Hungary v Portugal crowd - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hungary v Portugal crowd

thesaint

What about the crowd in Budapest,67000.What's that all about.Surely they are gaining a big advantage.All games should have had a limit of 25% of capacity.It should be a level playing field regarding crowds.We were getting told to sit down yesterday in a stadium with 10000 in it,and nobody within 6 feet of each other.Unbelievable.What is it about Hungary.Don't remember them being well ahead with their vaccination programme.

I don't see what's wrong with making the most of home advantage. Time and time again the big countries get home advantage by hosting tournaments for decades, and sometimes winning them on the back of it. West Germany, France, Argentina spring to mind... I'm sure there's another example, of a country who could only win the tournament at home.

Euro 2020 was one chance for small and medium sized countries to get a shot. Even so, the bigger countries somehow still got their snouts in the trough, with Germany, Spain, Russia all getting home advantage dished out on a plate, and of course England, who snaffle up the semis and the final too.

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

What about the crowd in Budapest,67000.What's that all about.Surely they are gaining a big advantage.All games should have had a limit of 25% of capacity.It should be a level playing field regarding crowds.We were getting told to sit down yesterday in a stadium with 10000 in it,and nobody within 6 feet of each other.Unbelievable.What is it about Hungary.Don't remember them being well ahead with their vaccination programme.

By that logic, every previous euros and world cup should've been played behind closed doors to avoid the hosts having an unfair advantage. 

Great to see football being played in front of a full stadium. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

They have had one of the worst death rates in the world but have a nut job PM who is binning all restrictions. 

3 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Tbf iv enjoyed watching it with a capacity crowd for once its been brilliant. 

They've had to show they've been jabbed to gain entry. 

Maybe the finger should be pointed more at the countries only letting 12,000 in. 

Same should be happening in Scotland, apologies to those that haven't but the country should be a lot less restricted for those that have had the vaccine. 

As for anyone who doesn't want the vaccine, stay indoors until whatever the latest magical % is for herd immunity.

There are a couple of fingers that should be pointed at countries that didn't allow more fans in.

There is also very little encouragement in Scotland for you to get proof that you have had both vaccinations.

I am going on holiday to Cornwall in two weeks and I am going to get the proof sent out to me you do not know how relevant it may be.

8 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

There is also very little encouragement in Scotland for you to get proof that you have had both vaccinations.

I am going on holiday to Cornwall in two weeks and I am going to get the proof sent out to me you do not know how relevant it may be.

If you get the NHS app (not the track and trace one) it'll show your vaccination status and give you a QR barcode that can be scanned by places that require the proof

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Thought ours was wee jimmie krankie.

Can I just take this opportunity to compliment you on this hysterically funny and completely original humour.

Have you considered auditioning for Opportunity Knocks?