European Football 21/22 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Hard to see Bassey bring here next season. I think McGregor, Barisic, Goldson, Kamara, Aribo, Davis, Kent, Itten, Morelos and Sakala will all be away.

I expect Dutch, Croatians and Billy Gilmour on loan. 

What are you basing Billy Gilmour on? 

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

What are you basing Billy Gilmour on? 

Some unsubstantiated paper talk, but I do think it is a realistic possibility since Rangers are guaranteed European football (and Davis will probably retire). Having Gilmour and Lowry in the same team would be something to look forward to. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Some unsubstantiated paper talk, but I do think it is a realistic possibility since Rangers are guaranteed European football (and Davis will probably retire). Having Gilmour and Lowry in the same team would be something to look forward to. 

Davis has said he wants to play on. 

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I rate Gilmour higher than any Scottish player in the last 20 years but for some reason i could see him not being a certain starter for Rangers. Gio has tended to play with 2 out and out defensive midfielders like Jack and Lundstrum and then 1 more attacking player like Aribo. Sometimes he even has a defensive player in the attacking role in Kamara.

Id much rather see Gilmour go abroad. Especially to Spain where I think he could star for any club.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I rate Gilmour higher than any Scottish player in the last 20 years but for some reason i could see him not being a certain starter for Rangers. Gio has tended to play with 2 out and out defensive midfielders like Jack and Lundstrum and then 1 more attacking player like Aribo. Sometimes he even has a defensive player in the attacking role in Kamara.

I think you’re right but it’s not that Rangers are a defensively set up team but rather that a big part of Rangers attacking shape involves both full backs getting forwards - a stock goal over the last couple ofyears has been a cross from Barasic and Tavernier on the far post.  Unless you have the two anchors in midfield, that’s going to leave you completely exposed. 

I've got a bad feeling Liverpool will get thumped 4 nil tomorrow night. 

I think there's a certain arrogance and showmanship about Jurgen Klopp going into this one. Based on his comments about Gerrard doing him a favour last week in the Premier league. 

I think Benezema and Co will dominate them. 

Like every Scotland fan I'm worried Andy Robertson will be gubbed for the Ukraine match midweek. 

I hope I'm proved wrong and Liverpool win the match, and superpower, superhuman Scotland captain Robertson takes us to glory against Ukraine. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

6 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

I think there's a certain arrogance and showmanship about Jurgen Klopp going into this one. Based on his comments about Gerrard doing him a favour last week in the Premier league. 

Like every Scotland fan I'm worried Andy Robertson will be gubbed for the Ukraine match midweek. 

I hope I'm proved wrong and Liverpool win the match, and superpower, superhuman Scotland captain Robertson takes us to glory against Ukraine. 

For a guy who dislikes this forum you sure as fuck post a lot on it.🤣🤣

12 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

This doesn't make any sense. Outwith injury to him, however Liverpool fare this evening will have no impact on Robertson's showing for Scotland on Wednesday.

22 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

This doesn't make any sense. Outwith injury to him, however Liverpool fare this evening will have no impact on Robertson's showing for Scotland on Wednesday.

Agree. Robertson will be up for the Scotland match. Just hope this match tonight ends in 90 minutes. ET and penalties are exciting, but we need Robbo as much rest as possible before we fuck over the Ukranians!!!

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Liverpool fans causing bother delaying kickoff in the CL final. What a class act...

Looks an absolute shambles going by Twitter vids. Gates getting locked, fans outside with tickets getting pepper sprayed, fans climbing the fences….

Cannot believe the scenes of cunts without tickets climbing over fences to get into the stadium and barging through gates

WTF! I tune in at 8.28 and the pitch is covered in plastic and sum burd is belting out a tune with fireworks a a gazillion extras

Sigh... What time is this game realistically starting.

I am very tired already. 😀

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe wait for the inevitable fall out before blaming fans 

Yeah it's never the fans fault that they have to climb over fences and barge through gates