European Football 21/22 - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Why is it always them, thats the question.

It does look like there was some heavy handed stuff from the police, but there's also videos of fans climbing walls and fences, shoving stewards and police out of the way etc. Of course they all had French accents or Real Madrid tops on according to the most offended fans ever

Have Celtic issued a statement of solidarity yet ?

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got an Arsenal season ticket ( long story ) and can categorically say that Liverpool are the worst away support that come to the Emirates.

Could tell you countless tales about them over the years, they're also a bit thick, common chant from them is “Dirty Tory B@stards” to the Arsenal fans, Borough of Islington and Finsbury Park has been a Labour stronghold since the 1960’s.

Edited by Jersey Jim

58 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’ve got an Arsenal season ticket ( long story ) and can categorically say that Liverpool are the worst away support that come to the Emirates.

Could tell you countless tales about them over the years, they're also a bit thick, common chant from them is “Dirty Tory B@stards” to the Arsenal fans, Borough of Islington and Finsbury Park has been a Labour stronghold since the 1960’s.

According to a few Sunderland and Newcastle fans I know Everton fans are the worst visiting fans 

15 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I had a season ticket at another London club for 16 years and I found Liverpool had by far the worst visiting fans. Their enduring sense of victimhood, when in reality they’re just trouble makers, is quite tiresome

Apparently only 2 out of 13 turnstiles open. Not sure how accurate that story is but I have noticed myself attending matches this is not unusual. Fans queuing too long always causes unnecessary problems. I'm sure someone from UEFA will be along soon to say lessons will be learnt 🙄

The french are sticking to their story. Fake tickets on an industrial scale are to blame according to the french, up to 40,000 fake tickets, really?

I am not sure the Livepool fans are to blame this time. The security operation looked like a joke, trying to get such high numbers of fans through such a narrow gap was mental and then everyone penned in because only 2 turnstiles open from 10. The initial narrative was the fans turning up late, some of those fans were waiting and starting to get crushed for 2 to 3 hours. 

There will be fans who created mayhem last Wednesday. These fans will have contributed to the problem. But there is footage of police literally pepper spraying fans as they walk through entry points having presented legitimate tickets. That needs investigating. 

Edited by EddardStark

Liverpool fans always have a story about how many fans they get into games without tickets etc. Its often told in a romantic way, for example theres been loads made about Istanbul, the real numbers inside the stadium. Fathers and sons going through the turnstiles with just 1 ticket etc. Thats all good when nothing goes wrong but modern stadiums are designed for the attendence capactity and thats it. Theres no scope for an extra 10,000 fans.

I have no doubt that a huge number of Liverpool fans turned up with fake tickets or just hoping to get in somehow. Just look at the Euro final as a recent example of this chancing behaviour.

The problem is that the good fans of which there are many get caught up in it all. With the additional issue of nobody wanting to highlight any of the above because of Hillsbourgh.

That and no doubt the french authorities approach will have been rubbish and then heavy handed.

The problem as i alluded to before is that in Seville both Celtic and Rangers had far more fans without tickets than with and nothing like this happened

You can also count France 98 - there must have been 10 times the number of fans without tickets than those that had them for our game against Brazil and nothing like this happened

We seem to have a mentality that if you havent got a ticket you find a good boozer or fan park to watch it long before kick off

Why do Liverpool fans not have the same ?

Any accurate figures of how many Liverpool fans turned up without tickets and how that impacted on people with tickets not getting in? 

From the limited footage I’ve seen it didn’t look like the most efficient and safest way to get thousands of fans into a stadium. 

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Any accurate figures of how many Liverpool fans turned up without tickets and how that impacted on people with tickets not getting in? 

From the limited footage I’ve seen it didn’t look like the most efficient and safest way to get thousands of fans into a stadium. 

I doubt that will ever be known

From the timeline that the cameras were on those outside - the stadium looked pretty full

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The problem as i alluded to before is that in Seville both Celtic and Rangers had far more fans without tickets than with and nothing like this happened

You can also count France 98 - there must have been 10 times the number of fans without tickets than those that had them for our game against Brazil and nothing like this happened

We seem to have a mentality that if you havent got a ticket you find a good boozer or fan park to watch it long before kick off

Why do Liverpool fans not have the same ?

The thing is, how do we know they didn't go find a pub or fan zone this time?

The massive crowds crammed together outside were like that because of the police check point and lack of turnstiles open

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The thing is, how do we know they didn't go find a pub or fan zone this time?

The massive crowds crammed together outside were like that because of the police check point and lack of turnstiles open

Obviously some did and no doubt the check point kettled them in

However my point above stands - the stadium looked almost full when there were thousands still outside

So either there were thousands of fans inside with fake tickets (unlikely) or there were thousands of fans outside with no tickets or fake ones

The only other scenario would be there were thousands of fans outside and there were thousands of empty seats inside

Thats the bit that needs to be clarified

26 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Obviously some did and no doubt the check point kettled them in

However my point above stands - the stadium looked almost full when there were thousands still outside

So either there were thousands of fans inside with fake tickets (unlikely) or there were thousands of fans outside with no tickets or fake ones

The only other scenario would be there were thousands of fans outside and there were thousands of empty seats inside

Thats the bit that needs to be clarified

I know it's all guesswork at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised loads of them got in with "fake" tickets and by the time the authorities noticed, it was too late. They then realised that thousands with real tickets were going to have to be locked out. Panic stations set in amongst those who were supposed to be in control.

Ever since we moved to QR code tickets at Hampden I've been expecting something like this to happen. 

20 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Ever since we moved to QR code tickets at Hampden I've been expecting something like this to happen. 

Pretty certain there was an issue at a Kilmarnock v Rangers game a few years ago. Rangers fans discovered that the QR codes could be used more than once, and there ended up being far more of the in the stand than there should have been. Might have been Steve Clarkes final game, when they cut back on the away allocation.

Regarding Liverpool fans, there might well be one time when they are all completely innocent, but going on past behaviours, very few people will believe them. A journalist has reported that he had difficulty getting into the stadium, as his ticket didn't scan a few times, so there could actually be an issue. Why were Real Madrid fans unaffected by any issues, its anyones guess.

Hungary expecting a crowd of 30 000 v England on Saturday for a game being played behind closed doors because of racist behaviour, children under 14 can attend if accompanied by an adult. UEFA/FIFA’s anti racism punishments really are farcical 

Just now, dan cake said:

Hungary expecting a crowd of 30 000 v England on Saturday for a game being played behind closed doors because of racist behaviour, children under 14 can attend if accompanied by an adult. UEFA/FIFA’s anti racism punishments really are farcical 

Was there not a game recently where it was mostly kids due to a ban for racism and they were booing black players and the mayor or prime minister went mental when the press brought it up? 

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Was there not a game recently where it was mostly kids due to a ban for racism and they were booing black players and the mayor or prime minister went mental when the press brought it up? 

In fact it was a Rangers game in Prague I think, after all the Kamara stuff.