European Football 21/22 - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Rangers are a very good side, they’ve proven that consistently in Europe over the last few years. It’s almost as though the squad has grown and evolved to be competitive at this level culminating in this particular run. Van Bronkhorst has been particularly adept at getting a tune out of some of the fringe players over the last few ties.

To be honest it makes our impending title win all the more noteworthy. Hopefully Rangers run to the final will encourage the complacent cunts in our boardroom to keep standards high. We have the makings of a good side but there’s still much to be done.

Any of our resident currant buns heading for Seville will have a fantastic time, it really is a beautiful city. If any of you are intent on travelling by train from one of the costas I’d be booking seats now (if any left) . The Spanish don’t do ‘standing room only.’ No ticket, no seat, no seat - no travel. I’m sure there will be plenty of supporter busses from the likes of Benalmadena, Torremolinos etc.

As for the game itself I think it’s 50/50. Eintracht are a beatable but dangerous opponent. Of course I can’t extend to wishing them good luck, but I hope any of our resident tambers travelling are able to enjoy what will be a fantastic experience win or lose, without it being ruined for them by cretins as Manchester was.

Honestly I can see trouble happening. There will be a lot less cretins than in Manchester sue to the cost and ease of travel but there will still probably end up atleast 30000-50000 Rangers fans so you'll still get quite a few bams.

If Rangers were playing a team liepzig with few fans it would probably pass without massive trouble (probably just the usual shite). The problem is Frankfurt have a massive and very passionate fan base, who are also mental. Basically I can see a big brawl happening regardless of who wins. Hopefully it passes without much trouble and both just get pissed together. 

I'd say Frankfurt are slight favourites, they have some very good players. Rangers have a good chance but I was more confident against Zenit in 2018 and they walked through us. This Rangers side is a better pressing and attacking unit than that ultra defensive Rangers side that anti footballed our way there.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Sorted that. 

I'll be fine. 

I've already accepted 2 Corinthians 4:4 "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Sevco are just satan's football team.

Not a biggie for me in the grand scheme.

22 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I'd say Frankfurt are slight favourites, 

Hmm not sure I'd agree with that. Frankfurt are a mid-table Bundesliga side whereas Rangers have already beaten Red Bull Leipzig who are 5th and Borussia Dortmund second in the Bundesliga. That suggests strongly that RBL and Borussia Dortmund are far better than Frankfurt. Obviously, caution is needed though.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm not sure I'd agree with that. Frankfurt are a mid-table Bundesliga side whereas Rangers have already beaten Red Bull Leipzig who are 5th and Borussia Dortmund second in the Bundesliga. That suggests strongly that RBL and Borussia Dortmund are far better than Frankfurt. Obviously, caution is needed though.

I did think that as well and the logic lies in what you're saying however by and large I think any team from the top leagues England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy would always start favourites against a Scottish team in a one off tie.  We've been underdogs pretty much the whole way through so I'm happy to take that tag in to the final.

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I did think that as well and the logic lies in what you're saying however by and large I think any team from the top leagues England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy would always start favourites against a Scottish team in a one off tie.  We've been underdogs pretty much the whole way through so I'm happy to take that tag in to the final.

Well that goes against the grain given that Rangers have already put out two BuNdesliga teams and one from Portuguese league which is recognised as being stronger than the SPL.

7 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If Rangers were playing a team liepzig with few fans it would probably pass without massive trouble (probably just the usual shite). The problem is Frankfurt have a massive and very passionate fan base, who are also mental. Basically I can see a big brawl happening regardless of who wins. Hopefully it passes without much trouble and both just get pissed together. 

Factoring in Biris Norte, the Sevilla left wing ultras, and lots of Union flags and Nazi salutes, I'm calling carnage from a particularly toxic mix. Gol Sur from Betis will probably feel left out and get involved too. 

Spanish polis don't arse about when it comes to hooliganism, they make Police Scotland look tame by comparison.

They won't be afraid of some middle aged, overweight, Scottish males acting like hard men.

When Celtic played Valencia (over there) a few years back, quite a number of their travelling support acted like fannies and were taught a painful lesson by the local polis.

Rangers fans travelling to Seville would do well to remember that.

29 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Spanish polis don't arse about when it comes to hooliganism, they make Police Scotland look tame by comparison.

They won't be afraid of some middle aged, overweight, Scottish males acting like hard men.

When Celtic played Valencia (over there) a few years back, quite a number of their travelling support acted like fannies and were taught a painful lesson by the local polis.

Rangers fans travelling to Seville would do well to remember that.

See if you don’t know the facts don’t post fuckin shite to try and make a point, I was actually there.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

See if you don’t know the facts don’t post fuckin shite to try and make a point, I was actually there.

Alright, what was your version of events ? I'm interested to hear your side.

There are quite a lot of Celtic fans who will freely admit that in recent years, a significant ned element has latched onto the support for European away games.

17 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There are quite a lot of Celtic fans who will freely admit that in recent years, a significant ned element has latched onto the support for European away games.

So, you post absolute lies on what basis I don’t know but I have to explain it? Fuck off you utter cockwomble!

Edited by slasher

17 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Only six fans arrested, police forced to use batons and rubber bullets.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/six-celtic-fans-arrested-valencia-14031527

Obviously nothing of note happened.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

So, you post absolute lies on what basis I don’t know but I have to explain it? Fuck off you utter cockwomble!

I was genuinely interested in what your account of the events was.

Sorry I asked.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

I was genuinely interested in what your account of the events was.

Sorry I asked.

The facts are out there. Maybe you can explain where your original account came from?

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

The facts are out there. Maybe you can explain where your original account came from?

That six policemen and a local resident required hospital treatment as a result of missiles thrown by Celtic supporters ?

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That six policemen and a local resident required hospital treatment as a result of missiles thrown by Celtic supporters ?

You didn’t answer the question 

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

You didn’t answer the question 

It was quite extensively covered online by a wide variety of Scottish, Spanish and wider European news sources.

I accept that the majority of fans behaved themselves and maybe one or two got caught in the crossfire.

The uncomfortable fact still remains that a couple of hundred pissed/coked up neds in Celtic colours embarrassed their club and their fellow supporters who had behaved themselves.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It was quite extensively covered online by a wide variety of Scottish, Spanish and wider European news sources.

I accept that the majority of fans behaved themselves and maybe one or two got caught in the crossfire.

The uncomfortable fact still remains that a couple of hundred pissed/coked up neds in Celtic colours embarrassed their club and their fellow supporters who had behaved themselves.

That’s not what happened. Tell me if provoked and attacked by a foreign police unit or any established force of authority is it our duty to take a doing?

1 minute ago, slasher said:

That’s not what happened. Tell me if provoked and attacked by a foreign police unit or any established force of authority is it our duty to take a doing?

I think just being quiet and moving along would have been a more sensible action.

Call me mad, but getting battered by polis over a daft fitba match really is not on my list of things to do before I die.