Possible Group Scenario - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Possible Group Scenario

The Black Bra

Did anyone else consider as they watched those two France goals being disallowed last night that it could cost Scotland? I know after the first game it’s hard to see us getting any points, but had Germany lost 3-0 last night and then lost to Portugal by a goal or two, it would be pretty impossible for them to qualify as a best third place.
These are the daft things we need to consider now with these tournament rules. 

30 minutes ago, Marky said:

Did anyone else consider as they watched those two France goals being disallowed last night that it could cost Scotland? I know after the first game it’s hard to see us getting any points, but had Germany lost 3-0 last night and then lost to Portugal by a goal or two, it would be pretty impossible for them to qualify as a best third place.

It did cross my mind, yes.

The games today will be interesting also. Ideally looking for a Turkey and Italy win to leave Wales needing to beat Italy in their last game and Switzerland needing to beat Turkey in their last game to have any chance of going through in 3rd.

Really not sure how the Denmark team will play in their last 2 games. It wouldn't be a surprise if they struggle in the remaining games and if Finland were to lose today to Russia and lose in the last game to Belgium they could finish 3rd with a negative goal difference which would be good for us.

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Was more hoping Portugal-Hungary was going to end 0-0 tbh.

If that had happened then you could've easily seen Portgual losing to France and only drawing v Germany so they could've ended with 2 points and I doubt Hungary would get anything so would've been a group with a 3rd place team on about 2 points.

Not going to be many of them as said yesterday. Possibly today is a chance. Turkey-Wales ends as a draw and Italy beat Swiss so would then need Italy to beat Wales aswell and that means 3rd place team couldn't get to 3 points given Swiss and Turkey would be on 1 point going into their final duel.

Slovakia beating Poland wasn't a good result either as they were seen as weakest team in that group.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Was more hoping Portugal-Hungary was going to end 0-0 tbh.

If that had happened then you could've easily seen Portgual losing to France and only drawing v Germany so they could've ended with 2 points and I doubt Hungary would get anything so would've been a group with a 3rd place team on about 2 points.

Not going to be many of them as said yesterday. Possibly today is a chance. Turkey-Wales ends as a draw and Italy beat Swiss so would then need Italy to beat Wales aswell and that means 3rd place team couldn't get to 3 points given Swiss and Turkey would be on 1 point going into their final duel.

Slovakia beating Poland wasn't a good result either as they were seen as weakest team in that group.

I don’t think Germany are much cop. I expect Portugal to beat them.