European Football 21/22 - Page 38 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Madrid robbed by that decision.

Defo Offside. The Madrid guy gets a toe on it then it comes off the Liverpool defenders knee. As soon as the Madrid guy touches the ball Benzema is offside. Don't know why it took them so long to decide.

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Looked like Fabinho played it last but the commentators saying apparently if it’s a deflection by the Liverpool player it’s still offside, never heard that before. Don’t even think his touch could be described as a deflection either.

Know what you mean. I understand the ‘deflection’ rule, but that was more of a ‘ricochet’ - no sure what that would come under right enough! 🤨

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Real Madrid are totally winning this

Called it! 
A pretty poor final won by one of the smartest coaches around…. oh and the goalie wisnae bad either 👍

Edited by slasher

43 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Know what you mean. I understand the ‘deflection’ rule, but that was more of a ‘ricochet’ - no sure what that would come under right enough! 🤨

The deflection had nothing to do with it. The Madrid guy played the ball forward when Benzema was in an offside position. 

That was the worst European final I've ever seen, if that's the way champions league finals are played,football is dead, Real Madrid played it like a game of chess, that might be healthy for them but not for football, in fact fuck of to your super league n let teams who want to win a big European cup compete against each other ,instead of me keeping up my 8 n 7  year olds up to watch that thinkin if you can emulate that  your a winner.  They  seen nothing that impressed them and to be honest I was thinkin if  either of you ever play in a team like that you're a wanker not  a winner

Liverpool want a formal investigation into last night's crowd issue.

Is this a case of be careful what you wish for from Liverpool or do they have a genuine grievance here?

The pics I have seen look like a crush was developing however the venue was built to hold the biggest sporting events. The stadium regularly has to cope with full houses like a world cup final, France football and rugby internationals, what happened last night that has angered Liverpool?

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is this a case of be careful what you wish for from Liverpool or do they have a genuine grievance here?

The pics I have seen look like a crush was developing however the venue was built to hold the biggest sporting events. The stadium regularly has to cope with full houses like a world cup final, France football and rugby internationals, what happened last night that has angered Liverpool?

Obviously no-one (yet) knows what really happened, but Real fans never seemed to have any issues I don’t think…..

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Obviously no-one (yet) knows what really happened, but Real fans never seemed to have any issues I don’t 

The narrative from talksport seems to be this was down to stadium organisers and security. 

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Loved this comment on social media last night

“Michael Owen thinks Liverpool and Man City are better than Real Madrid.

If only there was a way - perhaps some sort of competition - to help determine it.”

Isn't he well lnow for being a total gluepot?

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Obviously no-one (yet) knows what really happened, but Real fans never seemed to have any issues I don’t think…..

There was a video of some Real fans trying to climb the fence at their end of the Stadium but it was a very small amount and did not replicate the scenes at the Liverpool end

Clearly with all games of this type fans will try and turn up at the stadium without a ticket in the hope of securing one

Liverpool seem to take it to another level

I did not see any scenes like that from Celtic or Rangers fans in Seville where arguably there were far more ticketless fans there for the experience 

I think UEFA and local authorities really need to look at ticketing  security and organisation around the ground.  It’s been happening too often. Some Liverpool  fans really are knobs but a lot of decent fans   missed the game and experienced a scary situation. Lots of forged tickets around last night. 

From memory getting into the Stade de France can require a bit of patience which I’m guessing was in short supply last night. However tear gassing and pepper spraying families with kids is a bit much. 

5 hours ago, slasher said:

From memory getting into the Stade de France can require a bit of patience which I’m guessing was in short supply last night. However tear gassing and pepper spraying families with kids is a bit much. 

yeah, however looking at the picture in the paper this morning, that's not the route I've taken before to get into that part of the stadium (although that was a few years back). Wonder if they have changed it?

Easier to get into the other end, as its not far from the station.

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why is it always them, thats the question.

It does look like there was some heavy handed stuff from the police, but there's also videos of fans climbing walls and fences, shoving stewards and police out of the way etc. Of course they all had French accents or Real Madrid tops on according to the most offended fans ever