European Football 21/22 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I see Moldova have a team in the CL. They beat Shaktar 2 nil tonight 

UEFA need to investigate what is going on there. Moldovan national I follow on Twitter put an amazing thread about them on Aug 26. Check it out. Basically the club is a money laundering front for drug and gun smuggling. Sheriff is a supermarket chain owned by the same mafia like organisation but I suppose to outsiders it makes it look legit.

@SlavaMalamud is the twitter account to look for if interested.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

UEFA need to investigate what is going on there. Moldovan national I follow on Twitter put an amazing thread about them on Aug 26. Check it out. Basically the club is a money laundering front for drug and gun smuggling. Sheriff is a supermarket chain owned by the same mafia like organisation but I suppose to outsiders it makes it look legit.

Thanks Morrie. I'll have a read 

Been a while since you posted any boxing articles. Anything new? 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Chris Sutton being unhappy always pleases me however, without knowing all the facts, this looks like another PR fuck up from Rangers. 

I agree. Sutton is a total wank but there's no need for such childish behaviour 

Screenshot_20210916-205110_Chrome.jpg

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Chris Sutton being unhappy always pleases me however, without knowing all the facts, this looks like another PR fuck up from Rangers. 

He certainly sees things through green coloured glasses but I do like the fact that he's one of the few BBC pundits who will stick up for Scottish football. Agree about the PR though.

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks Morrie. I'll have a read 

Been a while since you posted any boxing articles. Anything new? 

Hi mate. That Josh Taylor piece I wrote in May was my last boxing piece. Totally drifted away from following the sport really although the folks over at NY Fights keep in touch and say anytime I feel like it they will run any boxing articles I write.

Been covering football much more since then. Was pretty pleased with the work I did on the Euros and then turned my attention to Serie A and the recent Scotland games for the multi-sport site spitballingpod. I am moving out of my comfort zone next weekend, covering the Ryder Cup - something new for me.

Here's a link to my author page on spitballingpod if you are interested:

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football?author=5cadaa1c071e78000165e059#show-archive

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Hi mate. That Josh Taylor piece I wrote in May was my last boxing piece. Totally drifted away from following the sport really although the folks over at NY Fights keep in touch and say anytime I feel like it they will run any boxing articles I write.

Been covering football much more since then. Was pretty pleased with the work I did on the Euros and then turned my attention to Serie A and the recent Scotland games for the multi-sport site spitballingpod. I am moving out of my comfort zone next weekend, covering the Ryder Cup - something new for me.

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football?author=5cadaa1c071e78000165e059#show-archive

Thanks Morrie. Will take a look

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 4:55 PM, morrie21 said:

They're up 2 1 against Real Madrid

On 9/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, morrie21 said:

That’s a good read 👍

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

They're up 2 1 against Real Madrid

Noticed that score when I looked at Livescore earlier. A famous win for them, one which may attract some mainstream attention. I'm sure they will have their story straight though.

They won their first group game too so 6 points so far. I guess Inter will hand them back to back defeats in the next two games but they will still be in with a shout of making the knock out stages. 

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Coefficient taking a bit of a hiding this season , there is always the conference league after xmas

It's going to be incredibly tough to hold onto 11th place this season. Rangers and Celtic need to hit form in Europe or we couy lose the automatic champions league place and the Europa League playoff place we've got.

That's a big blow not only for top but also for whoever wins the Scottish Cup/finishes 3rd.

Affa quiet last night, are Thursdays not normally when Ramy wished Ange and the bhoys good luck and it’s filled with boooommmmsssss?

Ah well, I’m sure he’ll be back Sunday when the multi million pound squad hammer Aberdeen like nothing has happened 🙄