European Football 21/22 - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Thought we played well for 30 mins after half time. They had some real chances that should have been put away. On that basis we are still well in this tie.

No away goals is a real bonus when you play your home tie second. Especially when you haven’t scored in the first leg. 

10/1 seems a crazy price to win 2 games, 1 at home then a possible final against hardly one of the leading lights in Europe.

30 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am reading they also circled the Leipzig team coach and gave them a rousing rendition of "Up to our knees". How on earth this behavior continues is beyond me. It's sickening !!

Every club has arseholes within their support Ramy, BUT some of the songs from the Rangers support last night was fucking shocking considering whats going on in Eastern Europe at the moment (and could get much (much) worse), It's exactly what you would expect from the England support playing Germany in the 1980's / 90's !!

Ignorant & drunk at best, brain dead fuckwits otherwise.

1 hour ago, glasgow jock said:

Every club has arseholes within their support Ramy, BUT some of the songs from the Rangers support last night was fucking shocking considering whats going on in Eastern Europe at the moment (and could get much (much) worse), It's exactly what you would expect from the England support playing Germany in the 1980's / 90's !!

Ignorant & drunk at best, brain dead fuckwits otherwise.

Totally agree GJ. We have idiots anaw in our support, but these tramps take it to a whole new level. Fuckin Reprobates...

Good luck to Rangers on Thursday.  What a marvellous sight  it would be seeing a Scottish club in a European final again.  And if they were to win it?  Well, Kenny Dalglish believes that would be the biggest achievement ever by a Scottish club and given how money has changed football I would tend to agree.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Good luck to Rangers on Thursday.  What a marvellous sight  it would be seeing a Scottish club in a European final again.  And if they were to win it?  Well, Kenny Dalglish believes that would be the biggest achievement ever by a Scottish club and given how money has changed football I would tend to agree.

Knickers

I have no love for Celtic however what they did in 1967 will never, ever be repeated

All but 2 of the 15 man squad were born within 10 miles of Celtic Park - Gemmell was 11 miles and Lennox was 30

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Knickers

I have no love for Celtic however what they did in 1967 will never, ever be repeated

All but 2 of the 15 man squad were born within 10 miles of Celtic Park - Gemmell was 11 miles and Lennox was 30

yeah, totally different times then and that’s the point.  Scotland were serious players in the European scene then…. Celtic won four ties to get get to the final… Zurich, Nantes, DuklaPrague, and Yugoslav champs.

Rangers and Celtic are small beer compared to the big clubs now which makes it a bigger achievement according to Dalglish.

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I'll pass on wishing good luck to the most bigoted club in Scotland. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:02 AM, Malcolm said:

I am just reading this for the first time. Oh my fuck !! The Lisbon Lions would wipe the fuckin floor with this sevco mob. As Ally Bongo pointed out, the entire team born within a 25 mile radius of Glasgow, winning the biggest prize in European club football, and the first British team to do so. That can never be repeated !!! Kenny Dalglish can get to fuck with those comments, and anybody else who agrees with him. The Europa Cup is nae even the top prize, the CL is.. I dinnae know where some folks hieds are these days.. Diabolical. I need a lie doon..

On 5/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Knickers

Back then clubs played with local players because it wasn't that common for clubs to sign loads of foreign talent. As much as I can't stand Rangers..............if they won the Europa league it would be up there with the greatest achievements by a club from Scotland.

I don;t think its fair to compare 67 with Rangers potentially winning the Europa league 55 years later. two completely different 

In saying the above I hope Rangers get royally humped on Thursday. Mon the Red Bull

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Back then clubs played with local players because it wasn't that common for clubs to sign loads of foreign talent. As much as I can't stand Rangers..............if they won the Europa league it would be up there with the greatest achievements by a club from Scotland.

I don;t think its fair to compare 67 with Rangers potentially winning the Europa league 55 years later. two completely different 

In saying the above I hope Rangers get royally humped on Thursday. Mon the Red Bull

I know you’ll say anything in order to avoid being in agreement with Ramy, but, jeez, have a wee lie down. The two are not remotely in the same stratosphere. It gets harder to acknowledge the further away in time the achievement gets, but I’m sure you can access a video of it. Blimey. That’s an incredible take.

8 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I know you’ll say anything in order to avoid being in agreement with Ramy, but, jeez, have a wee lie down. The two are not remotely in the same stratosphere. It gets harder to acknowledge the further away in time the achievement gets, but I’m sure you can access a video of it. Blimey. That’s an incredible take.

I just Said you can't really compare them both because they are so far apart. Not sure why I need have a lie down for saying that. The game has changed so much in 55 years its not fair to compare them 

Your first sentence is utter mince by the way. This has nothing to do with the Canadian gump. I responded to someone else. I doubt anyone on this board detests rangers as much as me but at least I have the sense to acknowledge the magnitude of what they could be about to do.

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I just Said you can't really compare them both because they are so far apart. Not sure why I need have a lie down for saying that. The game has changed so much in 55 years its not fair to compare them 

Your first sentence is utter mince by the way. This has nothing to do with the Canadian gump. I responded to someone else. I doubt anyone on this board detests rangers as much as me but at least I have the sense to acknowledge the magnitude of what they could be about to do.

It’s not mince. Your whole TAMB persona is based around a dislike, and attempted winding up, of somebody else. 

The achievement is still in the balance. If it were to come to pass, it would be extremely noteworthy. But you had the temerity to compare it to a genuine mould-breaking team of immense talent. It’s a ridiculous comparison, as well as a quite premature one.

4 minutes ago, duncan II said:

It’s not mince. Your whole TAMB persona is based around a dislike, and attempted winding up, of somebody else. 

The achievement is still in the balance. If it were to come to pass, it would be extremely noteworthy. But you had the temerity to compare it to a genuine mould-breaking team of immense talent. It’s a ridiculous comparison, as well as a quite premature one.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I didn;t compare them at all, I literally said you can't compare either achievement. read my post again

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Spot on !! 👍

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

You know absolutely nothing about me. I didn;t compare them at all, I literally said you can't compare either achievement. read my post again

There is NOTHING to know about yae. You've got a big empty hied !!

I think a few people are missing the point here (and some probably not even realising there is one). As far as I can see the point that is being made is that when Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 the financial disparity between the big leagues and the rest of us didn’t exists then.  Celtic’s achievement was phenomenal and should never be belittled however IF Rangers were to win it it would be done over coming a significant obstacle that wasn’t in place in 1967 (or in 72 when Rangers won the ECWC). 

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think a few people are missing the point here (and some probably not even realising there is one). As far as I can see the point that is being made is that when Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 the financial disparity between the big leagues and the rest of us didn’t exists then.  Celtic’s achievement was phenomenal and should never be belittled however IF Rangers were to win it it would be done over coming a significant obstacle that wasn’t in place in 1967 (or in 72 when Rangers won the ECWC). 

Celtic won the Gold medal, sevco are playing to win the Silver medal.. Case closed. Hope they get fuckin pumped by Leipzig anyway.. We will never here the end of it and more memorial benches will pay a heavy price...

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Spot in FB.