Season 21/22 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Hernandez and the blindingly obvious change in McInnes. There was clearly a battle going on there which is why he needed his yes man!

Please tell me you're not one of these fans pining for mcinnes. His arrogance and unwillingness to adapt to a new system and give youth a chance was his downfall

Mcinnes didn't want to use youth, he wanted full control whilst Cormack wanted a different system with more youth given a chance and he is more ambitious than Milne. Mcinnes comes from the same thinking where all clubs should just accept their place below the old firm. It was time to change things. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Please tell me you're not one of these fans pining for mcinnes. His arrogance and unwillingness to adapt to a new system and give youth a chance was his downfall

Mcinnes didn't want to use youth, he wanted full control whilst Cormack wanted a different system with more youth given a chance and he is more ambitious than Milne. Mcinnes comes from the same thinking where all clubs should just accept their place below the old firm. It was time to change things. 

As a complete neutral in this debate, I agree 100% with the above, and Aberdeen could and should have done better in the recent past (especially during the Rangers liquidation and them climbing the leagues period), Glass needs some more time IMO, although like all managers he'll live or die by his results. third best squad in Scotland i reckon.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

100% this. It was always claimed we never had another right/left back and now look at what we’ve got, now that Mcinnes is gone. Those boys would’ve never been given a chance otherwise. 

We’ve went over all this ground before regarding him being a muppet, so I’m not gonna bother typing it out for some daft woman that is gutted her piece of eye candy has gone. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

100% this. It was always claimed we never had another right/left back and now look at what we’ve got, now that Mcinnes is gone. Those boys would’ve never been given a chance otherwise. 

We’ve went over all this ground before regarding him being a muppet, so I’m not gonna bother typing it out for some daft woman that is gutted her piece of eye candy has gone. 

Mcinnes is eye candy? fuck sake, there's hope for me yet!

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you deliberately missing the point?

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

another cracker of a post

I could be missing your point or maybe you aren't very good at making a point in the first place. 

Given I answered your question quite obviously I think the issue is yours. You decided to ignore the point and change the subject

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

Get back to doing the cooking you daft woman.

What are you insinuating here?

28 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Given I answered your question quite obviously I think the issue is yours. You decided to ignore the point and change the subject

You clearly have the problem, the snide remarks you make are bloody tedious. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

How many other young players stagnated & became dissolutioned under Mcinnes, knowing they wouldn’t get a chance or being the scapegoat for a bad team performance if they somehow did. Much as I think Glass is too inexperienced I would rather watch his more adventurous style than the dross we had in Mcinnes last 3 years.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Away end sold out for  Tuesday at Somerset. 

Not a happy hunting ground. Last win thrtr was 92/93 season 😂😂

That sounds like an awful record, but how many times have you actually played them since 92?

21 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

As a complete neutral in this debate, I agree 100% with the above, and Aberdeen could and should have done better in the recent past (especially during the Rangers liquidation and them climbing the leagues period), Glass needs some more time IMO, although like all managers he'll live or die by his results. third best squad in Scotland i reckon.

Indeed - All reasonable / balanced points 

Understandably 🙄 there are a couple of Fandans on here who clearly wish pain and ill on all things Aberdeen - We can live with that though 👍

SG will either come through Nov or not - Personally I hope he does as it'll mean we're on the up, however if not we tried it, it didn't work, and DC will have to grow a pair or the external pressure will be relentless

As for McInnes, hes gone, needed to go, and no amount of moist female underwear will bring him back

SF

On 10/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, glasgow jock said:

This has been true ever since the glory years ended. There is something afoot at the club which goes way beyond the management 

What I don't get about Glass is that the signings he's made don't tally with the high press risk/reward style he's supposed to be bringing in. Who's responsible for that? Maybe he needs another window? 

Regardless, like Ange at Celtic you need to be winning a decent amount of games. 0 for 10 is unsustainable for anyone 🙅‍♂️

39 minutes ago, slasher said:

What I don't get about Glass is that the signings he's made don't tally with the high press risk/reward style he's supposed to be bringing in. Who's responsible for that? Maybe he needs another window? 

Regardless, like Ange at Celtic you need to be winning a decent amount of games. 0 for 10 is unsustainable for anyone 🙅‍♂️

From what I gather and what Cormack alluded to on Sportsound, Glass does not have responsibility for recruitment.  Who does exactly is another matter. 

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Conversely that was actually evident at the start of the season - That said the likes of Hedges & Watkins are key to this and have spent large parts out - We also have an entirely new defence with the 2 young fullbacks breaking through, and Gallagher / Bates coming in - This coupled with Considine being out, and our current inability to keep clean sheets, will throw doubts with regards the press

You may well be correct - It's some turnaround of players we've had though, adopting a new style usually takes time - Time he may or may not get

On your second point, absolutely! However it's not done for me yet, and although it looks like being a tough 6 weeks for SG, stranger things happen in football

13 hours ago, aaid said:

From what I gather and what Cormack alluded to on Sportsound, Glass does not have responsibility for recruitment.  Who does exactly is another matter. 

He also 'alluded' to our 2 team obsessed west coast media being a shower of cunts - That's bought him a bit more time on its own 👍

That's quite simply a throwaway remark designed for impact - You may well be correct of course, however who do you think does and why?

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

There is something afoot at the club which goes way beyond the management 

So broad brush change was needed then - The above reads as a damned if they do damned if they don't type scenario to me

Whilst the 'recruitment' of Glass smacks of lapdog / jobs for the boys, clubbed together with several head scratching decisions, and that they might actually royally fuck this up..................they've only been in the door 5 mins

I'm after no bun fight - Were you happy having your eyes bleed every week/ what would you do ?

It's not just the winless run that bothers me, it's that the football hasn't improved at all yet IMO. I don't see any sign of the new improved, exciting football (other than the 1st Euro tie) despite what the data might say. 10 games without a win would be easier to take if we were creating chances and losing every game to an inspired goalie.

As for the signings after we failed to get Boyle (although I'm sceptical that we did actually bid £500k) Glass said there was a Plan B, surely that wasn't Watkins??

Anyway, Hibs, Hearts & Motherwell the next 3 Saturdays at Pittodrie, better be getting a win or 2 - or at least threatening to!