and had a pint, so I may be inaccurate.

I did have the same thought walking the dog after I posted. I’m sure it’ll come down to a coin toss. 

56 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol, they done pretty well against a team that pumps us. They also beat our biggest rivals 4 nil away from home in our group. A team we couldn't beat at home. We will be lucky to get a draw out both games with Denmark. 

They’re not an elite team as was claimed on here a few months back. When Belgium brought on their half fit star players the game was soon over. 

Belgium are a really good team, Denmark are not.  Neither are Austria. 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

They’re not an elite team as was claimed on here a few months back. When Belgium brought on their half fit star players the game was soon over. 

Belgium are a really good team, Denmark are not.  Neither are Austria. 

Who claimed they were an elite team?

Denmark created half a dozen good chances in the second half and could have been 2 up at HT. 

They might not be an elite team but they are probably a level above us.