Season 21/22 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

It’s the laws of the game that are in place today that are applied, not whatever they were 50 years ago.

My day wasn’t 50 years ago. Do I look that old?

Anyway, I’m a Wolves man. Scottish club football a joke. Ever thus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, duncan II said:

There really is noth

Me too. Seen them given to dirty huns, not to anyone else. No wonder Debian was feart to post the video,

(not actually watched yet)

What the fuck are you on about?  I hadn't commented on it let alone feart to post the video.

FWIW, VAR in Scottish Football sends him off.  You mad tin foil fud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Yeah not a red for me. I don't see how a tackle that doesn't make contact with the opposing player (or even come close) and is executed well at high speed = a red card.

Aribo should have been booked for playacting regardless of what you think about Porteous' tackle. 


Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dandydunn said:

Someone needs to put the bottle down I think…….

😄 
I hate them. I hate them so much. I hated the original club. I hated their bigotry, their horrible fans, their cheating. The spittle dribbling from their mouths. I hated the board, the management, everything.

then they died.

Then a new club began. And the bigoted, horrible, smelly fans with no club attached themselves to that new one. Now they have all the same failings and horribleness as the old one PLUS an added sense of grievance for some bizarre reason. 
I don’t drink. I hate them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, aaid said:


Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

That's what I'm saying. He's not lunged at or endangered an opponent. Who do you think has been lunged at or put in danger. Not Aribo surely? He nowhere near him.  

Edited by Morrisandmoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That's what I'm saying. He's not lunged at or endangered an opponent. Who do you think has been lunged at or put in danger. Not Aribo surely? He nowhere near him.  

Porteous isn’t in control, if he makes full contact then there’s a very good chance of Aribo being seriously injured, the fact that he didn’t get injured isn’t at all relevant.

It’s perfectly possible to execute a safe and legal slide tackle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Why did he make that lunge then? 

To take control of the space and win the ball? You see it all the time - usually at the sideline when a player slides in and fires the ball out the park. 

If another players is not in genuine danger from the tackle, then you cannae be sending folk off for sliding in quickly and winning the ball cleanly imo. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Morrisandmoo said:

To take control of the space and win the ball? You see it all the time - usually at the sideline when a player slides in and fires the ball out the park. 

If another players is not in genuine danger from the tackle, then you cannae be sending folk off for sliding in quickly and winning the ball cleanly imo. 

It’s not a controversial decision. I doubt Hibs will appeal it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Porteous isn’t in control, if he makes full contact then there’s a very good chance of Aribo being seriously injured, the fact that he didn’t get injured isn’t at all relevant.

It’s perfectly possible to execute a safe and legal slide tackle.

 

If he had slid into my living room and made contact with my face I would also be seriously injured. As it happens, he kept well away from my living room and targeted the ball instead. 

It was confusing that Aribo was rolling about in an uncontrolled fashion right enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Porteous connects with the ball with his foot then its not even a foul. As it was though he didnt, his foot was over the top of the ball, straightish leg and is a red card.

One of the worst things about fans and pundits is that they dont know the rules. They apply what they want the rules to be rather than what they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...