European Football 21/22 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Whit??!!  A live game and it's not Rangers or Celtic? I'd like to speak to a Manager please.

They've got spurs on premier 1. 

I like the premier sports coverage. Better than sky or BT

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

All the best to St johnstone, I'd love to see them make the group stages.

Can you imagine?

2 domestic cups and the groups of a European tournament.

All the very best to The Saintees! 👍

I have a bad feeling about aberdeen tonight...

I'm my usual optimistic self. :)

...excuses about the pitch already coming out...

From Cormack maybe, but Glass saying it's the same for both teams. (Might even be to our advantage.)

...and the raith game was a disgrace

It was.

Seven!!! changes.

Agreed with resting Considine, however, we learned nothing from the Livingston (6 changes) game.

Start an almost best 11, then hand it over to McGinn, Jenks, Gurr, etc. for the second half.

Our top players ended up coming on anyway, with Hedges getting injured feeling he had to chase down a ball late.

We should never have been in that position.

It's beyond frustrating.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The only positive to celtic winning is the amount of Scots getting game time in Europe.

All the best to St johnstone, I'd love to see them make the group stages.

I have a bad feeling about aberdeen tonight, excuses about the pitch already coming out and the raith game was a disgrace

To be fair, the pitch looks 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Any coverage of the Scottish clubs on TV tonight? Please advise, thanks.

Aberdeen game on hesgoal……I mean redTV

52 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

👍. Are Hibs still in some sort of Eufa league aswell now? I've lost track of all these Europa divisions and what not....

St J were in the Europa league and got dropped into the conference when they got knocked out of that.

Aberdeen and Hibs started in the conference so Hibs are out as you can't go any lower.

Celtic and Rangers got knocked out of the champions league got dropped into the Europa league and if they get knocked out of that go into the conference league.

Can't see any decent sized team taking the Conference seriously but there is cash for winning games so it is attractive to little teams.

Any big teams not still in Europe next month will be playing in the Amazon Prime invitational.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Why are Rangers wearing two different kits? 😂😂

658DD5AB-FC23-41E5-9B67-892FE06DD013.jpeg

Unibet and 32Red are the same company.  Can only assume that Unibet are on the shirts for the European games and 32Red for the domestic ones and the kitman's fucked up and no-one's noticed.

Reminds me of the 1987 FA Cup final when half the Spurs team had tops with Holstein as sponsor and the other half had blank shirts with no sponsor.

I don't normally watch der hun but they play us in a couple of weeks and I was bored shitless last night so I tuned in. 

My observations were as follows.                                         (a) watching them would make your eyes bleed at the moment and the odious Clive Tyldesley didn't make it any better but you have to assume they'll improve.                                       (b) there's no chance an SPFL ref would be sending off Lundstram for those two challenges. Not. A. Chance.       (c) early days but Lundstram looks like a donkey.                     (d) not sure who would be looking to buy any of their players for Dembele type dollars on that display.                (e) they'll probably still beat us in a couple of weeks, I doubt we'll be ready for then but I feel slightly less pessimistic after watching that guff 👍

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Unibet and 32Red are the same company.  Can only assume that Unibet are on the shirts for the European games and 32Red for the domestic ones and the kitman's fucked up and no-one's noticed.

Reminds me of the 1987 FA Cup final when half the Spurs team had tops with Holstein as sponsor and the other half had blank shirts with no sponsor.

Maybe a trick to get the punters (mugs) to buy both tops, nah they wouldn't do that would they :hammer:

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Maybe a trick to get the punters (mugs) to buy both tops, nah they wouldn't do that would they :hammer:

And that's why Kent was wearing the domestic kit - explain that one to me?

You might a point if it was actually possible to buy the Unibet one.

25 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Mr Gerrard did not travelled to Armenia and McCrorie set for debut, Covid related I assume? 

Yes.  Mcgregor, McLaughlin, Tavernier, Bassey, Kent, Sakala & Simpson didn't travel either and all thought to be either positives or close contacts.  Also missing Lundstram, Roofe, Jack & Wright.  Should still be able to put out a decent first XI bit the bench will be filled with young lads I'd imagine.

A big night for Scottish fitba this. There would no doubt be a buzz in the media if all four clubs got through but I'll settle for the dons in St johnstone.

Fully expect it to be the Old firm and St johnstone now 🤣

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A big night for Scottish fitba this. There would no doubt be a buzz in the media if all four clubs got through but I'll settle for the dons in St johnstone.

Fully expect it to be the Old firm and St johnstone now 🤣

We should have more than enough in the tank to beat Alashkert but with our current form, the 40 degree heat and the Covid stuff swirling round I've a feeling it's set up to be one of those nights....