Season 21/22 - Page 66 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fat Morales to miss Celtic match. Sevconia in meltdown..🤣🤣🤣

About time Celtic started taking points of Rangers themselves, we’re fed up keeping the league going for them this season 👍

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Well deserved, what he, his squad & your team achieved (in a very short period of time) will probably never be achieved again in Scotland (sadly).

Although many of the stand out players where from Glasgow / WOS, i'm sure you had a fair share of local lads, Neale Cooper I think was one ? (always thought he was a cracking player and underrated by most non-Aberdeen fans)

2 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Well deserved, what he, his squad & your team achieved (in a very short period of time) will probably never be achieved again in Scotland (sadly).

Although many of the stand out players where from Glasgow / WOS, i'm sure you had a fair share of local lads, Neale Cooper I think was one ? (always thought he was a cracking player and underrated by most non-Aberdeen fans)

Indeed - I suspect that you are correct 😪

Tattie was born in India to Aberdonian parents, and raised in the City/Shire IIRC

Along with Cooper, Hewitt and Simmie were the stand out local boys - Strachan (Edinburgh), Rougvie (Dunfermline/Ballingry) and Kennedy (Falkirk) were the Central Belters - The remainder would have been dragged up in and around The Land of the Great Unwashed, however seen the light and moved North to better themselves 😉

8 minutes ago, Redz said:

Tattie was born in India to Aberdonian parents, and raised in the City/Shire IIRC

Along with Cooper, Hewitt and Simmie were the stand out local boys - Strachan (Edinburgh), Rougvie (Dunfermline/Ballingry) and Kennedy (Falkirk) were the Central Belters - The remainder would have been dragged up in and around The Land of the Great Unwashed, however seen the light and moved North to better themselves 😉

Dragged up not too badly as your greatest every manager and captain came from there. 

5 hours ago, Redz said:

Nah, it was more like missionary work.  A lifetime spent in wellies can't lend itself well to mastering the art of ball control, so the local yokels needed a wee bit of help from those raised in more civilised climbs, bless them.

(Plus having to chase your dinner through debris strewn slums every night does wonders for your speed and stamina 🐀).

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I kind of agree @morrie21 i could debate it your point but its not.worth it

The point I was making is how pathetic rangers look in the aftermath. I guess they're only pandering the pathetic weak minded souls on their fan base

Yeah mate - I should have expanded on my two sentences to make that clear. The fact it is out there in the media is for their fans to see. I suspect Aberdeen probably wrote to the SFA regarding the standard of officiating the other night too but they didn't feel the need to make it public. 

Rangers clamouring for VAR is a head-scratcher too. They do realise that that system is only as strong as the officials in charge of it. If VAR had been in play the other night (and used properly by competent officials) the Rangers goal would have more than likely been ruled out and a penalty awarded to Aberdeen and probably a yellow card to McGregor.

Even when VAR comes in Scottish football will still be a disaster in the way calls are made and interpreted. 

22 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yeah mate - I should have expanded on my two sentences to make that clear. The fact it is out there in the media is for their fans to see. I suspect Aberdeen probably wrote to the SFA regarding the standard of officiating the other night too but they didn't feel the need to make it public. 

Rangers clamouring for VAR is a head-scratcher too. They do realise that that system is only as strong as the officials in charge of it. If VAR had been in play the other night (and used properly by competent officials) the Rangers goal would have more than likely been ruled out and a penalty awarded to Aberdeen and probably a yellow card to McGregor.

Even when VAR comes in Scottish football will still be a disaster in the way calls are made and interpreted. 

This shows how pathetic football in Scotland has become in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

They’re probably saying Aberdeen should have had a penalty & Mcgregor should have been sent off 🤯

I reckon Scott Broon is pissing himself laughing at this fallout. He's single handedly got Kent sent off and caused the Rangers support and board to throw the toys out of the pram 🤣

43 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

VAR won’t much difference, probably be a Colum, Beaton or Madden sitting in the remote room making the calls 🤯

Tonights starting 11 tells you everything you need to know about Rangers attitude to youth development.

At home to a side in the bottom half of our bottom league yet not young player. Instead opting for Simpson who is rumoured to be moving back south soon and nowhere near good enough, Barker who has never and will never be good enough and the rest being genuine 1st team players.

If guys like King cant get a start in a game like this then there is zero point him being at the club.