European Football 21/22 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Didnt look too comfortable with cross balls either. Hopefully he can be exploited early next week and make it really comfortable. 

It's not comfy at 5-1? I knew you aberdonians where pessimists but jings!

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Didnt look too comfortable with cross balls either. Hopefully he can be exploited early next week and make it really comfortable. 

Aye. He seemed lost on Considine's goal from the corner. (Not sure he'd be stopping a powerful, close range, free header, anyway.)

3 minutes ago, dj mick said:

It's not comfy at 5-1? I knew you aberdonians where pessimists but jings!

We’re still a new team, they’ve been together for a good few games now and they were looking dangerous on the counter at times. 

1 early goal can quickly turn into 2 and then it’s squeaky bum time. 

We had to beat Copenhagen in 2007 by an amount of goals, the year after they knocked Man Utd out of the CL, they weee hot favourites and 0-0 at ht, probably even more so. 

4 second half goals blitzed them, anything can happen in football. 

5 minutes ago, dj mick said:

It's not comfy at 5-1?

It is, but we still have to put in a professional performance.

As DD implies, an early goal would definitely allow us to rest some players at halftime, and also allow us to rotate the squad (and get more minutes in the legs that need them). There'd also be an opportunity to try a different formation in the second half with a 4 or 5 goal lead.

37 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

'Decent' or top class?

(The boy has been capped by Sweden btw.)

Point is that Aberdeen were well worth their 5 goals.

Lets settle for 'good'.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

We’re still a new team, they’ve been together for a good few games now and they were looking dangerous on the counter at times. 

1 early goal can quickly turn into 2 and then it’s squeaky bum time. 

We had to beat Copenhagen in 2007 by an amount of goals, the year after they knocked Man Utd out of the CL, they weee hot favourites and 0-0 at ht, probably even more so. 

4 second half goals blitzed them, anything can happen in football. 

That was the Jamie Smith show i recall ; one of my few visits to pittodrie , although i did also go to athletico game in madrid

last home game i was at ; may also be a case in point - team from luxembourg stadio jeunesse ? 3-1 at home ( which thought was decent result ) then 0-1 away shocker; recall reading the hit woodwork so almost knocked us out

another bizzare one from memory banks in mid 90 s was a team from baltic states we horsed away ( billy dodds ) but then almost blew it on home return - their travel was by coach too …..

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hacken living up to their name now, been a very poor second half that we’re lucky that we should get out of. 

Job done I guess

Was there anyone left who didn't get booked? 🤣

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Job done I guess

I'm back to worrying about us being able to put the ball in the net.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Was there anyone left who didn't get booked? 🤣

Scott Brown. 😇

I'm in Iceland, so if any Dons fancy a beer I'm up for it next week. 

Great tie for youse. Breiðablik are a constantly decent side both in the league and done alright in Europe too over the past few years ; but on th scale of facing them or Austria Vienna, I think most Dons will be happy going to Iceland. They're a well run club, I know a youth coach who says every summer Italian and Dutch scouts are always over looking for the next big talent. 

It's not far to "downtown" from Kópavogur where they play, maybe 8-10kms away. Those escooters are everywhere so you could hire one of those to get to the ground for probably £10? 

Pal here just asked me, how many Dons will come across? I said wasn't sure but they do travel well in Europe, and even with Covid, I would be surprised if it wasn't more than 500. Is that way too optmistic a guess? Last I checked three wasn't direct Glasgow flights with Icelandair just now, but easyJet fly to Keflavík from Edinburgh.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me. 

Edited by weekevie04

1 minute ago, weekevie04 said:

I'm in Iceland, so if any Dons fancy a beer I'm up for it next week. 

Great tie for youse. Breiðablik are a constantly decent side both in the league and done alright in Europe too over the past few years. They're a well run club, I know a youth coach who says every summer Italian and Dutch scouts are always over looking for the next big talent. 

It's not far to "downtown" from Kópavogur where they play, maybe 8-10kms away. Those escooters are everywhere so you could hire one of those to get to the ground for probably £10? 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me. 

Are you ok to be pished on the e scooters?

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Are you ok to be pished on the e scooters?

Haha, there's a huge debate about it. They're talking (or in the process) of banning them between 12-8 am at the weekends. 

Whilst you're not meant to be pished on them, the Polis would probably just laugh it off if they caught Aberdeen fans doing it (unless it was very dangerous).

You can scoot round the coast to the stadium too on a lovely wee path too past the city airport, wee beach area too. I can find maps etc for anyone who wants more info. 

Enjoy and a great night for our two Scottish teams.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If Rangers overcome Malmo they'll play the winners of Olympiacos/Ludogrets for a place in the groups stages.  No easy games at this level etc however that's about as favourable a draw as we could have hoped for.

That's one he'll of a lucky draw. A real chance for Rangers to get to the groups.